The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Right, a cup of tea awaits. Just out of interest, does anyone love the smell of coffee but strongly dislikes the taste of it?

Not quite sure why i'm like that :huh:

Actually, I'm almost the same. I can drink coffee but I am always disappointed by the taste compared to the smell.

Watching 6 Nations just now, England really need to get their bums in gear and score some points!

Good morning all.

I had to read four pages back to catch up on what I missed over the weekend. All those puns!

Welcome to our new members.

Kind of high mist today. I can't call them clouds.

Promises to be a nice day.

Iv'e got a frozen shoulder. Makes one arm driving very hazardous! :unsure:

Enjoy your week off, Mick, Jam and Warren.

45 days till my holiday :D

Morning All,

Oh well - another Monday dawns. I wonder what this week will bring?

The weather seems to be pretty similar to yesterday - rather on the chilly side and with snow showers. It was snowing when I left home this morning, but seems to have stopped now.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Not sure if there may have been any additional snow over night, but it is cold anyway. Will need to have some photos taken some time this week.

Have a good day, and make sure you're not au la(i)t(e)! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

My wife's car wasn't put in the garage last night and ice needed scraping from the windscreen and other windows. The thermometer showed -4 when I first went out and -2 just now but it is sunny. My wife is hoping the journey to work will be quiet, the traffic is usually much lighter at half-term. I didn't get a list today which means I've got to search out all the tasks that are "obvious". I think a list is easier!

Tony

This ought to be a totally unnecessary post, but maybe like me you automatically skip past the blurb at the top of the page, but luckily I noticed it today because it says the forum will be down from 10pm tomorrow night for between 24 and 48 hours!!!!!

I'll need an extra dash of brandy in Wednesday's early morning coffee to see me through the withdrawel symptoms.

Morning all...smile.gif

Been reassembling my daughter's boyfriends laptop. She spilt a blackcurrant drink into the keyboard weeks ago and whilst it was still working, several keys were very sticky. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so took off the keyboard and much to their horror, dumped it into a bowl of warm soapy water. A quick scrub with a nail brush and once dry put it back together again. Off course it wouldn't work, so used the old excuse that it will take a while to dry properly.....icon_redface.gif

Thankfully 24 hours later, it's all working fine...so perhaps it wasn't an excuse after all. At least it made them think I knew what I was doing....biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Greyish sort of day and below freezing when I walked the dog this morning. Gordon it was the Beemer you were supposed to wash not the laptop! Remind me not lend you any delicate electronic equipment. Just as well laptop keyboards are usually use sealed switches. Some even have drainage channels so when (not if) you spill things on them they just drain naturally. Unfortunately of course 90% of the population don't know this and so the first thing they do after spilling someting is to turn the laptop upside down and shake it. Then again if it's a cheapo it won't have drainage channels or sealed switches and will just go phtt.

Cheers

Dave