The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Very noisy here with lots of sirens and India 99 hovering over our road and the adjacent one.  Can't see what's happening though.

Perhaps they’re hoping to arrest an escaped virus ;)  

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Gold

Neighbour's missing parcel has turned up two doors away (even though courier was told to leave it with us) so that's OK, especially as it was quite valuable.

India 99 moved on after about 20 minutes most of which was spent hovering over the  next road to us.

IMG_4464.JPG.5382c9c9a23598fec21c21923fe15ab2.JPG

I'm guessing it was an attempted burglary.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

Greetings all from a grey and drizzly Sidcup.

I'd made a note to wish Tony well - but he's done already. which sounds like a good thing.

I hope that Simon gets better news on his Mrs.

and I am glad to see that Chrisf has an alternative Christmas destination sorted.

Met a couple of friends for a long lunch at Hawksmoor. We shared a chateauriand and very nice it was too. Better still, they allow you to bring wines (and charge a not inconsequential corkage). One friend has a very full wine cellar but he generously decided we should help him drink a bottle of the 2005 chateau Musar, which is my favourite wine. So a good day was had.

Today is back to battling through the year end; it really is a gift that keeps giving!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

In the words of Jim Royle "Slipped and fell My a*$€ "

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

How did he get to the hospital or shouldn't we ask?

I wonder if we will ever get to the bottom of this story? :unknw_mini:

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Netley being a very important military hospital from 1856 to 1978 at its peak it had over 1000 beds...

Perhaps the ordinance will be of interest to someone in Gloucester, it looks about the right diameter ...

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Between Netley and Sholing.  Might do a few £m of improvements if it goes BANG :O   ;)

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I now have a new walking stick thanks to a kind lady named Jenny. Its the same size and type (bentwood) as the one I lost except that it looks as if its brand new. Glad to hear that Tony's procedure went OK and hope that Simons missus is alright. Tea has brewed, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59522243

Hope these two creatures get a good shoeing inside any lag that does anything should recieve time off their sentence.

They should be in a cell with Raymond and Raymona the barsteward 

Hope they rot in hell

One evil nutcase is one thing - but how on earth do you manage to get two such nutcases together (e.g. Brady & Hindley)?  Hopefully they meet their worst nightmares in prison - somehow I've a feeling they will.....

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

How did he get to the hospital or shouldn't we ask?

Bear can confidently predict it wasn't by pushbike....

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

On the way back I stopped at the local hardware store, and tried to by some more rat poison, no they've stopped selling it as they'd need a special license, ok how about drain cleaner, nope you now need a trade account to prove your not going to kill someone with it...

That reminds me time to look at to the house of strong ladies on those dangerous lines..

About 6 months ago the local village Post Office had a couple of dozen bottles of "One Shot" in the window, at around a couple of quid a bottle  (for those unaware, it's 91% Sulphuric Acid....).  I mentioned to the lad working behind the counter just how nasty the stuff is - he said it'd been a very popular seller, but he'd have a word with the owner when I mentioned one of it's nastier uses in the wrong hands.  It had disappeared from sale by the next time I went in there.

I've since learned you now need a licence to sell it; it's not that long ago that Homebase had it for sale openly.  I have a couple of bottles in the shed, but would be happy to see it gone - unfortunately I'm too far away from the Continuum so passing it to Q is out....

In other news.....

The revised plumbing for the outside tap has been completed insofar as is possible - the last section of pipe (the easy bit) has to wait until after the Plasterer has worked his magic.  Tomorrow should see the two pipes for the lounge radiator sorted; sadly I need to drain the CH system for that job - I'll remember to shut down the CH and the hot water this time...... :yahoo:

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1