The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Plenty of okats in evidence. It's a working from home day for me, well actually a working from the Smart garage day as I have to take the wife's toy car for a major service. At least they have coffee and a wireless network.

Cheers

Dave

Morning All (I think!)

Eventually managed to get some sleep only to be woken up by my cousin wanting a coffee at 8:00! Hey Ho! :( Still, haven't seen him for a few weeks so I might let him off!

John, say Hi to Jam from me if he doesn't pop in here later.

Certainly will, Don. Have noticed he's not here so often these days.

Have the day to work out how to get 4 layouts into the van ready for Febex (when I've woken up :icon_winker: )

• RMweb Premium

... Have the day to work out how to get 4 layouts into the van ready for Febex (when I've woken up :icon_winker: )

Easy, get a very big van. If you are still short of hands for Sunday I find I now have time on my hands! I'll be over on Saturday for a look round with the "gang of 5" so I'll probably see you then.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

I wasn't wandering around in the night but I did oversleep. The doorbell ringing woke me. A courier wanted to know if I could take in a parcel for next door.

Matthew has a late start at college (10.40) today but he was probably up anyway. I think he was hoping his "Star Trek Online" game had arrived but as I didn't order it until last night he was being rather optimistic.I'll be shopping today but only for food. The most exciting decision of the day will be Sainsbury or Tesco?

Tony

Easy, get a very big van.

:lol: Already have a long wheelbase VW Transporter, which I use for my delivery job, on the drive so should have plenty of room!
If you are still short of hands for Sunday I find I now have time on my hands! I'll be over on Saturday for a look round with the "gang of 5" so I'll probably see you then.

Thanks, Dave, we'll see you (+ 4) tomorrow then and discuss it further!

• RMweb Gold

Hello Folks,

Indeed I have been a bit quiet as of late. I apologise, there has been a lot of homework to do but the big pieces have been handed in now. It's also a shame I can't get on in the morning or at college.

Hello and thanks Don ;)

John, have you managed to work out how to get four layouts in your van yet? If you have, make sure you write down how to or take a photo so you can put it back in! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to disappoint(?) the gang of five but it will only be the gang of four on Saturday - it's plan B for me I'm afraid. My plumbing knowledge is needed by my daughter and SiL in return for a comfy seat watching England beat Wales at rugby on the telly whilst being plied with good food and drink, a bed for the night and a roast dinner on Sunday before returning home. Not a bad alternative methinks.

• RMweb Gold

I really did keep a diagram of how I got the suitcases in the boot (trunk as it was American) on our trip round New England this summer. When we first had the car Matthew had to have a case next to him on the back seat but eventually (on the second interstate trip) I did work out how to pack and drew a picture. American cars are not as big as they used to be! I can't imagine exhibiting any of my layouts and they are all slightly too big to fit in my car even though they are portable. I wonder if I should move the layout off the dining table before my wife returns from Hampshire. I suspect she won't mind!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Matthew just got home to tell me he had got a really good grade for his philosophy essay even with the unfortunate typo he had included, he had typed an "i" instead of the first "u" in duck-billed platypus. I don't even know how a how any kind of platypus ends up in a philosophy essay anyway.

Tony

he had typed an "i" instead of the first "u" in duck-billed platypus.

The mind boggles! :icon_lol:

I don't even know how a how any kind of platypus ends up in a philosophy essay anyway.

They are very philosophical creatures - didn't you know?!?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Slept quite well and I'm glad it's Saturday. We've been out shopping in the late afternoon yesterday and my girlfriend got a hot beverage machine from the rest of her Christmas money :) .

I might be receiving a shipment today or on Monday, as per the T&T page ;) .

Later :) .

Morning All,

It is a bit of a grey morning today, but yesterday's rain seems to have stopped for the moment. I am heading into town this morning, first to a lunch meeting, and then to do some jobs for a friend. I was going to go by bike - but I have realised that I have got rather too much stuff to take by bike and so I guess it is going to be a car job unfortunately.

I know what you mean about the music Dominik, I've got a pretty eclectic taste in music :blink: - It is amazing how many moods can be conveyed within a specific piece. Even one piece of music can have different effects depending upon the mood you are in. However, I would disagree that it is limited to the older composers - some of the modern composers manage to achieve the same effect and are arguably better at it given that they usually have less instruments to convey the mood. (Maybe a couple of guitars and a keyboard as opposed to a full orchestra)

Some more modern composers that spring immediately to mind:

Lennon and McCartney

Elton and Bernie

Mark Knopfler

Katie Melua and Mike Batt

I am sure there are more too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to detract from the abilities of the older composers - but music is such a complex thing. Anyway, I've waffled enough!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Dog walked, coffee drunk, paint and PVA flung at the layout extension, now what? Oh yes Febex at Alton with those that take things seriously from the gang of five. Plumbing, rugby, food and drink, pah deeble excuse! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

I spent most of the morning since getting up at 7 feeding girls, dressing, showers, baths... its a busy life here.

I have got the lights on my 170 working - it displays either red both ends (f0 off), driving directional day and night, door lights on F3. P_Harmon did a fantastic job :)

• RMweb Gold

Hello

The fog has now gone and it is sunny. I haven't done much this morning. Postman rang the bell early as Matthew's Star Trek game was too big to go through the letterbox.

Tony