The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Glad that you have passed the MOT Tony, taking all the tablets at once might be more convenient too, less to forget.

I'll rattle so much the dog will be able to find me more easily!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad that you have passed the MOT Tony,

Me too

Nidge were did the steam carriage come from? pic 2!

:mosking:

Definitely a Gooch design.

Welcome back DD.

• Like 1

Glad that you have passed the MOT Tony, taking all the tablets at once might be more convenient too, less to forget. Nidge were did the steam carriage come from? pic 2!

I only noticed it after I'd posted the pics.... the Swindon influence knows no boundaries it seems! Erected during the recent WCML remodelling, still waiting to see what'll be attached to it yet...

• RMweb Gold

You want some sound? Try this http://www.steamsoundsarchive.com/10/10_1.html (and the good thing about it is that you at least can't hear me swearing at the Traction Inspector on the footplate of 4930 as we went up Sapperton Bank with me fuming about the dismal performance and the Severn Tunnel Driver muttering 'this was how we always came up here on the ballasts' and me trying to get it through to him that we were not on a ballast train. Mind you we still knocked out a few bricks as we went through the tunnel :O ).

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like there were some young ladies on there as well Mike. You didn't mention those..... :no:

No room for them on the footplate alas (where there were, I seem to recall, what I shall refer to as 'a number of us', and at least 3 of us had a go on the shovel going up Sapperton although the loco was steaming well but the Fireman was flagging a bit after many years of driving diesels).

Glad to hear it all went well Tony. Sounds like there's a few miles left in the tank.....

Talking about sounds, stumbled across this site a few minutes ago. It's all about band line ups from the 60's.

http://www.webcitati...-10-25 22:33:23

I'm not impressed that they missed off their greatest and most successful single: "You Don't Know Like I Know" - still sounds good today...

Best, Pete.

Oops, you're right! Alzheimers kicking in, I'm afraid!!!!!!!

Btw on Dexy's the No.1 single was called Geno and was about Geno and The Ram Jam Band, specifically a gig they did in Harrow in 1968. It's a good song and performance.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

No worries Pete, I got just as confused over C'mon Eileen and Geno. Both were Kevin Rowland but completely different backing group under the same name 'Midnight Runners'.

Geno Washington was pretty special as a live band though. Just a shame he couldn't recreate that excitement on a 45. The live album was one of my all time favourites that I haven't heard for years.

It could be on my iPod in a few minutes....

Edit: No it won't. iTunes don't list the album. I wonder if it's still on CD. If not it's back to vinyl......

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Jeez, only two CD's that I can find. One at £47 and the other £125......Vinyl copies seem readily available for less that £20.....and I thought vinyl was the real way to listen to music as it was recorded.

Have you tried to see if what you want is in Amazon's mp3 Geno Washington downloads?

• RMweb Gold

Anyone need a recipe for delays? Mix evening commuters with participants for the JP Morgan run. No dicing required even!

All you need is a gas main leak in the roadworks which Aditi has to contend with tonight. I don't really know when to start dinner !

All sounds too loud for me!

This afternoon I've been listening to Americana by Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Gawd, Neil has his moments! Have you heard "ARC"?

Is Americana the one with "God Save The Queen" on?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Good grief, that's a blast from the past - Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, I must have seen them 5 or 6 times way back when. It's strange the things that stick in your head, I can remember that the keyboard player had a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet for his Hammond.

Another favourite band, again who I saw often, was Jimmy James and the Vagabonds. Happy days apart from the fact that I met my ex-wife at a JJ gig at the Royal Pier ballroom in Southampton (which was all the way out out the end of the pier.

Howzabout: Brian Bennett and The Rebel Rousers?

I saw them by mistake - I was a a week early for a John Mayall gig (the Mick Taylor era). The Rebel Trousers were pretty good in a punchy ###### R&B way....

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Is Americana the one with "God Save The Queen" on?

Certainly is! First two verses and then a segue (is that the right term?) into "My Country Tis of Thee"

• RMweb Gold

Howzabout: Brian Bennett and The Rebel Rousers?

I saw them by mistake - I was a a week early for a John Mayall gig (the Mick Taylor era). The Rebel Trousers were pretty good in a punchy ###### R&B way....

Best, Pete.

Wasn't that Cliff B. & the R.Rs? BB sat at the back of the Shadows.

Have you tried to see if what you want is in Amazon's mp3 Geno Washington downloads?

Just had a look and they don't list the album. For some reason all the other tracks listed aren't available until July 2012 either.