The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

"I must keep an eye out for the buzzard that likes to sit on the hedge and refuses to fly off when you stop the car for a closer look"

Me too! There is a very pale version that acts in a similar way - perhaps it's had a shock.

I think all the gender nonsense is for folk who have nothing better to occupy themselves.

Most women I know are able to look after their own interests without male assistance.

I'm not rocking the boat while we have Debs, Ashers and Polly to make the tea.

Ooohhh! I'm very good at making the tea.  Well, putting the kettle on, anyway. :mosking:

Model railways?  We'll have to see, but no doubt I will draw on the expertise of others. :senile:

Thanking you all in advance..... :thankyou:

Polly  :spruceup:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to hear of your problems Stewart. I know there have been a lot of false claims for Whiplash but for those where its genuine it can be painful and quite a problem. May I suggest that you keep a log of the whiplash it helps to be able to quantify how severe and often someone is suffering.

Don

Thanks for the advice Don - we have been affected here, and have no intention of going for more than what we actually deserve - we spent a lot of time deliberating as to whether to go ahead, as to my mind, the compensation culture is not my cup of tea - I'm old enough to be of the "grin and bear it" generation - but 30747 is in pain, and I am not prepared to see her suffer for the inattention of a careless driver.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

calculated that, as the car would be a Cat C write-off..then the admin charges alone to put it back on the road would amount to some £120-£150!

Mine would have been a Cat D write off, which is, I believe, very marginal indeed.  The problem in my case is that the car I have is VERY low mileage for its age, and it is in very good condition - hence I want to keep it, as I have a FSH for it, and when I bought it (2nd owner) my local garage scoured the Ford vehicles  available, and the boss test drove it in lots of conditions, including the M6, so we know that it's a good'un - hence I'm pleased to be getting it mended

• RMweb Gold

is it true that if you fix up a right off you cant insure it fully comp?

I believe that is correct. A friend was in this situation 3 or 4 years ago and I think all they could get was third party only.

Bob

• RMweb Gold

I believe that is correct. A friend was in this situation 3 or 4 years ago and I think all they could get was third party only.

Bob

Some insurance companies. From Telegraph last year.

My previous car had a rear end shunt. It was taken to a local garage. Initially work was authorised then insurers claimed a mistake had been made and it was not economical to repair even though work had been started. The sum involved was about £25 more than the value. The garage negotiated and the car was not written off. 

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

We may have to drop the 'risers' part of our name.

You may recall that I was recently presented with a large gas bill based on a much overestimated meter reading. I supplied the correct reading and the bill was reduced considerably. I was impressed by the efficient customer service.

Today I recieved a letter informing that I was overdue a meter safety check and they are coming out next week to inspect the gas meter. All for my own peace of mind of course.

More like a piece of your bank account I would suspect.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

More like a piece of your bank account I would suspect.

It may be purely coincidence, the 'safety' visit only a week after the bill issue. To be honest though, I'd rather they just said, look there's a discrepancy between your reading and our estimate so we'd like to come out and read the meter and check that you haven't been up to anything untoward. I'd have respected them more for it.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 2

Also 30747 has been diagnosed with classic symptoms of whiplash, so it appears that these ambulance chasers are going to get some business.

Rant over,

Regards to All

Stewart

Sorry to hear about your accident Stewart, I've just caught up with your postings. Let me know if you want a lift anywhere. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It may be purely coincidence, the 'safety' visit only a week after the bill issue. To be honest though, I'd rather they just said, look there's a discrepancy between your reading and our estimate so we'd like to come out and read the meter and check that you haven't been up to anything untoward. I'd have respected them more for it.

Many years ago we were scheduled to have a "safety visit". The meter reader came in and read the meter and started to leave. I said I wanted the "safety" checked as the electricity supplier had insisted. He seemed quite embarrassed really.

Tony 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I hope this 'safety check' involves the use of a torch rather than a lighted match.

Just in case.

I suspect it will just be a quick look to see if you have disturbed any of the seals on the supply side fuse or the meter.

• Like 3

A busy day draws to a close. A day in which I've been to my usual exercise dance class; had lunch with the Red Hat Ladies; attended the TOADS (theatre) Social Club and been to a rearranged Choir Practice.

I've also prepared items, including my outfit,  for a display we're helping with at a trade exhibition at The English Riviera Centre (sounds grand but it's actually a hideous 70's concrete bunker!) tomorrow, to promote what Torbay has to offer.We shall be promoting our award winning local theatre company.

It sounds as if I've missed some excitement on here. As to the role of we girls - I've been known to make a rather good cup of  tea, especially first thing in the morning.

Early start tomorrow - have to be out by 7.30am!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I take it, given the title of this thread, that some of you work shifts.........?

Fortunately I'm pleased to say that it's nearly 40 years since I overslept for a night turn.  Mind you I'm never sure which was better - occasional shift work or regular days with a near certain guarantee of spending at least 12 hours away from home just about every working day, I think that was called 'progress'.

• Like 2

Morning all,  Up early again, because  I can.......However some kind person has arranged an early meeting at HO (because he lives close!) so have to be on the road before 7! Not much else to report from here, 

Try to behave today.....

Trev

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All,

Dry, overcast & 1oC - forecast is mainly cloudy.

Today's tasks will be of the domestic variety culminating in a visit to Sainsbury's - I can't contain my excitement!  :rolleyes:

Alistair - I've been retired for 9 years but thankfully never had to work shifts. I always used to start early & still get up at 5.30 to take SWMBO to work however it is not unknown for me to creep back to bed for an hour or two  on occasions.

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

There's a light covering of snow here this morning. What's more concerning though is it looks as if the skies have cleared and it has frozen solid. Take care, whether it's snow, ice or heat you suffering today.

• Like 1