The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

What's a Blue Pullman?

Re Screwfix. Why are you going to a dating agency to buy drill bits?

I have hit the 'like' button three times this morning. Don't get used to it, it won't last.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

PROUD NOT TO OWN A B*** P******

Morning, dreary out, cosy in.

Rugby, football, modelling (aka sticking sticky paper to stuff), laundry, eating rubbish and drinking beer is today's agenda, maybe a bit of falling out with people on the Flying Scotsman thread thrown in for good measure.

Have a good one

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting confused. Why is Tony trying to drill holes for mounting his BP on the curtain rod?

Actually a mezzanine railway layout could really add something to the lounge and dining room.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I thought everyone knew that BP was Blood Pressure. Mine goes up everytime I think of that gorgeous blue thing.

Do be careful, someone may "accidentally" misunderstand and buy you Thomas the Tank Engine.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Do be careful, someone may "accidentally" misunderstand and buy you Thomas the Tank Engine.

Heaven forbid. I think I'd better go and have breakfast before my blood sugar levels fall through the floor.

Edited by southern42
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Sneaking on while on a break at work.

Visited the redoubtable Richard's Train Shop and looked at a B*** P*****n to see that all the fuss is about - he has already sold most of his allocation, and said that he won't be able to re-order from the current batch - he only has two left not spoken for, and has not even put one out on display in his cabinets - but what I saw through the box was most impressive.

Seems that the sun is shining here, from what I can see out the window, and 30747 said that when she was taking puppykins out for a walk, it rained, sleeted, and was generally horrible.

I too won't be at Warley (again) this year as the fare is silly money.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Visited the redoubtable Richard's Train Shop and looked at a B*** P*****n to see that all the fuss is about - he has already sold most of his allocation, and said that he won't be able to re-order from the current batch - he only has two left not spoken for, and has not even put one out on display in his cabinets - but what I saw through the box was most impressive.

Stewart

Morning Stewart - good to see you're now keeping up more frequently, ERs definitely makes a several daily visits essential at the moment.

As I understand things Bachmann have sold (to the retail trade) all their BP sets - and there are no more, get it or forget it. Whether they will ever make any more, or any in the other 6 car variants, is not even being hinted at and that seems to me to be good commercial sense in today's circumstance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think the gift of a light sabre is cruel.

Two is the minimum or there'll be no opponent.

(Rather a grand version there I thought!).

Tend to agree, DD,

My son bought one last week. Now his sister needs one!

Andy

They have LEDs inside?

Another fantasy destroyed.

I remember (before they went all teenage and cynical) fooling my young nephews into believing I actually had a light sabre; using a linear-RF amplifier and a 5ft. flourescent tube.........I had the 'RF-burner' on a foot-switch with it`s antenna radiating from behind a cupboard door.

The Force was strong in me, but only strong in them, when they were very-very quiet and good.....seemingly! :mosking:

Magic Auntie-Deb! :angel:

Health and safety?........Pah! :laugh:

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I remember (before they went all teenage and cynical) fooling my young nephews

When Matthew was little he was so gullible he couldn't believe that anyone ever told him a lie.He really did believe that his friend Gary had a Great White shark in his garden pond. He also believed that people who borrowed lunch money would pay him back. He either believed people were good or truly evil (Mrs P, his teacher ). Fortunately he did learn to be a bit more discriminating as he got to teenage.

I can remember convincing my nephew that my car radio was thought controlled for channel changing and volume. I said if he concentrated on a number it should change. He hadn't seen a steering wheel fingertip remote before. Fortunately he was amused. He has grown up to be very sensible considering he was brought up in environment where the X-Files was considered to be a documentary

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

And now it's fogging up outside, too, making our weather miserable enough for me to turn on the lights. On one hand, I have always been quite sensitive to bright light, which I guess must be why my parents could never understand my preferring low light levels even when sat at my desk for homework after nightfall. However, there also is only so much I can stand in the way of dreich weather.

I also can well relate to why the rabbits are curling up and dozing, except when feeling like having a snack. When they do, they can be amazingly active! As SWMBO is at work over night, I'll be doing some Chinese style stir-fried chicken with escallion and rice for dinner.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Arm returning to normal.

We lost 2-1 at the football.

Norwich had EDL and anti EDL everywhere, but out numbered by police, including a show of strength by the mounted ones.

Surreal experience - driving (well being driven) back from Norwich, travelling through Spooner Row, we found a family of guinea pigs living under a hedge - we didn't ask, it's Norfolk after all !

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Although I was expecting the vertical blind fitting to be as difficult (always a girder in the way!) as most such things are, the "DeWalt HSS extreme 2" drill bits went through the steel like it said they would on the advert. I bought 3 (as they were 1/3 of the price of the equivalent in B&Q) but only used one and it looks fine still. Once the brackets were fitted, the blinds went up easily.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all.

Back from town. Repeat of last Saturday - sunny when we went out and mistake #1: Didn't take the brolly.

Got to town and, yes, it was raining. Ducking showers in and out the usual shops with mistake #2: Went into WHS and ended up buying yet another railway modelling magazine.

Lessons learnt

1. Remember the brolly

2. Stay out of magazine shops????

3. Go somewhere under cover???

4. Stay at home and play trains :yes:

5. Find a an exhibition to go to instead :locomotive: :yahoo:

Edited by southern42
  • Like 1

Although I was expecting the vertical blind fitting to be as difficult (always a girder in the way!) as most such things are, the "DeWalt HSS extreme 2" drill bits went through the steel like it said they would on the advert. I bought 3 (as they were 1/3 of the price of the equivalent in B&Q) but only used one and it looks fine still. Once the brackets were fitted, the blinds went up easily.

You`ve played a blinder! :mosking:

• Like 5

I remember (before they went all teenage and cynical) fooling my young nephews into believing I actually had a light sabre; using a linear-RF amplifier and a 5ft. flourescent tube.........I had the 'RF-burner' on a foot-switch with it`s antenna radiating from behind a cupboard door.

The Force was strong in me, but only strong in them, when they were very-very quiet and good.....seemingly! :mosking:

Debs - have you seen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhh9E5huLU ?

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Surreal experience - driving (well being driven) back from Norwich, travelling through Spooner Row, we found a family of guinea pigs living under a hedge - we didn't ask, it's Norfolk after all !

Evidence ...

post-6662-0-03526700-1352577364_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Arm returning to normal.

We lost 2-1 at the football.

Norwich had EDL and anti EDL everywhere, but out numbered by police, including a show of strength by the mounted ones.

Believe it or not, it's not uncommon, we have a family of feral GP living under a woodpile in next doors paddock.

Not often seen but often heard squealing in typical GP fashion.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1