The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Both Saturday and Sunday peaked around 36C. Saturday was somewhat windy which cooled things down a bit but yesterday was windless. Had to keep doors and windows closed to keep the hot air out.

Today and tomorrow are forecast clear and hot.

Happy Monday all.

Morning All,

The day has yet to dawn - but it would appear that the wind has now dropped quite significantly.

Looks like I have got rather a busy day ahead of me. Oh well - better than sitting around doing nothing!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Morning All,

First early start for a week (on deliveries, that is!) Had to drop a layout at 7:30 off en route to work yesterday.

No oktas, just a big bright blob in the West (the Moon!) and dizzy heights of 2C!

BTW, where have post notifications gone? My inbox seems very empty since the transatlantic transfer!

Sorry, Martin - missed your congestion post last night.

I suppose any explanation is better than an unexplained row of traffic cones.

More snow by the weekend I see.

Rough weather elsewhere.

Seems like Mother Nature is getting a bit of payback at the moment.

• RMweb Premium
BTW, where have post notifications gone? My inbox seems very empty since the transatlantic transfer!

Hi John,

It's a known issue, Jim and Andy are conferring -- see the pink banner at the top of this and every page.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Not an okta in sight but distinctly parky out. To go or not to go (into the office) is the question. I think it will depend on whether I can actually get a diary slot to talk to the folks I need to talk to otherwise it could be a working at home day. Bit of Tai Chi this evening for a change. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning

A strange big yellow thing has appeared in the sky hereabouts this morning. Not an okta in sight, and temperature is in positive figures. Just as well, as I had to drive this morning - it's still very awkward, but should hopefully improve - at least that's the plan. Mrs 45156 got to work on time, and I got home in one piece. I think I'll take the bus this afternoon to physio, as I still lack confidence that I will be able to cope with anything unexpected on the road.

Looks as if the UK just missed one of the worst Atlantic storms for some years - that makes a change, they normally appear to head straight for us.

Regards

Stewart

Thanks, Martin, I was too bleary-eyed to notice it earlier! And I'm usually the one telling people to read the screen! :icon_eek: :icon_redface:

• RMweb Premium
Thanks, Martin, I was too bleary-eyed to notice it earlier! And I'm usually the one telling people to read the screen! :icon_eek: :icon_redface:

Hi John,

Email notifications are now working again. :)

Martin.

Morning all,

Notifications back! (Thanks for the info, Martin!) And taken to the first unread post too; life is getting back to normal!

Not so normal, though, are the zero oktas outside with the thermometer suggesting that it's 0.0C out there; could be icy!

Happy Tuesday!

• RMweb Premium
I haven't had any yet! I'll go and reset "Watch this topic and see if that works".

Hi Don,

It was fixed at 04:00 GMT today. Not many posts since then. You don't get notifications of your own posts. :)

Martin.

Guest Max Stafford

I just realised this is the first time I've been on here for ages, I hope you're all well! Since yesterday, I've developed a rather stiff and uncomfortable lower back. It just came on about lunchtime yesterday without warning. I spent Friday and Saturday on my feet all day at Glasgow show, I suspect I've had a delayed action effect!

Ouch!

Dave.

Morning All,

There are a lot of Early Risers about this morning!

It looks like it is going to be quite a nice day here. It is already getting light and the sky appears clear. There was a light frost when I drove to work - which made a bit of a change. There haven't been too many of those cold, crisp mornings due to all the snow this year.

I have got another two day workshop to look forward to - still, managed to do some layout doodling yesterday!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Morning all cold and crisp -2 at present fortunately there is some light as the breaker tripped as I put the lights on downstairs.

Must be the week for it Mick - my central heating boiler has developed an annoying buzz!

That sounds like a solenoid on its way out, if it is a combi boiler that could be expensive Robert. speaking only as a consumer not an expert boiler fitter.

Fortunately, it isn't - it is actually a loose baffle in the heat exchanger.

To be honest, the boiler is living on borrowed time - it was installed in 1984, and it maybe time to think about a new one!

"it was installed in 1984, and it maybe time to think about a new one!"

Possibly.

We have some weird scrappage scheme in the UK - don't know if it's operational yet.

Don't think it extends to Mainz.