The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Even though it is warm my hands are not 100%. Not sure what I can do about it but to try and exercise them.

Not painful but just plain wierd.

Goodnight all!

Baz

Too much pressing buttons and twisting control knobs I’d say.

You’ll have to refrain from such activities for a considerable length of time.

• Like 4
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Outback they need to be proper enough to stop buffs, camels, emus and roos....

Yeah, with all that chrome, I'm sure that overblown ute sees a lot of dirt roads with buffalo, camels and emus, (oh my)! The front-end clearance looks like it would 'trip' over an average rut or pothole. Are there sand bags in the back to make sure the rear wheels actually touch the ground?

A friend of the family equipped a 1970s Toyota Landcruiser "ute" (at that point a Land Rover clone) for circumnavigating the continent. Customizations included a big steel water tank right behind the cab; a chainlink enclosure above the tray with a roof and very serious bull bars, naturally with a winch and steel cable. And yes, she (and I do mean she) made it - counter clockwise from Brisbane with a long stay in Perth.

Heavy duty plastic roo bars were all the rage on early Subaru wagons. So much so that the wagons became marketed as the "outback" model and still are today.

• Like 16
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Yeah, with all that chrome, I'm sure that overblown ute sees a lot of dirt roads with buffalo, camels and emus, (oh my)! The front-end clearance looks like it would 'trip' over an average rut or pothole. Are there sand bags in the back to make sure the rear wheels actually touch the ground?

My ute has 100mm ground clearance,  I scrape it on the end of my driveway never mind potholes.  It's not a country ute so it doesn't have a bar but it doesn't go out after dark following a near miss with a wombat down the road a while back.

I've seen plenty like the above one at ute musters and B&S balls out west though, they seem able to take  them to places car manufacturers have convinced everyone else  they need a fancypants  SUV  to get to.

• Like 15