The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

"Looks like the car still needs de-icing so not as tropical"

It's that Navigator again. About time he got a written warning.

Don: That was quick! Hopefully it's in wires of one syllable so that my little brain can cope.

Much appreciation for the help.

Progress so far:

Boards primed.

Timber purchased for underframing.

Track plan now includes scribble concerning scenic dressing.

More brain work undertaken as regards contours.

I'm also trying to fit the track pieces on hand into the plan so that I can buy the missing bits.

Stupidly, I forgot for a time that putting a turn-out into a circle requires compensation on the opposite side.

Morning all!

Full set of okta-puses in Leith. Woke up 15 minutes before the alarm. Don't you just hate that? ;)

I was looking back (following a question Dominik asked me by PM) at my workbench and layout threads on the previous version of the forum. Unfortunately I can't use the tool to bring them across to the new site as I'm a Mac user with Safari...

I've got to cross a picket line to get into work this morning. I'm not a union member so no doubt I'll be encouraged to join as I enter the building.

"Woke up 15 minutes before the alarm. Don't you just hate that?"

No. That's my ideal! I'm awake but can continue to snuggle until the alarm goes off. It goes off 5 minutes before actual getting up time, so I could continue to snuggle until the clock chimes, but usually get up and start the day without that bleary eyed "Am I awake?" feeling.

Good luck past the picket!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one out but I haven't ventured there yet, looks cold. First phone conference of the day about to kick off talking to a customer in Japan. These cutomers are a nuisance as they interrupt your modelling time!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny but cold here (but not frosty) this morning. I thought it would be a waiting in day but City Link delivered the new shredder at breakfast time. Our old shredder turned itself into a waste bin at the weekend when the gears stripped but as it only cost £9.99 years ago I'm not too upset. We'll be having another shredding security frenzy soon I suspect. Checking the latest credit card bill identified some items we didn't recognise apparently purchased on a card that had just expired after we had started using the new one with a different number.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

My wife is back home from work early having fallen down a flight of stairs at work. She has bruised elbows and knees and a cut lip but is otherwise OK. Fortunately a colleague was at the bottom of the stairs and apparently broke the fall which was quite a shock for her as well. We are now working through the frozen fruit and veg packs as cold compresses. I know from falling off motorbikes these things usually hurt more the following day.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Ouch, Tony - hope she will be better soon! When I was a kid I once slipped on the stairs to the cellar and slid down them flat on my back, which was not pleasant. Apart from some bruises I did not get hurt, though.

• RMweb Gold

Somehow my wife seems to have launched herself head first, face down. The colleague she landed on had suggested taking the stairs not the lift as the healthy option!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Tea, cake (internally) and Ibuprofen (externally) seem to be the preferred treatment. She wasn't rescued by a nice young man this time as the college had to find a female first aider. I think I'd better sort out her cycle helmet and gardening knee-pads before she returns to work.

Matthew and I are off to Swansea tomorrow for a university visit. They will make him an offer after the visit. He has never been to Wales so hopefully it will at least be a pleasant day out. We are going by train which should be more fun (and cheaper) than driving.

Tea, cake (internally) and Ibuprofen (externally) seem to be the preferred treatment. She wasn't rescued by a nice young man this time as the college had to find a female first aider. I think I'd better sort out her cycle helmet and gardening knee-pads before she returns to work.

If you do try to hand those to her, make sure you've looked out the cricket box for yourself first...! :lol:

Hope she's feeling better tomorrow.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not going into the loft to look for the cricket equipment at the moment. I fell out of the loft some years ago and I don't want to add to the injury list at the moment. My wife was going to drop us off at the station tomorrow but I think I'll drive and park at the station. There should still be some space at 6.30. I'm probably allowing too much time for the crossing of London to Paddington but as the tickets to Swansea are for a specific train I don't want to be late. Matthew was watching an episode of "Gavin & Stacey" over the weekend. Apparently this was research for his trip to Swansea.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Carry a daffodil and a leek then you won't stand out in the crowd.

I was going to suggest taking a sheep too, but we aren't allowed to say that.

Sorry to hear about your wife's fall, Tony. She was lucky nothing got broken. Hopefully the bruising will go down in a few days.

Swansea Uni was one of the places we visited with our daughter Katy a few years back. It seemed a nice place but Katy wanted something a little more lively, so went to Cardiff instead......and I thought you chose a Uni based on academic achievement....rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Gold

Friends who have been to Swansea University praised the beach location. Matthew wants to study Human Geography though rather than beaches.

I didn't select the "need to to be near a lavatory" option on the ticket booking website so hopefully leeks won't be a problem. Matthew isn't having an interview but coincidentally one of the speakers at the politics conference he went to yesterday was from Plaid Cymru so he could have been up to speed about the issues of the day in Wales (apparently the unfairness of the 2012 London Olympics being based in London)

Tony

Good morning all.

Tony, you are living in interesting times!

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

I hope the train trip to Swansea is fun.

My premier class train ticket is endorsed "Aged (Elderly passenger traveling). Near Diner"

"Matthew wants to study Human Geography though rather than beaches." I would think a beach would be the ideal place to study 'human geography' B)

Morning All,

It is another nice morning here - but there is a bitter wind blowing. In fact, it has been blowing since last night when I went out for a bike ride and somewhat underestimated the strength of the wind on the way back! Still, I was treated to a lovely sun rise on my way to work.

Tony, sorry to hear about your Wife's fall. Hope she isn't feeling too battered today - but it sounds like she was lucky. Good luck with the trip to Wales.

"Matthew wants to study Human Geography though rather than beaches." I would think a beach would be the ideal place to study 'human geography'

I never got on as well with Human Geography. The subject matter was a bit too subjective and open to interpretation for me. I was more into Physical Geography.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Up now after a series of strange dreams. Cold outside, too, so I'll now fix some cocoa, as usual :) . I'll begin with obtaining new personal documents today - and I think I will, in fact, make a report to the police later this week, so that if they should, in fact, find somebody who may have stolen my purse that person would have to compensate me for having to get new documents - which of course is not free of charge.

Have a good day!

Emma is a frequent companion on shopping trips, Don.

Most men will know the frustrations involved.

After 20 mins looking at some exclusive item of wearing apparel in a fashion shop an opinion is sought.

"Do you like the colour?"

"Very nice, dear"

"Pity they only have it in a size 8 and I'm a 12 "

"Perhaps look at the size first, dear"

"You don't understand"

Too right I don't.