The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

If you have put petrol in your diesel car it won't go for very long. It would not be stopping and having to be pumped to restart it. Possible that the other garage used it to clean the outside of the fuel lines but that seems silly. You would be looking for a new pump £1,000 to £2,000 touch.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

We're at eight oktas again, but it is still dry outside. After uni, I will stop by at school to enter the final marks into the system. Other than that, I myself have nothing much on the agenda, though my GF intends to bring her electric bike to the shop for another repair attempt, as they apparently goofed up the first time around.

Here is a sign I saw recently. Perhaps Dom can identify the language!

This is a clear example of Rotten English! :yes:

Morning all,

The sign definitely looks like it hails from Yorkshire!

It is a very grey morning here today, and I suspect rain will follow shortly.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, grey outside and a day of showers and sunshine predicted. The sign gets its message across with the minimum number of letters of course it is from Yorkshire. It is a dialect not rotten English.

• Like 1

Good grief the sun is out. Whatever next....

Got Clan Line coming through again at 10.00, so will probably wander down to the local station.

Much as I love sport and the Olympics, I hope the opening ceremony turns out to be a lot better than the stuff I've seen this morning.... :O

Hello all.

Had a very successful shop yesterday. All purchases from one shop. R1000.total.

Stopped in at the Mug & Bean and had a superb toasted bacon and egg sandwich - 4 slices of toast, 2 runny eggs (as ordered )

an overflow of bacon cutable with the edge of the fork. delicious! - not cheap.

I hope all goes well with the Doctor Andrew.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all. It is a really pleasant morning here, blue sky over Benfleet, a few fluffy clouds over the Thames. Only sound at the moment is birdsong, it is a bit early for the sounds from the nearby primary school yet.

The "lambs ont road" was photographed near Buttermere in Cumbria.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Car is in the hands of the garage now - here's hoping for a low cost stay....

Stuck now with a Ford KA for the rest of the day - 'nuff said.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

There just was a rather heavy shower outside. I do like listening to the sound of falling rain - especially at night.

On another note, a Zebra should be inbound for me at this time, so I hope I shall find a parcel at my door once I return home :dancing: .

Welcome home DD. Morning all.

Dom, I rather like that one! Did you see the Battle of Britain loco unveiled at York last week? Rather a nice livery. I'm awaiting a delivery too (though not loco shaped - book shaped this time). I did get a loco-shaped delivery on Saturday though, as I'd availed myself of a Liverpool-based retailer's offer of a DCC-fitted Jubilee for £56 plus postage. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Don, that breakfast sounds delicious, hope it didn't cost 1000 Rand like the clothes! I had to google the conversion rate as that was the second Rand to pound conversion I wanted to make in a couple of days. I'd listened to some of the BBC Radio "Hansie Cronje Story" that was broadcast again when there was no play in the Test, and there was talk of him receiving a 50000 Rand bung and that there would have been a 500000 Rand payment to a charity of his choice for fixing a game.

Mike,I had the sandwich, Tim had a large muffin we both had coffee and the bill including tip came to R100.00.

Had we been to my favourite coffee shop in Pinelands the bill would have been half that, however it was excellenjt

and I did not begrudge the price.

• RMweb Premium

Morning ,

dry with outbreaks of sunshine , that will take some geting used to .

I dont care if I never see another bi-colour LED again , it took most of yesterday to wire up 32 of them ,

and that does'nt include fitting in the panel and wireing , problem is there are still another 32 to do . :swoon:

Oh well , have a good day all .

Mike (Sidcar)

When I was wiring up the leds indicating the direction points were set to (64 leds), the positive pole leads were left long and one pole was common to all. It took the whole day. That night when I was doing something else in the control box I did something that instantaniously blew the lot!

• RMweb Premium

Mike (Sidcar)

When I was wiring up the leds indicating the direction points were set to (64 leds), the positive pole leads were left long and one pole was common to all. It took the whole day. That night when I was doing something else in the control box I did something that instantaniously blew the lot!

You have my sympathies Don , I think I would go out and shoot myself if that happened .

I did manage to destroy a carefully constucted bank of resistors on a different project , luckily only ten .

I have'nt counted up how many will be needed for the main panel yet , to scared of the impending result . :O

• RMweb Gold

If you have put petrol in your diesel car it won't go for very long. It would not be stopping and having to be pumped to restart it. Possible that the other garage used it to clean the outside of the fuel lines but that seems silly. You would be looking for a new pump £1,000 to £2,000 touch.

Very true but the odd thing is the car has been playing up a bit on morning starts for a while and the first 'fail to start' was at Railex so it has been running around like this for a couple of weeks (not much running around as I've hardly used it since the dealer's garage said it was alright ('kin' idiots - two working days just to say nothing was wrong with it!). Anyway it's now in the hands of the diesel experts having been part done but I found a small leak so a bit of pipework might have suffered when they purged it.

That apart it's morning all and what a nice sunny one it is - warm with it as well but must stay near the 'phone for various calls so a good excuse not to go shifting piles of bricks out in the garden.

Managed to catch Clan Line again this morning. It was running about 10 minutes late and was certainly trying to catch up for lost time. Having see DoG, Britannia, Princess Elizabeth and Clan Line in the last couple of weeks or so, it made me realise just how few loco's there are in service for main line running. Britannia is out again tomorrow so may well trundle over to Winchfield to get a pic or two.

Good way to get out of shifting bricks, Mike....

Had the plumber in Monday to sort out our leaky bath and was surprised to see him use a bit of equipment descended from high tech medical stuff. A hand held endoscope was invaluable in seeing up behind the bath and then down through holes in the floorboards. Funny how these high tech bits eventually make it into everyday use in some trades. Made me shudder to look at it as memories of internals in my nether regions came flooding back.....

post-6950-0-48919800-1339583081_thumb.jpg

post-6950-0-35063700-1339582972_thumb.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Had the plumber in Monday to sort out our leaky bath and was surprised to see him use a bit of equipment descended from high tech medical stuff. A hand held endoscope was invaluable in seeing up behind the bath and then down through holes in the floorboards. Funny how these high tech bits eventually make it into everyday use in some trades. Made me shudder to look at it as memories of internals in my nether regions came flooding back.....

Yours for 70 notes from Maplin Electronics guv - with an 80cm flexible part.

BTW I'm only seeing one pic on your post Gordon but you seem to have posted two - strange!

It may be because I edited the post to add a second pic Mike. For some reason I hadn't loaded it properly. I can see two pics, so maybe you need to refresh the page or come out and go back in again.

Thanks for the Maplin link. It's one of those things that seems invaluable but I wonder where I would use it.....

Lots of things spring to mind, but you can bet your bottom dollar if you had one, the self same things would never occur again...

• RMweb Premium

Dom, I rather like that one! Did you see the Battle of Britain loco unveiled at York last week?

Not yet, but I did just find out it's 91110, is it not?

Edited to say, I now found a couple of images of her. Looking great indeed!

Edited by 1216 025