The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I bet you have a LG Direct Drive..........

Ask me how I know that.........

best, Pete.

How do you know that....?

Well, you did say to ask.... :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I now have an appointment at Halfords this evening. Someone in East Ham has stolen the number plates off Aditi's car. The police said she can drive to a garage to have them replaced. They have given her a crime number which I suspect we will need to learn off by heart as every unpaid petrol fill up and congestion charge turns up here.

• RMweb Gold

I now have an appointment at Halfords this evening. Someone in East Ham has stolen the number plates off Aditi's car. The police said she can drive to a garage to have them replaced. They have given her a crime number which I suspect we will need to learn off by heart as every unpaid petrol fill up and congestion charge turns up here.

I wonder if she may be stopped a few times too, just to check that it is her.

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if she may be stopped a few times too, just to check that it is her.

Apparently it is likely. I have warned her not to be surprised if she gets stopped. There are big signs warning people about ANPR cameras on the A13. The Met Police (Aditi was very impressed by their telephone response and advice) said keep the crime number and quote it if necessary.

Tony

Mrs S had her plates stolen a while back Tony. If you get replacements either get security screws fitted or get the type of plates that shatter. Quite a common occurrence according to the Police. They will probably use her plates for bilking. Filling up at a garage and then driving off without paying. Jackie's plates were found about 10 days later.

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Halfords used the security screws. What is annoying is that Aditi has a reserved spot in the secure car park. She came back after visiting another site and found a colleague had parked there assuming Aditi wasn't returning. Unfortunately the new security man didn't seem to be able to find an alternative spot and she had to park offsite.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

Just back from a funeral and wake 'down the M4'  (in fact the wake was within a mile of the western end of Chopping Sodbury Tunnel if you are interested - thought not!).  Anyway not too bad an occasion all things considered but a distinct sign of tempus fugit with only two former railwaymen present which is not at all my past experience at railway funerals although I think maybe a sign of the future.

Very cold out there and none too warmer here.  And that's about it, now to look around the site and see what's going on.

Hope you're having a nice day

Mike,

We found it very sad that my father in law attended all his friends funerals, but none of them attended his!

At the rate acquanitances of mine are dropping, I'm going to have to get an overcoat, as I'm getting a bit too senior to stand there in just a suit like I did in the olden days.

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Today's Lenz LS150 installation was aborted due to help being required on reptile housing setup duty. I have aquired a large piece of wood and a pack of screws so tomorrow should be worth a picture.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, 

Yesterday's attempt to remove limescale from the bathroom tap and help it flow better seems to have backfired.

Went into the bathroom late last night and there was a pool of water on the floor. I shall refer my honourable friends to previous posts about my plumbing ability.  

Genuinely I believe this to be more in the line of general house cleaning.  Clearly I was mistaken! 

Somewhat busy day ahead. Conference call and the weekly shopping this morning, followed by the school's Easter service at lunchtime. The teachers say we can "take the children home with us" thereafter. In laws arrive tomorrow for the holiday. So, everything that needs doing has to be crammed in to the morning. I guess that's why I woke up at 04:00 with a lot  on my mind. 

Have a nice day everyone, Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

I'm here - managed to log in at last!

Dry start to the day & 1oC  - there may be some sunshine today!! (I'm not holding my breath)

Nothing special planned today but having to wait in for 2 packages to be delivered. (Non rail related so not particularly exciting)

Off to make some coffee,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

watching the snow fall, lemon and ginger loaf in breadmaker, a bit of painting and lettering to do today so now chilling out following a hectic night umpiring indoor cricket ( avoiding the ball is, sometimes, very stressful ad an umpire)

Have a safe, pleasant and healthy day

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Still grey and miserable.

Tony sorry to hear of Aditi's problems. It might be useful for Aditi to keep a diary of where she is for the next week or so. These number plate readers could flag up a few charges. Congestion Charge, illegal parking and even worse a hit and run. Being able to state were you were is much better than a vague I have been nowhere near the site of an incident.

Don

• Like 3