The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I think I'll just skate over the puns.

Aren't doctor's waiting rooms boring once you've read the messages inviting you for a smear or chlamydia test or telling you about the missed appointment statistics that appear between the calls for 'So and so to room 7 please'.

• RMweb Gold

There are two GP practices sharing the building at the doctor's surgery I attend. One lot seem to favour calling out names from within the room but my GP and most of his partners seem to favour coming out to the waiting room and inviting you in by name which seems more pleasant.

Their notice boards contain lots of leaflets, I recognise some of the clip art from about 20 years ago!

I was always amused that for a number of years their surgery information leaflet seemed to be sponsored by the local funeral directors.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Our surgery is up-to-date. All of their missives/calls for patients appear as scrolling messages on a large LED display board. Someone has obviously been trained in its use because the messages scroll up and down as well as right to left.

<Spike Milligan voice> I think I've come down with a severe attack of the scrolls, doctor </Spike milloigan voice>

Bring back the bells with the little waving numbered tags is all I can say.

I don't even want to try to understand the new contract system that means doctors who have worked together for years now find it better (more financially attractive?) to work as seperate practices under the same roof.

I've just taken delivery of a sofa bed as we are being invaded by many foreign visitors tomorrow.

Smashed at one end.

The sofa, not the visitors.

It weighs over 14 stones so I've been getting a workout repairing the thing (following an appropriate discount of course).

• RMweb Gold

I've just taken delivery of a sofa bed as we are being invaded by many foreign visitors tomorrow.

Smashed at one end.

The sofa, not the visitors.

It weighs over 14 stones so I've been getting a workout repairing the thing (following an appropriate discount of course).

How many visitors can you get in this sofa bed? Glad you fixed it though, hope no-one puts their big futon it and breaks it.

Seems only one in four posters is joining in this pun fest; now that the fishes have been put to bed I guess it's time to rest and make a king sized effort to avoid divan retribution.

• RMweb Premium

Lest somebody sets his futon you? Makes sense.

Well, I wanted to chime in at least one more time before the forum goes offline for the transfer. Hope you all had a good day! Thankfully, I could tune out the carnival parade with some suitable music :D .

Some birthday present, Andy turning the forum off! :rolleyes: ;)

One of the springs in my couch gave way last week when I sat down. I don't weight that much, and it's only had 7 years of use. Clearly things aren't made the way they used to be... Could Ddolfelin come and repair mine please once his sofa bed is complete? :D

• RMweb Gold
Some birthday present, Andy turning the forum off!

I hope the patient comes through the operation ok. Just in case it doesn't though ...... it's been nice knowing you guys.

• RMweb Premium

Just watching a documentary about the ferry Nils Holgersson on the Baltic Sea. Just why do they always pipe in classical (or at least classical style) music when dealing with something related to technology? :lol:

I wanted to work in the quote 'so long and thanks for all the fish' but I am sure the forum will return bigger and better someday soon.

Are you dolphin or mouse?

See you 'on the other side'! (hopefully!)

• RMweb Gold

I've been cooking risotto tonight. We weren't planning to have it but Matthew doesn't really like it (although he will eat it)and he phoned to say he wouldn't be back for dinner so we decided we would do something we liked that he didn't. When I was driving down to the park I saw Matthew walking back to his friend's house holding what looked like a very large packet of fish and chips so I thought even if he wasn't going to be home for dinner he had at least eaten. However since then he has phoned to say he has had pizza as well. He has been at his friend's house since 10 this morning playing Warhammer. My narrow gauge railway (the one in the dining room) was covered in Orks this morning as he was assembling models until quite late last night. He has been working really hard revising so I'm pleased he can do something other than college work.

Tony