The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Well, we've had a smidgeon of the white stuff so far - but the Exeter seaweed readers got it a bit wrong - they were showing sleet at 12 (cloudy bright), snow at 3 (right) then snow at 6 (right) but then changed the forecast to rain at 3 and 6 while it was snowing!  Seems to have stopped now, but Lily was a first time snow puppy, and was sniffing it, kicking it, and trying to catch the snowflakes. 

• RMweb Gold

2cm of snow forecast overnight for here. I think my car should be able to cope with that. Aditi will be going to work by train tomorrow and will need a lift down to the station. 

My car has a knob that you turn to match the weather / road conditions. The snowy setting has been required before but I've never needed to turn it to what looks like a cactus on a sand dune setting.

• Like 3

I've driven through increasing amounts of the white stuff as I headed north this afternevening.  There was a covering and big flakes coming down in Lauder, but by the time I got to the top of Soutra, it was all clear and just damp, which is how it is in Edinburgh.

• RMweb Gold

Beautiful morning for a walk, partway along the cycle path the river yar was taking a shortcut across the path into the ditch and avoid the bridge just like Debs collie's. Monty our collie x has rather short legs but used to enjoy chaising Sandy a slim Lurcher despite his short legs he would do better than most  but if he caught up she always had another gear so he would work out the angles for a short cut. He now suffers from arthritis having rather over done it.

Don

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure what we are expecting - each time I look at a forecast it changes.

Same here - best to look out the window and see what's happening - latest here was for heavy snow at 6 - I'd say it was snow, but not of the really heavy variety

• RMweb Gold

Until he was about 5 Robbie would play chase with any willing dog but can't be bothered now. Sometimes another dog will do something to make him play and he is still capable of a high speed run. He was persuaded to play by a friendly greyhound. They had a nice game until she started nipping his backend. I'm sure he deliberately ran her into a tree trunk by changing direction at the very last moment. Sometimes I think I should have called him Muttley.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks all for your earlier advice, Mike and Polly and SWMBO in particular. 

Funny how after weeks of mulling a plan over a relatively simple solution pops in to one's mind. 

Think I've got a way forward with only a minor widening of the baseboard ends needed....and a renewed interest in the layout. :)

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I know its late but the weather people may have just about got it right for a change as we are having a smidgeon of snow at the moment in Leeds - traffic chaos looms in teh morning as it may have just about cover the road - so, for me its a day to stay in and do some modelling!

• RMweb Gold

Gruffalo

you are thinking of Sunrises this is a sun set . From the roof light in Apse Heath  south is St martins Down so this is looking across the ends of Appuldurcham and St Catherines Down. By Summer the sunset will have moved round to be over Arreton Down. Where  were you in those days? 

Don

Morning All,

No sign of any snow here - but the temperature is down to a rather chilly -3°C.  There is also rather a bitter wind.

Oh well, lots to do today so I think it's time for a coffee before I get started.

Have a good day everybody!

Might have melted by then, Mick!

Morning all!

Local weather out here....

Dense Fog Advisory then Am Showers followed by more Showers later tonight. Breezy.

High: 13C. Low 1C

Sunrise: 7:20am. Sunset: 4:54pm

Have good day - make the best of it whatever the conditions...

Off to bed (after last fag).

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic