The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

"The eldest must now be treated as a 'young lady'"

That's a very big affirmative-at 5'7" she is as tall as her mother and definitely finding her feet. My daughter has inherited my rather volatile nature and some of that seems to be rubbing off which makes for some interesting "discussions"!

Bob

Edited by grandadbob

Morning All,

It is still rather dark here - but we seem to avoided the fog that Dominik mentioned. That makes a pleasant change!

I see Debs mentioned the "Haynes book of lies" - Great publications they are, but I am always somewhat frustrated to read "Reassembly is the reverse of the above steps" - if only it were that easy! Having said that, I have proved myself capable in the past of tackling "Three Spanner" jobs - only to be thwarted by a "One Spanner".

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 2

........the dog likes to throw himself into the boot of his owner's car and now that he's getting old, he sometimes lands painfully short.......

My Tegwen has become the same in her aged years; "an optimistic jumper"........she looks so shocked and disappointed when her body doesn`t do what her mind has commanded.

........fingers and paws are tightly-crossed for good news for Jordi. :tender:

• Like 1

.......as far as the Maths goes I can usually see the answer but they seem to set things out differently to my day (& use a different language).

I have five nephews (17 through 30 years) and shockingly NONE of them can do mental maths; instead, they form laborious and convoluted paths, calculating on paper........and seemingly no amount of my suggestions can get them to understand even the most basic of shortcuts: (e.g) that adding several things priced at £7.99 is only a case of adding the £8`s and subtracting the several pennies from the whole....but, they look at me as if I`m speaking Klingon! :scratchhead:

• Like 7

The cat 'Annie' seems quite happy that Iv'e less to do as well, here she is with her master manservant.

post-13569-0-26249200-1350902935_thumb.jpg

Since your lower-leg amputation, have you considered giving that spare tartan slipper to a charity shop; there might be right-leg amputee looking for one! :mosking:

• Like 4

Morning all. Good luck with Jordi, iD.

Less foggy than yesterday but still a bit there. Off to work early as I've got an 11am meeting across town and have to write a bit of briefing for FM before I head there. [edit: arrived at work, you can see fine from the 3rd floor but by the time you reach the 6th floor where the canteen is, visibility is close to zero]

I'm glad the confusion over Hallelujah has been sorted. I have to admit I didn't go to the Beethoven thread as I've never been a Beethoven fan. I tend to "collect" composers as I sing their works and never did anything by Beethoven. Mozart, Vivaldi, Rutter, Faure etc all got sung but no Beethoven. I'm probably in a minority of one of people who aren't that taken with what I've heard of Beethoven's stuff! (Burn the heretic...)

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

Morning all

Grey, misty and very damp outside, but will be popping out for lunch later for the wife to meet up with one of her friends. Apparently I am there for moral support, the friend is a bit scatty.

Have a good day whatever you are up to.

ID - best of luck, hope it's good news.

Debs - LoL, put a great big smile on my face.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mornin' all.

Half an hour ago we overlooked a fog bank. Only the top of the pylons were showing. Fantastic sight with bands of grey and light pinkish clouds above. Dispersing now.

Have a good day all and a safe journey if you're out in the fog.

• RMweb Gold

Ashers said:

"Ever since singing Mozart's "Requiem" at school I've been moved by the "Lacrimosa". My family know that I'd like it to be played at my funeral. "

I think my family are planning to play AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" for mine!

Regards

Richard

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The soft mist shrouded the dew touched flowers as morning breaks. < ######, its cold, wet, miserable again.

Was that Keats before he thought of " season of mists & mellow frightfulness fruitfulness?

Bob

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I'm not totally sure what I've achieved since 6 am but it didn't seem to include logging on to RMweb!

It is foggy but not as thick as it was yesterday. Surprisingly I didn't hear any foghorns from the river traffic this morning.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Foggy here, so my trip to the bank is postponed a while. Went yesterday, found it was lobby-service only - Monday afternoon! WTF? - and needed help so that was that. Fortunately it was a nice day for a drive, uinlike this morning.

Hope iD's pooch has a better outcome than feared. Having our last dog put down was no fun, but almost dwarfed in importance by Deb being in rehab hospital at the time.

• RMweb Gold

Morning, another dreary, dank one down here on (nearly) the South Coast.

On call this week, last evening and a good part of the night saw me at this place (a stitched, heavily doctored mobile phone snap - it was pretty dark when I took it)t:

post-6683-0-38373700-1350980737_thumb.jpg

Nothing remarkable, but half a century ago this was RAF Chilbolton (here and here) - Southern Water took over the boreholes and water tower when it was decommisioned and it remains in use to this day. It's right in the corner of the erstwhile airfield but one day I'm going to hop over the fence and have a good nose round.

It is remote and very spooky, especially on a damp, misty, very still autumnal late evening. No different from most of the sites I have to visit really!

Have a good one.

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 8

Morning all,

The grey fog which obscured most of Sidcup and Bexley continues unabated over here. I am just getting to grips with my "road to work" login for the latest short term contract and finding myself wistfully looking over towards the stairs. There's always another modelling project to finish, thankfully.

Don't know what I would do without this hobby sometimes. Keeps you busy!

• RMweb Premium

Don't know what I would do without this hobby sometimes. Keeps you busy!

And sane, I think I should add! It's certainly done so for me many times...

Depressingly grey sky outside, but the golden leaves on the trees do brighten things up considerably. So do the many birds now crowding the feeder.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Fingers crossed for iD's (almost) adopted dog. It's actually not misty here but it's a fetching shade of pale grey in the sky and no sun expected before the frosts arrive at the weekend, this week is going to be more like a Siberian autumn than an Indian summer I reckon.

Really exciting day ahead, not. Firstly a trip round here but one largish PM already enroute regarding Kirkby Luneside so that's - hopefully - my good deed for the day. Later a trip to the bank, then Smiffs to look for MRJ, might breakfast in town if i feel like it, and finally try to finish the lime plastering thingy hoping that in the meanwhile a proper job example of a method statement has arrived from my pal in the north (I think that for a builder an example dealing with block walling will be better than the last one I wrote which was how to unload rails on a steep falling gradient - although it did work, no one was hurt, and the Railway concerned has now opened that stretch for public operations).

Have a nice day folks.