The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

Weather.

Floods.

Ailments.

Rains.

Holidays.

Weather.

Model railways.

Weather.

Work.

Weather.

Funny stories.

Weather.

Family.

Weather.

That pretty much sums it up. :sungum:

You forgot pets! :mosking:

Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Light Banter, odd musings and the occasional bit of letting off steam seems about right to me. I suppose Beast has had a lot of steam to let off but agree that it probably time to leave that theme so far as ER is concerned.

Don

• Like 1

Oh god. Poutine. Quebec's revenge on the rest of Canada. Fries, gravy, and bloody cheese curds. I love fries and gravy, but throw on the curds and blech!

Phil, Mike. Looks like I picked the right app then. If I'm on the desktop I tend to listen to a site called live365.com. They've got around 7000 non-broadcast stations. Just pick a genre and go from there. I have a preference for ambient music when writing. 70s and 80s when working on the layout.

I thought that was what you get when you distill potato peelings? (Tried a shot of that when an Irish friend brought a bottle with him from home. I got my sight back a week later...)

For true ambient music, try KLF's Chill Out album. Complete with railroad sounds.

• RMweb Gold

Phil, Mike. Looks like I picked the right app then. If I'm on the desktop I tend to listen to a site called live365.com. They've got around 7000 non-broadcast stations. Just pick a genre and go from there. I have a preference for ambient music when writing. 70s and 80s when working on the layout.

There's a free iPad app for that, just installing it now. Thanks for the heads up.

I forgot baking too, didn't I?

Speaking of which, I've just (experimentally) made two low protein rolls for Jamie. Think I could get away with making them smaller next time. One's come out the size of a cricket ball and has a cricket ball-like seam running around it! Now to work out what low-protein filling I can make from what's in the fridge...

Guest Max Stafford

Now why did I just read "peat"? :sarcastic:

Given that it extensively underlies this part of the world, it's an easy mistake! :blum:

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

I thought that was what you get when you distill potato peelings? (Tried a shot of that when an Irish friend brought a bottle with him from home. I got my sight back a week later...)

For true ambient music, try KLF's Chill Out album. Complete with railroad sounds.

Jeez Mike; what would I give to get my hands on that album again! Rarer than rocking horse doo doo and reflected in the pricing!

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Weather.

Floods.

Ailments.

Rains.

Holidays.

Weather.

Model railways.

Weather.

Work.

Weather.

Funny stories.

Weather.

Family.

Weather.

That pretty much sums it up. :sungum:

Those and the others that have since cropped up, but two that recently have been close to many of our hearts:

Sympathy, Support and the Encouragement which is so freely given

ER has very swiftly become my favourite little enclave in the RM Web forum because of the folk who frequent it

Regards

Richard

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 10

Jeez Mike; what would I give to get my hands on that album again! Rarer than rocking horse doo doo and reflected in the pricing!

Dave.

Oops, forgot its rarity! I've only got it on tape. I've got The History of The Jams on LP, plus a few cd and vinyl singles, and their Pet Shop Boys So Hard remix on 12" vinyl...

I must at some point record the tape onto mp3...

• RMweb Premium

"I'll be keeping an eye on this"

And, of course, you can add 'sailing' to the list

And 'weather'

Can't have sailing without 'weather'

and the shipping forecast

but don't get me started on that one :whistle:

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Gold

Took father in law for an Echo cardoagram today very similar to those ultra sound baby scans pregnant women get these days. Normally you would be lying on the couch and be unable to see the screen. However because of the difficulties of getting Dad on and off a couch he stayed in the wheelchair while we held is clothes up so the nurse could place the sensors on his chest. This meant we could see the screen. Absolutely amazing, we were able to see the various chambers of the heart and the valves opening and closing every so often she took a screen capture and recorded the sounds which we could hear. She also got it to add in clour flashes either red or blue which I took to be the pressure flows. Each valve was look at in turn close up. Apparently the machine basically the size of a large lap top with some sensors is the best available at about £40k. No idea whether the results meant good or bad news for Dad but it felt a real priviledge to glimpse some of the wonder of creation.

Don

• Like 7

Clear today and then partly/mostly cloudy for the rest of the week but ZERO precipitation predicted in the 5 day forecast

That's fulfilling my part of the ER's daily menu as listed above

It seems to me that ERs membership has boomed during this year from an original membership of half a dozen people who were up and posting at a silly o'clock time on most days. By 8:00 activity had ceased.

Now there are uncountable numbers of members and posting occurs from 6:00 am through until after midnight next day . 99% of the original members have persevered and are still with us.

Puns and VERY DRY humour were the hallmarks.

Long live ERs!

• Like 6