The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Absolute deluge again yesterday which stopped just short of being critical.

Our deluge was through the kitchen ceiling but thats fixed now (I hope!) Oustide it was Blue sky and ..... freezing!

Michael Portillo was on the telly which accounted for an hour of my time, taking Mrs Stationmaster to the Doctor then the chemist, then Waitrose, then the chemist, then the chippy, then eating some delectable cod & chips accounted for something over 2 hours so maybe others have also been engaged in shopping and eating and watching the 'box or reading the 'paper. But probably no golf today if the weather has been anything like our cold start and soggy finish.

Ah, just a thought - maybe some folk have been doing a bit of railway modelling :O

Didn't know you were a golfer too, Mike. Where do you play?

Morning all... :)

• RMweb Premium

Clear sky here after overnight rain.

Is it just me or at 7:45-ish shouldn't the sun be more obvious than the moon?

Think of it this way, just 2 weeks till the days start to get longer.

Lunch today, by way of a "thank you" with an old and valued client who has just retired.

Notice that one of the baseboard tops I nailed down yesterday has a bulge in it. I sort of expected that fixing a rectangular piece of wood to a rectangular carcass would have better results. You could go off a hobby!

Pain subsided here and I have to say that although £450 is a lot of money it was also a lot of care, skill and attention to detail, too. Limbering up for Tuesday's appointment.

Have a nice day everyone. Hope all is well with each of you.

Andy

Morning All,

Back from the dentist with bright shiny zoobies* Descaling and polishing bearably unpleasant as usual, but the dentist said all is well and the dental prothesis(implanted 15 years ago!) is still going strong!

Mrs iD off to do some "further education" stuff tomorrow, so will have a full day undisturbed modelling in the workshop - expect Oldbury Road progress pics by end of the weekend :yahoo:

Grey day and bitterly cold - all the more incentive to model!

Stay Frosty Guys

iD

* Anthony Burgess's NASDAT slang

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Miserable morning down here today, lots of surface water around after the overnight rain, including an interesting ford that my Ford had to wade through, one of those moments where you get part way across a "puddle" and realise it's a bit bigger than that ...

Hope all our Fridays are good ones, I am certainly looking forward to a weekend off, all our ills improve and all our various activities turn out ok.

Soon be Christmas.

• RMweb Premium

:nyam: No, but I did enjoy some moonshine! :mosking:

Which reminds me, I bought a bottle of Sake on the way home last night. Having tried acupuncture for the first time yesterday I thought I'd carry on the eastern theme. Technically it doesn't really resemble the small bottles of rocket fuel that I've had when over there. But nevertheless, "Kanpi!"

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

We've had some snow, but even before it was light I could hear water running down outside, so it's slushy already. Sun was out earlier, but it has now greyed over, sadly. Will wait a little longer before venturing out to see the horses.

Am supposed to be meeting friends in bar at Marolles, but will see how the morning goes.

Have a good day, everyone!

• RMweb Gold

"I bought a bottle of Sake on the way home last night"

What a strange thing to do.

I don't even like Rice Krispies.

Just shows what a varied lot we are.

Oh, for goodness sake.

• Like 3

Don't rice to the bait

Somebody fishing for puns around here?!

Yes, the play continues with audience nos rising as the week progresses. A rather subdued lot last night but obviously enjoyed the show in their own way. One minor character is too ill to perform so our vivacious director is revelling in the chance to take her place. Three more performances to go, with 90 beavers booked in for the Sat Mat! Told the cast in the bar last night that we must build in a reference to them at some point. Suggestions welcome!

Have a good day, all. Keep warm and well!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For flips sake, the moonshine has been replaced by sleet. Obviously while I was walking to school. Not festive snow, but dreary sleet.

As it's late afternoon already in Japan - and working on the principal that the sun is over the yardarm somewhere - I'm thinking of having a restorative tipple, just to thaw out the rice ice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

90 beavers? Sounds like the sort of promises to the young men who give their lives for their religion!

Chucking it down with rain when I went out, so slippery but not icy - and the road mainly clear of slush. +1.5 degrees helps. As I'm now indoors the rain has stopped, and there is a patch of blue sky approaching, but with deep, dark cloud beyond.

• Like 3

What is a beaver in this context?

Is it like a buffalo but smaller?

"Paddy will be telling you if he finds out!"

Yes, I don't want to get creamed.

Just put out about £6 worth of bird food.

Mostly seeds, barley and oats.

No chiff chaffs, wheatears or corn buntings but I expect the Sparrowhawk will be along.

He's a cereal killer.

• Like 6