The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sorry guys, I've another 30 odd hours of deep discussion to go yet.....

Table of eight at breakfast so far, three more bridesmaids to come. Manic and noisy.....and that's just Mrs S.

Managed to escape for a few minutes. Glad to know real life still exists out there... :mail:

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I've another 30 odd hours of deep discussion to go yet.....

Table of eight at breakfast so far, three more bridesmaids to come. Manic and noisy.....and that's just Mrs S.

Managed to escape for a few minutes. Glad to know real life still exists out there... :mail:

I've done it twice. I have 2 words of advise for you. " hip flask". :drinks:
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

lots of grey cloud about , but seem to be of the non-leaking variety so far .

Good luck for tomorrow Gordon , and if you want to cause a state of panic you could always gently

crumple to the floor just as you are due to say your ' I do ' line , at least you can blame it on the pills .

I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday , I wish it was tomorrow , I'd cancel it .

Have a good one folks .

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, dry with a bit of sunshine here I hope you get something similar Gordon! If any of my children get married it will be quiet registry office and a'do' in a pub after if they expect me to pay for it..... Mind you if they carry on at the rate their going it will be after my funeral never mind after I retire. Time to get on with the chores again.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Oh! That's alright then...................... :drag:

What the heck is at Acton Canal Wharf?????

Best, Pete.

Really Pete - don't you know where Acton Canal Wharf is? You clearly misspent your time in the London area. look at all these hits it gets on Google!! http://www.google.co...8H4KZ0QXZjJyVBw

Anyway morning all, weather is the same again - cloud now, rain (heavy) later and little else to report except that laddo has finally got himself a different job although it means he will be leaving broadcasting. But it's an extra couple of grand p.a, is only a 5 day week, won't mean going up & done the M4 everyday, and - probably best of all - won't mean leaving for work at 04.45 every morning (although he doesn't leave until 05.00 on Sundays); what it will be to get off a year of permanent early turns.

PS Sorry Gordon I forgot to commiserate wish you well, hope it all goes off ok and that if it doesn't you don't get the blame. And if you seeking metal diversion there is the Pendon visit to look forward to. (strange connection there - apropos of nothing - but the last wedding reception I attended was in Snells Hall).

Edited by The Stationmaster

Oh! That's alright then...................... :drag:

What the heck is at Acton Canal Wharf?????

Best, Pete.

Not much really Pete, just a Signal Box and an access point for relieving trains! There used to be some sidings there once upon a time and Acton Lane Power Station was close by. It's the next box north from Acton Wells Junction on the line from there to Neasden and Cricklewood, and is opposite the sharply curved connection round to the WCML at Willesden.

Bit grey here today, not much to do except a spot of DIY apparently (a hateful invention surely) and wait and see if the other half's postal bid on a local piece of railway memorabilia is successful at today's GCR Railwayana Auction ;)

Oops, nearly forgot... best of luck Gordon, hope it all goes swimmingly!

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

We've been taking the opportunity of rotten weather to tidy up the flat some. I just needed a break and a cuppa coffee, though. Amazing how much clutter will accumulate in your shelves when you keep pushing off this job...

• RMweb Gold

Done and dusted yesterday.....Not me I hasten to add.

Just met a lovely guy at the church who is doing the flowers.

Reminded me of Franck Eggelhoffer..... :D

I had never met a wedding planner until Aditi's brother got married. He wasn't quite as demure as Franck but he was very good at explaining to Aditi's mother why she couldn't invite 250 of her closest friends to the wedding! MiL (dis)organised a second reception a month later for what seemed like most of Nottingham at the time!

Tony

Gordon, good luck with the wedding in the morning! Hope all goes well.

Excuse extended absence, mad couple of days with travel, looking after 3 year old and various other issues!! Hopefully life will calm down a little once this weekend's out of the way.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a very nice morning here. I assume Gordon has arranged the weather to be good today.

We have also been hoping it would dry out somewhat. Matthew has gone to a friend's for a party. As all the other people there are members of the university hiking club the accommodation is under canvas. Though as the friend's parents have a pig farm I suppose they could use those little huts that outdoor pigs live in.

Tony

Good morning one & all,

Glad to see in some parts the weathers taking a turn for the better....now I got to get on with my reports as company C.E.O's in country tonight.... enjoy the day,

Trev.

Morning all.

As all the other people there are members of the university hiking club the accommodation is under canvas. Though as the friend's parents have a pig farm I suppose they could use those little huts that outdoor pigs live in.

Tony

What about the smell?

Well it's all systems go and what isn't done, won't be....

Thanks for all your best wishes.

Over and out!.. B)

By the time I wake up for a second time it will all be over - hopefully in a good way!

Weather could have been far worse...

Best, Pete.

Long drive to see Richard's wife today.

Results not bad so far but would have liked it to be more - lots of his stuff still in limbo.

RL Auction of photo's should be interesting.

Some more stuff to collect too.

I'm planning to put 'clearance' prices on the remainder on here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55960-disposal-of-richard-wheeltappers-modelling-items/page__gopid__681702&do=findComment&comment=681702

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

weather is okay so far , no rain that is .

Today will be spent trying to make a Peco turntable look a bit more like a GWR one .

Mick should be done with the lawn now then !!

Enjoy your day .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

not too bad weather wise at present but it doesn't look quite as promising as the forecast. Anyway back to rain tomorrow - presumably all something to do with Gordon's influence on the weather gods :O (can't have him dripping wet in all the pics can we ;) ).

And Sidecar Mike - how about trying some side girders from the old Airfix turntable kit; it was supposedly based on a GW 'table?