The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hi DD

I subscribed - it sent me an e-mail with a click to subscribe line, it then wanted more personal details. I've given that bit a miss, but it does look as if it is working ok.

I used an e-mail address that I use for this type of thing so if I'm battered with spam it won't matter too much. I'll let you now if it does get intrusive in any way.

Edit: Ooo - I'm the first to post on our 100th page. Does that make us centurians?

Afternoon all! Happy century! I wonder how long it took to post the first hundred pages of gibberish... sorry, enlightened conversation... on the last version?

Over in Glasgow with the littl'un just now. Rather icy and snowy. Took double normal journey time on the M8 too...

Thanks for that, BoD.

Shall I leave you on it or delete it?

All I will be doing is sending e-mails re. any further works.

I can't see why personal details would be necessary and I never fill in that sort of thing myself.

It wouldn't let me join so it must be an exclusive sort of website i have.

GOOD MORNING everybody.

Had a very quiet weekend.

Went to bed at 9:00 as usual on Thursday night. Heard nothing over night.

Thabo did not come on Saturday but pitched up with his Friend Happy on Sunday.

His trainset is still running perfectly and is in full operation over the holidays. His Mom says she can't move in the house for kids flocking around. The Farish loco I gave him originally fell apart. I don't know why and I haven't been unable to reassenmble it.

The little green tank loco has also ceased to operate. I have taken it apart, cleaned and reassembled it. It buzzez like crazy but refuses to move. I got him a replacement entry level Bachman(USA) diesel. His other 4 locos are all running.

Yesterday started out overcast and slightly drizzley but cleared later (Those who watched the cricket yesterday will have seen.)

Took Kath to the Forrester's Arms for lunch yesterday. Once again it was delightfull sitting out under the trees with good food and good service in delightful surroundings. Since I was driving I could only have 2 glasses of wine :(

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quite cold at -6?° outside. There might have been some additional snow over night, but I really cannot tell yet. Supposed to remain cold for the rest of this week, too.

Girlfriend's feeling better, too, so we may hit the city together later on! ;)

Morning All,

Fingers crossed for all of you that are going back to work today that it goes well. I am lucky enough to have another three days of leave to use up - so I won't be back in the office until Thursday.

We have still got a winter wonderland here. After the heavy snow yesterday morning (which made for some very interesting driving - thank goodness for winter tyres!) the temperature has now dropped to around -3?°C. Not as cold as originally forecast, but still cold enough.

Have a good day everyone! :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. It was -5?°C when I went out to scrape the Clio screen and windows. It had risen to -3?°C by the time I finished.

Today shouldn't be too hectic. I may even try and watch the cricket for a while.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning again.

I'm back home.

School drive, pathways and buidings blocked by snow. Can't risk litigation now can we.rolleyes.gif

No heating - the diesel generators couldn't cope with the low temperatures.

I knew there would be good news if I waited long enough.

Have never really given thought to the bird population DD, sad really, although they must have some built in mechanisms to cope otherwise they would be programmed to fly south for the winter.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Heck of a frost outside but I haven't ventured out yet to see what it feels like temperature wise. Working from home today so perhaps I'll just look at it through the glass.

Cheers

Dave