The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I've had my blood and urine test results in this morning's post - and I cannot see anything in the 20+ measures that isn't within the stated norms, which is nice. Will not be able to discuss with GP until Monday, but shan't be worrying too much, either!
With all your lab work being WNL, it is highly probable that what has been ailing you is to a greater or lesser extent psychosomatic, which is very understandable given what you've been through recently. And just because it is "psychosomatic" doesn't make it less real or less UNpleasant (think "phantom limb pain").

Amost Friday evening, time for BEER!

iD

edited for typo - now makes sense :-o

p.s. Mrs iD doesn't buy the "psychosomatic" argument - (at least from me), I think she just hears the first part of the word.....

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 2

Here in Vancouver, it is raining significantly for the first time in about 80 days. Since before the end of July, we've had eight millimeters of rain. Normally, we’d have some 130 millimeters of rain over that period. With all the oil and rubber on the road, the accident rate is sure to rocket!

It was nice while it lasted - monsoon season approaches.

Well being as some asked nicely, here's the object of my avatar photo.

30" gauge Baldwin, in New Glasgow Industrial Museum. (Nova Scotia, Canada) Girl friend did describe it as a beauty...... Marvellous museum lots of hand on stuff, (and yes I did "cab" it!.......because I could!)

And the tall old chap did get out of the way...... It does look rather like a bit of a "Pug-Bash" doesn't it? There is also one of the ugliest locos (36" gauge) parked out side, and a couple of very early 0-6-0 locos (one on display, one hidden )

post-4282-0-46185000-1350070746.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Max Stafford

Sorry to hear of your loss Richard. Safe passage to Rainbow Bridge Bron.

Ploughing through a 12 hour night shift, only 8 hours to go now!

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I was reading the thread (now locked) earlier today about the Indian call centres offering for a fee to sort out non existent problems with Windows. While I was reading it I got a call from a number I didn't recognise. An Indian lady asked me to go and check the VPN on the computer. Fortunately I didn't follow the suggestions in the thread (blowing whistles, swearing etc) as she might have been cross with me when she got home.

• Like 12

Half an hour left on your shift, Dave?

Many moons ago, I worked for someone with a VPL. Not a good look on a slightly plump male!

And good morning to anyone else who is awake stupidly early this morning!

Clear, bright and sunny! We really are at the start of Summer! - also windless but temp still only in the very low twenties

We are also in the 3rd week of the Summer menu cycle. The only difference I can discern from the Winter menu is that instead of a baked/boiled pudding with custard every day, we have jelly with custard every day. lol

Morning all,

VPL? Assuming you mean Visible Panty Line, now that's something that I haven't heard for many a decade. Takes me back to the late 70s, when I was young, unattached, full to the brim with raging hormones, had all my hair... mens sana in corpora sana, so to speak. Mind you, at that time I was [a] broke, foolish and ignorant and [c] a student at Uni (which de facto implies both A and B...)

Still miserable and wet today, so my planned trip to Ikea for shelving for the workshop will not be a hardship.

Edited by iL Dottore

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Off for a day on the Fens with the diverted liners - hope everyone is well today.

Sorry about your loss Richard, I lost my Booza (Jacksie cross) in 1997, having had her since she was born - I broke her birth sac. They are very dear friends. I still miss her now and imagine I can hear the patter of her feet whenever food is around !

• Like 2

Good morning all,

Had a disturbed nights sleep....one of the local "churches" decided that the whole neighbourhood needed to hear their all night "prayer" vigil......... oh well todays Saturday so with any luck at all might get home a bit earlier..

What ever you're up to try and enjoy some of it.

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Still dark but quite pleasant enough walking round the garden!

I went down early this morning to check on Robbie as he has had couple of days of "upset tummy" but no "accidents" this morning.

We (the house humans) are off for flu jabs this morning, Aditi has a visit to the hairdressers and then we'll take MiL shopping. This means I won't have time to visit the Chelmsford model railway exhibition. However I may do some railway modelling tomorrow. It turns out that Aditi wanted the VPN checking so she could spend all Sunday working on things she couldn't do in the week as she was covering someone else's work.

• RMweb Gold

Not looked outside yet, too dark, but an exciting trip to Tesco beckons....

Once SWMBO is back from work, fed, and in bed for a few hours, I might consider ballasting Treamble... That'll be fun...

Enjoy your day.

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning all!

Last morning on the broads today, up early to return the boat to the yard. Can't believe the luck we've had with the weather, with just a shower yesterday morning. Already planning the next years trip!

17022cebc02ef08e74d043300c52f29b.jpg

Tom.

Edited by TomE
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Cloudy but not raining at this time, but the forecast predicts this to change for the worse in the afternoon. SWMBO seems to have caught a sniffle, so I don't think she'll want to do anything exerting.

Enjoy your day, everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Forgot this...

dsc075465rqze.jpg

218 387 in the original Bundesbahn burgundy was working the Frankfurt-Glauburg Stockheim line during the evening peak yesterday. Saw her by surprise, so could take only this documentary photo.

• Like 10