The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Well, I live to feed another day! Whatever ailed black boy this morning he'd got over it by tonight, and was pretty normal. On the other hand, when I first arrived the three adult nanny-goats had somehow got in with the sheep, and I wasn't at all sure about how we'd get them back. But when Ben arrived and I returned to the goats - as if by magic they'd come back through/over the fence! All's well that ends well.

Keep your eyes peeled in about 5 months time for geeps. Or Shoats.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes - that is a problem with being retired, every day seems to be the same as all the others but fortunately the sudoku varies which helps me keep track (as does the 'net, I think)

You're up late for a Sunday Mike

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, hope we are all good.

currently sat in Laura's lovely house in Harsewinkel having consumed a few beers and now on the spicy rum. The day was interesting, everything, including the much vaunted German railway system was running late - instead of the two hours on Hanover station I made the train with 7 minutes to spare! But alls well that ends well, got here ok and am looking forward to a few days of exploring the local landscape, mostly to include bakers, beer and chocolate shops.

I am amazed at the railway infrastructure round this way, if I don't get to train spot this time I certainly want to dabble

next time and spend some time in the Hannover area - it looked like it was heaving with interesting bits and bobs.

Anyway, good night from cold , foggy Germany.

Edit no t in Harsewinkel

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Aditi was home early enough tonight to watch her first episode of Eggheads. Such is Gordon's fame her first comment was "is this the episode with ...."

Anyway she did quite like the programme as it it gave lots of opportunities to empathise with "the poor woman" who had to take on all 5 eggheads. It was all a bit of light relief as she has had an "interesting" day at work. I shall have to start my "how to be assertive" suggestions again. Poor dog was most confused this evening as Aditi went out as soon as she got home as she had forgotten to vote.

Very glad to read that Ian made it back safely from his pastoral duties.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well having seen my 5 year old son's school work this evening my eye was caught by a page of topic work the class had done.

The title was: "People who keep me safe". His list included: daddy, my teacher, firemen and "Bob". Bob is his godfather and a long-serving policeman.

So, based on that I'd vote for PC Bob. :)

Evening all, and catch up again tomorrow.

Andy

• Like 1

I voted, if deliberately spoiling the paper counts as voting.

As of 5.30pm only 23 people in our nearest town of Denbigh had voted.

By lunchtime, only 11 had voted in our village of Maidencombe. The poor Returning Officers were running the Polling Station in a holiday flat where they were sitting in a kitchen with the door open! When I offered to close it, they told me that's not allowed!!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The local polling station to our club in Wellington is our clubroom!

So we had some of our club members manning the kitchen all day, keeping a close eye on the layouts and other bits and the returning officers were quite happy for us to keep the kettle going for them. They also were quite happy for the door to be kept shut. (On ecological and environmental grounds naturally)

There was a big sign outside telling voters they needed to come in to vote!

Regards

Richard

Edited by Happy Hippo

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Fell asleep when I got home so a rather late dinner.

Hubby kindly took photo of my new toy acquisition for Great West Road and it's now on the thread.

Brain still half asleep so will just wish you all a good night.

• RMweb Gold

I am amazed at the railway infrastructure round this way, if I don't get to train spot this time I certainly want to dabble

next time and spend some time in the Hannover area - it looked like it was heaving with interesting bits and bobs.

Anyway, good night from cold , foggy Germany.

Edit no t in Harsewinkel

Glad to hear you got there in the end Phil - alas DB punctuality in more recent years seems to be in a rather different mode from the past.

Anyway if you're not too far from Hannover only 2 hours on from there is a place called Wernigerode which i reckon you might find of interest - might be worth looking up its local attractions to see if it might be worth a long day out?

And you must have missed the big vote - just said on the Beeb that the turnout was less than 10%. In the first 12 hours ay our polling station a total of 122 people had voted, that's around 5% of the number of voters they had made provision for - the whole thing is a very expensive farce which put even Clochmerle in the shade.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our polling station was the local Catholic church. it is a very pleasant modern building so quite a nice location for the 5 officials (one per voter I suspect) to spend their day. I didn't realise that it was a first choice / second choice ballot until I got to the booth but I coped.

• RMweb Gold

Our polling station was the local Catholic church. it is a very pleasant modern building so quite a nice location for the 5 officials (one per voter I suspect) to spend their day. I didn't realise that it was a first choice / second choice ballot until I got to the booth but I coped.

Yes a surprise that, but the offer of the chance to do some (albeit minor) tactical voting steered me away from my original intention to spoil the ballot paper.

Am I the only old codger that cannot now keep up with ER?

Can we have an early evening precis of subjects and results for us old farts?

A Reader's Digest if you will. Now, where did I put my glasses..............

Best, Pete.

• Like 6