The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

At last our new granddaughter is here! Born at 1245. Weight not yet known. Named Alice Marie. Beautiful, according to Mum. Both well; Dad too!

Heading for Crewe, doing 80 mph on M5 near Worcester.

More anon!

Great news Ashers, but please slow down a little!

Speed will not kill you, it is usually the massive and sudden deceleration

It is better to arrive at your destination 40 minutes late, than to be waiting for the Ferryman at the River Styx 40 years early!

Regards

Richard

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Glad the ordeal is over, and you can get on with your grandmotherly duties, Ashcombe Girlie! Seems likely your iPhone will be a lifeline for the next few days as you take on mum's daytime role while she recovers.

If Happy Hippo is right, and by convincing hubbie to slow down you avoid Styx for another 40 years - that should see you into 3 figures!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At last our new granddaughter is here! Born at 1245. Weight not yet known. Named Alice Marie. Beautiful, according to Mum. Both well; Dad too!

Heading for Crewe, doing 80 mph on M5 near Worcester.

More anon!

Well done grandma (well everyone normally congratulates the parents but some of the credit must go to you as well :sungum: ) Nice names too, glad to see the influence of tv etc does not pervade the home of your daughter. Trust mum & and babe are doing well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Many congratulations Ashers,

As a matter of interest will you be known as Gran,Granny,Grandma, Nan, Nanny or something else? My better half declared that under no circumstances was anything beginning with Gran to be used when referring to her as it was bad enough being married to a Grandad!

Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the things that surprised me on our Mediterranean holiday was just how blue the sea was. It was the bright blue that little children use for the sea in their paintings not the grey usually seen round the UK.

• RMweb Gold

This so reminds me of our little cruise to Heligoland last year, Mike. How I wish to be back on the shore...

Heligoland, swapped for Zanzibar back in Queen Victoria's reign. Some places have interesting histories!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pete has surfaced.

"No power - No heat - Trees down everywhere - Can't recharge phone - Regular lines down - No gas anywhere - cel towers dieing - Sendrn! Best Pete".

Doesn't sound good .....

...but in this case having bad news is better than no news at all.

• RMweb Gold

Just read Old Gringo's post on the Trisonic thread.

Pete has surfaced.

"No power - No heat - Trees down everywhere - Can't recharge phone - Regular lines down - No gas anywhere - cel towers dieing - Sendrn! Best Pete".

I've just sent Old Gringo a PM with the location of a couple of places near Pete's home where phones can be charged. Of course they may not be within walking distance but perhaps they are.

Just read Old Gringo's post on the Trisonic thread.

Pete has surfaced.

Sendrn? Send Royal Navy? Send reinforcements?