The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sorry to hear you didn't get the promotion, Ds. I should hear today or tomorrow if I'm getting one - went for an interview on Monday. Four of us up for the job, including a friend of mine.

Well, wasn't today. Maybe tomorrow. Oh gosh, I'm talking to myself. First sign of madness...

Morning All,

It is a cool, damp morning here - but nowhere near freezing.

Got a letter from the divorce court last night, with a date to appear. Makes it all seem very real again and very final. :icon_e_sad:

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Sorry to hear that Robert.

How's Thomas' favourite car, the mini?

Thanks Don.

The Mini is a little sick at the moment - I have the rear suspension in bits because it needs a new radius arm bearing. It was a problem which I knew about when I bought the car though - so not a nasty surprise! With any luck, I'll have it back on the road before the Spring comes!

Now you see it, now you don't.

Went to check on the turbulent waters of Forum Help and the thread had gone, Don.

Unless you know differently and my eyesight is going.

If I get some time today I will be cutting ply wood.

Not my favourite job.

I always manage to get a splinter.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

We actually had a brief thunderstorm up here last night - lasted only for a few minutes, though. Looking at the calendar it was, however, odd somehow, though unsurprising on the other hand when you consider that the maximum temperature yesterday was about 13°.

Will have an appointment at my university's career counselling office later today to talk about a variety of options on how I might proceed after my degree.

Later :) .

Now you see it, now you don't.

Went to check on the turbulent waters of Forum Help and the thread had gone, Don.

Unless you know differently and my eyesight is going.

It was temporarily moved to the admin area but is now back.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

been missing in action for a while due to lifes ups and downs.

Not been up early enough recently and when I am up I keep forgetting to stop by.

An early start for me today as I have a friend coming round that I haven't seen for ages.

It will be nice to catch up and spend sometime together.

Had a little more snow which is a pain as I would like it to warm up at some point so I can use less gas on the old heating.

Have a good day all and don't work too hard for those of us that work

cheers

Simon

I'm staying put.

Too dangerous out there.

I've made two posts outside ERs and both have attracted the attention of our hosts.

To be fair, I'm reluctant to get into the world of twittering, faceaches and blogging.

Just my luddite tendencies I expect.

As a result of my everyday activities on the Interweb, I'm winning an all expenses paid five star holiday every day, together with other kind offers from Chinese and Nigerian correspondents.

I don't want to broaden the circle of exposure to these thoughtful but unsolicited approaches.

I look forward to the pantheon of knowledge being available as before and being able to contribute in the unlikely event of having something useful to say.

In the meantime, I'll stick to spouting rubbish.

Morning all....smile.gif

Woke this morning to find we had uninvited guests last night. Some group of oiks thought it would be great fun to get into the adjacent golf course and throw eggs at the side of our house....mad.gif

Now off to get up a ladder and use the jet washer to clean up the mess....

A spokeman for the Unofficial P4 Brigade has denied all responsibility.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Signed off now to 8th March at the earliest - strange how something that happened so quick can result in such a slow recovery - GP said I was expecting too much and also my age and diabetes also went against a quick recovery - that said, he thinks I'm progressing well, and I tried driving the car round the block yesterday, which was partly successful.

Stuck in today as waiting for delivery from Amazon and also a phone call from a work based physio service whose main objective seems to be more getting me back to work ASAP than to make sure that I am actually fit to do so.

No snow here today, but a fair bit of cloud and rain is forecast - loks like Scotland got a caning last night again.

Regards

Stewart

Hi Srewart,

As regards driving I understand completely! I am normally a one armed driver, my left arm having been paralysed as a kid. Over the past few weeks I have developed a frozen shoulder in my right arm. Driving is now a real adventure. I drive a normal right hand drive, floor shift car!

Isn't amazing how a slight handicap can become a major debilitator.

Keep up the good progress and good luck.

• Like 1

I tried driving the car round the block yesterday, which was partly successful.

I'm worried about the "partly successful" Stewart! :blink: :D

Hope your recovery is full, better a full recovery than a fast (and incomplete) one. Good luck with the OH types...

Right, time to go to work... And remember, be careful out there.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all (I think it is Thursday!).

I've been playing with a mouse(as in computer not furry rodent) this morning. I ordered one from Amazon yesterday and it arrived this morning. It is for my netbook PC and is a Bluetooth device, but being Microsoft it came with clear instructions including pictures and now works nicely. With Twitter and Bluetooth I'm almost getting up to date! I don't see me having an iPhone though. Actually my wife wants me to sort her out a new phone and contract as she is now making lots of daytime calls so inclusive offpeak minutes are not much use. Apparently her criteria are that it should have a very long standby time, work elsewhere (tri band /quad band) and fit in her handbag.

The weather here in Essex is cloudy but getting brighter and warmer. 10 - 11 C is forecast for this afternoon.

Tony

Like Stewart, I broke my left arm. monday's trip to the hospital resulted in the fitting of a new brace and sling. the brace is a large plastic wrapping c. 1/4 in thick, around my upper arm. there are now some signs of calus - new bone growth, but the healing process is going to take longer than first expected. it might be another 4 months, or more. i was given the option of an operation, but i wasn't too keen.

my wife has been great, but there are times i want to do a bit more to help her.

• RMweb Premium

I'm worried about the "partly successful" Stewart! :blink: :D

Basically, I was able to control the car, and work the gears, and also to get the vehicle reversed - but I felt that if I had to do anything quickly, it would not be safe, so I'm going to continue exercising with the hope that my reach will get a bit better (it only needs a few more inches) as it's the move from steering wheel to gear lever which is the area of concern at the mo.

Don - frozen shoulder is a pig - I've had two, one was just recovering when I had my fall. For you, it could be a bit difficult if you're already only part mobile on the other side. Most of the exercises are based on having a "good" arm to assist the "bad" one. Sounds like you need to see a physio! Good luck and speedy recovery.

Stewart