The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

I woke up to thick fog, but that cleared during the drive to work - leaving a rather nice autumnal morning with clear blue sky, but chilly.

We had quite a quiet weekend, I managed to get some more modelling done and made a start painting the bridge. I'll have to take another look at it tonight, but I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

Oh well - Have a good day everyone...

Morning all. Could definitely do with the early night tonight that I failed to get last night because of the golf...

Getting funny SQL messages when I try to access the site from my phone but works fine on the laptop.

Looks like it might be a pleasant day here too.

Morning all....What a fantastic day yesterday turned out to be. Almost dead and buried at the start, the Europeans provided one of the most exciting TV sporting events I have seen in years. Somewhat bleary eyed this morning, but I'm sure I'll get going soon.

Hoping to get back in the railway groove this morning. Whatever you're up to today, have a good one...

• Like 1

Morning all, up late last night (bad insomnia), so managed to finish the scratchbuilt GWR Siphon (all bar some weathering and "making good"). Didn't manage to take any pictures, will do so tonight and post on thread.

Am I pleased with it? No, not really, very much an "Arthur Daily" bodged affair, but I suppose that as I will have to scratchbuild stock for my GWR layout I have to start somewhere... What will I do with it? Chucking it at the wastebin first comes to mind, but I'll await the verdict of fellow modellers before deciding upon its (grisly???) fate.

On a more positive note, I have booked my yearly return flight to Birmingham for the Warley show. I have to get up very early on the Saturday to catch the 07:15 flight from ZRH to BHX. But for a mere £165 return (all in), I can't complain.

Edited by iL Dottore

Well done, Europe.

(Never thought I'd be saying that!).

HOW I ACHIEVED MY OWN GOLFING REPUTATION.

Apart from Crazy Golf and some drunken moments on Driving Ranges, I'm not a Golfer.

However my friendly Bank Manager (years ago) gave me a present of a putter and one of those metal flappy things as a target.

I took it out onto our (then) rather bumpy lawn put the metal thing down and putted from fifteen yards straight into it.

The bank manager applauded and said the dreaded words "do it again".

Much to my amazement I did.

I modestly collected the flappy metal thing and poured us another G&T before he recovered.

I've not lifted a putter since.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Up early again this morning, to take my wife's car to the garage to sort out a problem with the 'engine management system'.

Sometimes I wish for the good old days of a distributor and a simple carburetor system, and 2 valves per cylinder.

My son and i can do all the mechanical work, brakes clutches gearbox changes etc, but as soon as it is governed my that computer chip, we're stuffed.

Still enough moaning. It was a nice 40 minute walk back, on a sunny autumn morning.

The rest of the morning will be taken up with stripping all the 7/8ths track off the old layout boards boards, and measuring up the allocated garden plot for the new 1:12 scale empire.

Now, do I try and strip the track off as panels, or break it down into its component parts?

Decisions, decisions!

Regards

Richard

Morning all.

Getting funny SQL messages when I try to access the site from my phone but works fine on the laptop.

Me too! No luck on the iPhone but fine on the PC! Other sites (eg Facebook) were OK. Weird.

Hence, a late check in on here this morning on a bright morn in Torbay with rain forecast for later.

• RMweb Gold

Me too! No luck on the iPhone but fine on the PC! Other sites (eg Facebook) were OK. Weird.

There is a mention of the iPhone problem in the faults section of the website. Something to do with mobile skins. A fix depends on the software update according to the message.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mornin all.

Most of sport is a mystery to me. I listened to the Radio 5 report of the Golf last night. I couldn't make head nor tail of which ball had to fall down which hole, but I could sense the excitement and I gather everyone here is very pleased with the result. Well done to those who played well and realised their dreams.

What I couldn't understand is that Gordon told me I should be supporting the blue German player rather than the red American. Why? I have no particular leanings towards either country. And what does "support" mean in this context? What difference does it make who I support, and how does the player know that I'm supporting them?

Martin.