The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

as opposed to the replacement a president that knew even less? This is the marvel of democracy you can choose which idiot or con artist or idealistic fool get to win. We cannot choose the candidates we might pick one with some sense!

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
......funny, but only until one remembers that he was Vice President of the World`s most powerful nation! :O

"Things are more like they are today than they have ever been before." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the USA from 1953 until 1961.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

"Ruston-Zephyrus" :toclue:

Not familiar with that particular loco - presumably Bucyrus is a cousin? - but Electro-Motive Corporation and Budd built Burlington Route #9905 "Zephyrus" in 11/1936. This was one of those primeval shovel-nose thingies, clad in stainless steel, which rapidly fell from favour when more versatile locos with better performance came on stream after the war.
  • Like 1

Not familiar with that particular loco - presumably Bucyrus is a cousin? - but Electro-Motive Corporation and Budd built Burlington Route #9905 "Zephyrus" in 11/1936. This was one of those primeval shovel-nose thingies, clad in stainless steel, which rapidly fell from favour when more versatile locos with better performance came on stream after the war.

....`sounds smashing: `off to find a picture. :good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To defeat the crazy censor, select one letter in the middle of the word and change its colour to, er, black: ###### voyeur

Heavens, what have I let loose on ER? smile.gif

I've been trying to convince people that I can post what I like due to purity of mind and innocence and now you reveal that I too just know how to confuse the censor!

I can see a possibility of cauli flowers for Algernon,

or maybe brocolli florets for Algernon, but Sprouts?

It's going to be a hot day today.

Roast pork for lunch with apple sauce (rationed - more of a thought than a garnish)

Morning All,

Cold with loadsa snow, but roads are clear....

... due to purity of mind and innocence....

How dare you, sir, how dare you? Come on to ER and without thinking about others, give us all a good reputation.

Do you know, sir, how long it has taken to build up our reputation of being alcohol fueled, socially maladjusted, eccentric, badly dressed, pongy, knapsack toting, rivet counting, arcana pursuing, single-minded, unlovable, train fanatics?

All that hard work, sir, down the drain, down the drain! Thanks to your unthinking carelessness, the public will start to think that we are normal.... Like them.

You might as well have revealed the secrets of the EM Codex or the secret passwords and grip of the "S Scale Inner Temple"!

The damage will be incalculable! Do you know how much "getting-in-the-way-of-modelling" stuff we will now be forced to do, when the public see us as being like them? Putting up shelves, doing the shopping, helping around the house, washing up, being nice to the in-laws... Burning down Hornby, Bachmann, Dapol, etc. would have done less damage, than un-besmirching our reputation.

"purity of mind and innocence". Pah!

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 10

Packing marathon today and lots more items finishing.

Thankfully, SWMBO does the Festive packing.

In fact, whenever she returns from shopping, there are long rolls of festive paper which need another trek to the car to collect.

Don: Harry and his sister are coming to feed here on the 28th.

I will make a decision on how near he is to being able to appreciate a layout.

His sister appears to be recovering from her operation but the path lab results are not back yet.

A minor concern is that the Raffle season is upon us.

For the first time I may have to buy some raffle wine as I only have good stuff left.

... unless I get some early Presents.

Good Sunday Morning all, By the heck, There seems to be a lot of edumackcated people on here.....! Anyway Don, why do they ration the apple sauce? Cant be because of shortage, 'cause all the apples here seem to come from S.A.

Talking of sprouts, I did buy some tinned (canned) ones.............................

Enjoy the day,

Trev

SWMBO makes delightful roasted parsnip crisp type things (intentionally).

In fact, lots of the vegetable foods I enjoy are transformed by various wiles.

I do wonder (but not often) if the healthy content is lost during the processes used.

For those that like long words: mile.

(longer words may be available).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Snowing up here too, Robert – how's the situation around Mainz and Wiesbaden, by the way? They're still saying it might get rather ugly later today, so I do wonder whether it might make any sense to be sweeping the pavement.

• RMweb Gold

A minor concern is that the Raffle season is upon us.

For the first time I may have to buy some raffle wine as I only have good stuff left.

... unless I get some early Presents.

........or win some raffles.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be able to see the pavement here yet, even if we had one.

Strange consequences in connection with clearing snow.

In the UK, if one clears it and someone slips on the 'cleared' bit, liability may ensue.

I understand that, in other Countries, there is a requirement for it to be cleared.

Not that we have any yet.