The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

...snip... Daisy Duck Spring Roll for Starters and a Roast leg of Bambi for mains. Yum, what a repast……

Now you are making me hungry; and I have not had breakfast yet! :biggrin_mini:

• Like 4
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Waiting on a teams meeting for dissertation students to show up.

This is their fourth out of eight

They didn't show up to the previous ones, either.

Even though one regularly says yes to the invite, one has complained that they missed the invite and when was the next meeting. I did say the time and location but they're also absent. The third haven't heard from at all

Since September

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

A lot of lecturers do this

I thought that was OPAITTB?

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

One Page A Head In The Text Book

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Even though one regularly says yes to the invite, one has complained that they missed the invite and when was the next meeting. I did say the time and location but they're also absent. The third haven't heard from at all

Since September

Are they the same students that will no doubt demand later on that the world owes them a very handsome living for doing naff all?

Good job Puppers isn't/wasn't a lecturer!    They'd have got short shrift from me and they wouldn't even have had the fourth and subsequent invitations if they  CBA (everyone will have to work that acronym out for themselves) or, at least, have the common decency to attempt to come up with a half decent excuse before the event.

Alan

• Like 3
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Many pages skipped due to 522 errors - so as usual, it's only generic greetings - I feel other users frustration, and I would happily pay a small (though not to Gold level) to get a bit more server capacity or whatever it may need.

Generic greetings.  Warren we're all here for you whenever you need us - losing your mum is not easy, and I have been there, and done that.  I found the ctber support on ERs to be comforting and helpful.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

Since September

John, I presume these students have to pay huge university tuition fees?  I just don't get it or is it so that they can then moan to the world at large that they're getting nothing for their money?

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Tony, I’m guessing Ibuprofen.

Spot on Bob.

The original brand of ibuprofen was called ‘Brufen’ and they were pink. Subsequently generic versions were pink to look like the original.

BTW pink/red is a good colour for painkillers, psychologically speaking.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

15 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

John, I presume these students have to pay huge university tuition fees?  I just don't get it or is it so that they can then moan to the world at large that they're getting nothing for their money?

Don't know but it takes me time to prepare for each meeting, getting their work (such as it is), organising myself and then sitting. Can't gt on with anything else substantive as if they do turn up I'll have to drop it and forget where I am

And then when they don't show I put more time in both writing to them, their personal tutors and their module leader saying that they haven't turned up[.

Just annoyed.

Edited by Coombe Barton
TYPOMAN has come to play
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Spot on Bob.

The original brand of ibuprofen was called ‘Brufen’ and they were pink. Subsequently generic versions were pink to look like the original.

BTW pink/red is a good colour for painkillers, psychologically speaking.

Thank you. I don’t think I have ever had ibuprofen tablets. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

John, I think I'd be more than "just annoyed."  I'm betting you are too. 

And now some good news and Yippee and Whoopee do!! :D

I have just been instructed that my presence is not only necessary but will also be welcome in the galley later and I will be needed to slice up some onions.  This can only mean one thing on a weekday so it's sausage & mash for dinner tonight and I'll be doing the onion gravy.  :yes:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 14
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from estuary-land. I was feeling quite comfortable by lunchtime so I went out to get a few essentials. I felt OK when I got home, for about half an hour then I got the shakes. I hadn't eaten much over the last few days so I grabbed a yoghurt out of the fridge and took a couple of paracetamols. That seams to have done the trick but I still have a mild temperature, Now to lie down in a darkened room.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Remember the dead guy taken to the Post Office dead in Ireland its just been on news on Scala that his Post Mortem is natural causes no foul play.

That reminded me of the story of an East African who was getting a government pension. As he could neither read nor write he signed with a thumbprint. The officials noted that he was approaching his 100th birthday and decided to make a special celebration. Thats when it all came unstuck. The pensioner had been dead for about 35 years and the relatives had cut off his thumb after he had died so they could keep collecting his pension.

• Funny 15

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Well Brian, as you've showed me yours I think it's only fair that I show you mine! :D

IMG_4485.JPG.36211c2d2328f842722d342371a795ab.JPG

Second finger is "trigger finger" in locked position.  I can sometimes unlock it easily other times I have to pull it back straight.  Third finger has the Dupuytren's nodule at the base and is impossible to fully straighten and I can longer get my wedding ring on.  There are signs of it starting at the base of my thumb and I can't lay the whole hand completely flat.  Also getting it in the  right hand.  It's rather annoying and sometimes wakes me up at night and also means that I struggle to play the guitar.  That's always been a struggle anyway but this has made it worse.  :banghead:

Oh dear, my little finger is a more "advanced" version of your ring finger being now stuck at 90 degrees to the norm. All other fingers are OK but I'm keeping a sharp eye. I do not have any pain or inconvenience other than the occasional inadvertant eye or nostril poke when in the shower or washing my face or shaving so have not sought medical advice other than the NHS website. Neither does it interfere with the subject we must not mention on ER or any diy projects I undertake, fingers crossed, well not that one obviously. 

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Walkabout became "wetabout" today. Pah! Her indoors scored major points as she had reminded me to take ske my coat....and I didn't..pah!

Long walked enjoyed despite the rain. 

Time to... go to the bar!!

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 15

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

John, I think I'd be more than "just annoyed."  I'm betting you are too. 

And now some good news and Yippee and Whoopee do!! :D

I have just been instructed that my presence is not only necessary but will also be welcome in the galley later and I will be needed to slice up some onions.  This can only mean one thing on a weekday so it's sausage & mash for dinner tonight and I'll be doing the onion gravy.  :yes:

Bangers and Mash for me too Bob, My onions are already in the mix.:good:

• Like 11