The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I noticed Robert has been lighting churches. Our layout is set up in a nicely lit church hall but for its appearance at Warley apparently lighting will be necessary. It is probably best that I'm not on the lighting working group. I used to do the stage lighting at school but my job was to hold the ladder while other people did clever stuff.

I was up that ladder today - not really clever stuff though! Rather a lot of light bulbs needed replacing - we'll probably have to do some dusting now that there is so much light. The parishioners won't recognise the place tomorrow morning :icon_lol:

There may have been some lima beans in the sausage and bean casserole that we had for lunch.

Think we've all been in-Kibri-ated with this, Bemo-aning the Lenz-ghts to which we've Seep-ed!

• RMweb Premium

Think we've all been in-Kibri-ated with this, Bemo-aning the Lenz-ghts to which we've Seep-ed!

Ah, come on - those Vi trains really aren't any reason for moaning! I'd suggest we hit the Broadway to unwind. What ya think?

• RMweb Gold

I suspect if I replaced the energy saving lights at home it might be noticed that perhaps some painting (not just dusting) might be needed. Actually the lounge and dining room really do need painting but I just can't summon up the enthusiasm and I'm not going to pay someone to do it. The strange thing is once I start painting a room I quite like painting but it takes me forever to actually commence the job. Fortunately we are not fans of wallpaper so at least I have not got to repeat the horror of my first attempts at our previous house. Fitting a pattern with a diagonal repeat on to a somewhat trapezoidal wall that bulged put me (and Mrs S fortunately) off wallpaper for ever.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Don't Sundays feel like a much nicer day when you know you aren't going to work on Monday? Completely different.

(No need for you to reply to this Gordon)

Morning all,

Dry, about 7 light oktas and about 1.5C outside so looking encouraging for a good day!

Don't Sundays feel like a much nicer day when you know you aren't going to work on Monday? Completely different.

I wouldn't know - I'm off to 'work' shortly! (If you can call standing in an Aladin's cave of model railways and slot cars all day, talking to customers, relieving some of their cash 'work'!)

These puns are becoming a right pain in the Athearn. They are starting to drive me up the Wal-thers.

Along with Tony_S I had a good club day yesterday, or so I thought. Went in looking to secure the bits needed for a pair of modules for the club layout. Came away with the remit to build 4 modules including a corner. ohmy.gif I may yet get dragged into the lighting debacle. My first life included an arts degree in television and stage. Spent part of the first 2 years running around studios with a light meter around my neck.

With a bit of luck I'll get to spend most of today finishing off little bits of work in the shed.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, An awful lot of oktas in evidence. Deep joy, I seem to have developed a code in da node so finding it a little difficult to summon up the enthusiasm to go work on the trainset in the garage. Lots of things to do so better get moving as it's now less than a month to the first exhibition outing. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

yesterday i went over to Bath, and photographed bittern. Like 45146, i have a broken arm, just want i didn't want for new year.

enjoyed the rugby, but can't quite work out how scotland caved in, but having 2 men sin binned was not a great idea.

post-25-12661446163007_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just out of interest, does anyone love the smell of coffee but strongly dislikes the taste of it?

Not quite sure why i'm like that :huh:

My wife has always liked coffee but insisted one day in late 1991 that it tasted very nasty and metallic. It turned out that she was pregnant. She didn't drink coffee again until after Matthew was born.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

These puns are becoming a right pain in the Athearn. They are starting to drive me up the Wal-thers.

Along with Tony_S I had a good club day yesterday, or so I thought. Went in looking to secure the bits needed for a pair of modules for the club layout. Came away with the remit to build 4 modules including a corner. ohmy.gif I may yet get dragged into the lighting debacle. My first life included an arts degree in television and stage. Spent part of the first 2 years running around studios with a light meter around my neck.

With a bit of luck I'll get to spend most of today finishing off little bits of work in the shed.

Unlike Andrew I'm not building a corner of Canada but it was suggested that a stretch of the Ma & Pa would be very suitable for the branchline section.

Tony

"does anyone love the smell of coffee but strongly dislikes the taste of it?"

I think you are supposed to put it in your mouth and not up your nose.

Inhaling the wrong Colombian export perhaps?laugh.gif

The ex hated the taste of tea but would sniff the teabags as she loved the smell. She was strange.