The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Jeez... According to a news report I read earlier this evening, a 23 years old man was arrested in Russia for having poisoned at least thirteen passengers on Moscow commuter trains with cognac mixed with strong pharmaceuticals to knock them out and then rob them. Several of his victims are still in a coma or have suffered serious neural damage. I sure hope they'll put him away for a long time! :O :angry:

Guest Max Stafford

It is, of course still freely available at mainline outlets such as behind the bins at the Caledonian Road entrance to King's Cross...! ;)

Dave.

Morning All,

You are right Sixoh - the board was off line until 08:00 GMT.

Another somewhat snowy morning here. It is still snowing, but only very fine powdery stuff. The roads were a little slippery when I drove to work - but nothing tremendous.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

There was a notice saying it was shut until 0800 GMT for file transfer.

Hello.

It is slightly misty here this morning but is clearing up.

Matthew's college start half-term holidays today. My wife doesn't have half term at her college.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

one good thing about the server downtime was that I could get some work done earlier than planned! :lol: It is a bit windy outside, but not as cold as last night.

Have a good day and see you later! :)

Shiver, shake, can't keep still. Finding RMW down at 6:00 caused sever withdrawel symptoms.

I think I shall have another cup of coffee to aid recovery.

Partly cloudy with a cool breeze blowing. About 24C. Very pleasant sitting outside on the smoking balcony, AND it's Friday :D

I can't remember the last time I went to a cinema either, but we are talking decades.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, It's Friday! Got a few things to sort today but SWMBO is out all day tomorrow so I think it may well be a full day of work on the trainset. :)

's funny, I never associated Bo Derek with talking or conversation!

Cheers

Dave

There was a notice saying it was shut until 0800 GMT for file transfer.

Ah, the perils of mostly accessing this on my iPhone now! And Andy didn't tweet it! :)

Having a duvet day today as I left work early yesterday feeling rubbish. Think it's just that the last couple of months have taken their toll on me!

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the perils of mostly accessing this on my iPhone now! And Andy didn't tweet it! :)

Having a duvet day today as I left work early yesterday feeling rubbish. Think it's just that the last couple of months have taken their toll on me!

Perhaps you need to remove the Garfield from the iPhone screen? I hope you feel better soon. The current round of viral things seem to be deja flu, it goes and then you seem to get it again a few days later. Even my wife was ill for a few days and she is normally one of those people who is too busy to be ill. It is normally holiday time that germs catch up with her.

I've just got back from shopping and the supermarket said my credit card was blocked so I came home and phoned the bank. Apparently my pattern of purchases was unusual. I'm not sure if it was the top up for Matthew's phone or the purchase from a well known model shop in Cornwall (I explained that it is a toy train shop and it should fit my profile!), or the fact that when my wife was in Marks yesterday she only spent Poundsymbol 13 that alerted their software. The purchase of stuff from a large railway emporium in Hamburg wasn't queried.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I've just had some Viessmann overhead cable kits delivered from Conrad-UK. I can't work out from the paperwork if it has actually come from near Wigan (as the label implies), Barking as the invoice implies, or from Holland. The tracking emails were in a mixture of Dutch and English and the parcel could only be tracked as an international shipment. I wondered if this confused my credit card people but it wasn't one of the items they asked me about! I'll have to get my tame economist (Matthew, GCSE grade C!) to explain globalisation to me.

• RMweb Premium

Oh no, not puns, Wrenn will it all end?

Life on earth? As soon as the sun begins to expand, some billion years from now, I would think.

I wonder whether mankind will still exist by then - perhaps on another world? They'll need to draw up an Atlas for that one then, of course.

Life on earth? As soon as the sun begins to expand, some billion years from now, I would think.

I wonder whether mankind will still exist by then - perhaps on another world? They'll need to draw up an Atlas for that one then, of course.

gosh, we had to go all round the houses to get to that pun, didn't we?! Any more like that and we'll have you lili-put down!