The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

This morning's LFT was -ve so only one to go and I'll be able to enjoy Christmas with the family. Covid numbers still rising rapidly in Ealing thanks to Omicron though . I'm more or less behaving as I did during lockdown but it's probably only a matter of time before I get it- with any luck not too seriously thanks to the vaccines.

Not so grey in London today so my daily walk should be reasonably pleasant.

I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas and it's good to know that the next time I go to the supermarket I won't be subjected to the usual "Christmassy" music.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We used to sing  " A bar of Sunlight soap came down

And they began to scrub."

The Boss has made sausage rolls and I've made my pastry and it's chilling in the fridge  while I have a muggtatea.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

to the usual "Christmassy" music.

No escape from it here and we haven’t been to a supermarket since the start of 2020! Aditi has one of the Classic Christmas music programmes on the kitchen radio and then switches to Greatest Christmas Hits Radio, and then if all else fails she can play the iPod through a speaker. 
Tony

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Bob’s photo has reminded me that I need to replenish the bird feeders. I haven’t been able to get at the bird food for a couple of weeks but the birds have still been visiting eating whatever they like from various shrubs and trees. I don’t expect any parakeets though. They have been seen in Essex recently but not in Benfleet. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Bob’s photo has reminded me that I need to replenish the bird feeders. I haven’t been able to get at the bird food for a couple of weeks but the birds have still been visiting eating whatever they like from various shrubs and trees. I don’t expect any parakeets though. They have been seen in Essex recently but not in Benfleet. 

Not that far away from Benfleet. They are here only about five miles away from you. Not far behind the muntjac deer who's barking could be heard for several nights past. (Their 'bark' sounds like an asthmatic dog.)

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Sorry I've been missing in action again - largely down to things being very busy here - though the house move, just seems to be snailing its way along.  So with a bit of skipping we're here and offering the now obligatory generic greetings, and a PROMISE of a visit tomorrow morning to proffer season's greetings.

Tomorrow's dinner is partly prepared (I've got the prawns out to start thawing) and as there's only two of us, and ALL the free range corn fed chickens in Lidl were almost the size of a small turkey, we instead bought a deluxe range free range chicken crown with winter fruit stuffing, which if it is as delicious as it sounds and looks will do us well. 

Anyway, here's another bit of Christmas cheer from Foxes and Fossils.

Back tomorrow, and that's a promise.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 17

Afternoon all, quiet day before the storm, after yesterdays wander in the rain on the beach with daughters family, today is a feet up sort of day in the warm having vid calls with distant family so tomorrow will to our selves. Take care all and have a nice time tomorrow, will catch up later.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

The Mrs has decided she is going to have a look in Morrisons to see if there is anything of use reduced so guess what taxi service again.

I'm currently sat in the car park watching an old woman trying to park her car I think it would be easier to shift the other cars in glad she's not near my car

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

I once watched a woman trying to park a Roller in an on-street space that was too short for the car.  She even got out of the car, looked at the space each end, got back in and carried on.  After about ten minutes she gave up, by which time she had quite an audience.  

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Nadelik Lowen".

We got a nice Christmas card with the Welsh version of that this morning. It had a train on it too. It didn’t have one of those “my exciting year” letters included but it did contain a handwritten list of things that had annoyed our friend in 2021 and what he would like to see happen to those who had annoyed him! PolyBear would have awarded a rant of the day sticker I think. It made Aditi laugh anyway. 
The food delivery was early. Aditi wasn’t ready to receive visitors but I was well briefed to reject a couple of substitutes. We sent back coffee and chocolate infused Wensleydale and a bottle of sweet fizzy wine. What I didn’t realise was that the 3 dozen eggs were not something we ordered, Aditi has contacted Waitrose but could only leave a message. 
Tony

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13