The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from overcast Hampshire.

Packing for Eurodisney - a half-term treat for the children who missed out on a summer holiday this year as dad passed away a few days before we were due go on holiday.

Weather here is not conducive to working on my layout in the garage. Wondering if I should bring my N gauge layout out of storage and make progress on that over winter.

Good luck to Ashers re the new arrival. Fingers crossed for a safe delivery and a healthy mum and baby.

New project starting at work - so much pondering to be done about that over the coming weeks.

Have a nice day. If you're on the eastern seaboard of the US - just have a safe day!

Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thinking of cooking the younguns some home-made chicken burgers for lunch. One has an egg, nut and fish allergy.

Always challenging to find something interesting that won't result in a trip to A&E!

Thinking of those affected by the inbound storm, a friend in DC showed me a photo of a cake she'd made yesterday topped with lurid pink "beet" icing.

Of all the things they'd run out of in an emergency (fresh water, batteries, sandbags etc) who'd have thought that'd it'd be couverture chocolate that'd be first to go! :)

Andy

It`ll be tongue for lunch; or rather it will be, if I don`t make some sandwiches with it, before t`auld-uns get back from the surgery.........extreme-age, chronic-illness and bitter-cold: "there`s nowt that can`t be fixed by a butty and a brew" :yes:

......evidently! :laugh:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Every now and then I have to search for egg free products. Some of Aditi's cousins don't eat eggs so a bit of packet reading or recipe research takes place.

Our fiends in Connecticut are not quite in the forecast path of Sandy but they expect power cuts and a lot of rain. They are also concerned that trees might come down. They have prepared for life in the basement. This is actually a rather pleasant room they usually use for guests so at least they and their cats will be comfortable. The cats don't go outside anyway as they could end up as coyote snacks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

wet underfoot suggests overnight rain , but blue sky and sunshine at the moment might

be short term as there are some nasty grey bits looming .

Hopefully a bit of modelling will be undertaken later , a goods shed is in progress and needs

finishing .

Hope all is well for Pete in the US , sounds scary .

Have a good one all .

• RMweb Gold

Ahat a surprise!

As we left Neath on the long climb up to Hirwain, out came the sun and stayed with us all the way home.

Having arrived and got sorted out, the sun has now dodged behind a rather large bank of grey cloud.

Still the good weather was nice whilst it lasted.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to be without a car for a few days this week. There is a unpleasant diesel smell inside my car and it is going to the Land Rover dealer tomorrow for investigation.

I'm waiting in at the moment for a delivery of coat hangers that Aditi ordered. I wonder if I will tidying wardrobes for a few days while at home.

Tony

Electric power went off at 10:50 this morning. No great worry as this happens from time to time. However residents with battery powered radios said it was reported to be country wide. Not universal but wide spread. In view of this I feared that it might last many hours. Lunch was not affected as the home cooks on gas. However it was restored at 3:50 so all is well.

• Like 8

Electric power went off at 10:50 this morning. No great worry as this happens from time to time. However residents with battery powered radios said it was reported to be country wide. Not universal but wide spread. In view of this I feared that it might last many hours. Lunch was not affected as the home cooks on gas. However it was restored at 3:50 so all is well.

That`s a bit of a sobering event, Don :O ........we all rely on electricity so much for our daily-lives, don`t we!

• RMweb Gold

That`s a bit of a sobering event, Don :O ........we all rely on electricity so much for our daily-lives, don`t we!

And watching 'Downton Abbey'! We had 5 power cuts last night between c20.15 and 23.00 - some very brief and no more than a couple of minutes but the first two or three lasted about 5 minutes or more. Leaves me wondering quite what goes on round here as a couple of years ago we had nearly 9 months worth of road digging-up in order to renew power cables 'to avoid future disruptions of supply'.

• RMweb Premium

Evening All,

Hope all those threatened by nasty storms are OK.

It's my turn for the e-cold. Not yet turned into to full-blown man-flu but clearly this ERs business is bad for your health!

In our household apparently we installed a wall heater just for the dog. Anyone who thinks they are getting closer better think again..

Archie_heater_29Oct12.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• Like 10

Been in and out all day, so catching up with the banter. I'm sure everything is OK, but wish Pete a safe return once Sandy has passed through....

Are you going to share some pics with us then Mr H? Is this the roundy roundy or your US layout?

Your little lad looks well settled Dave...Spoilt or what? :)

Other than that, all is quiet. Mrs S is catching up with Downton, so a chance for me to catch up on posts. I'm sure it's really good, but somehow period drama doesn't do it for me. Thanks God we're all different...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our house is never cold and doesn't need any heating other than that from the central heating but the fireplace hole needed filling so I bought an electric fire with a flame effect. Even though there is no heat from it it clearly is Robbie's preferred place to lie next to.

Evening all. First post of the day as I had a busy day out at a conference on welfare reform. Tony, I've skimmed MR176 but must have missed it - what page? (reminds me, must phone Bauer, MR175 never arrived).

Planning to watch the Top Gear Bond special at 9.

Ashcombe - good luck for the arrival of the grandchild!

Not a vast amount to report today, other than a mild Chocolate Orange addiction.

• Like 1

We never had this eCold problem before Ashers arrived.

Lucky she is a font of wisdom, entertainment and good taste or eBugging might be suspected.

Well, I like to think of myself as something of a trendsetter!

Presumably a font is of lesser size than a fount?!

Hope all these ailments are shortlived and that the storm soon blows itself out. Thoughts with folk in the States.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

. Tony, I've skimmed MR176 but must have missed it - what page? (reminds me, must phone Bauer, MR175 never arrived).

Half way down the right side of page 31. "the trains for this photoshoot were loaned by MHR driver Phil ..."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lakes day 1

Very pleasant journey across. Set of early and travelled up Weardale.

Morning light on autumnal rusts was fantastic. Fed and watered now and feeling very relaxed. When you are far from artificial light the night sky is a thing of incredible awe and beauty.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Pete's well being.

• Like 7