The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I think it makes a stunning backdrop to the F1, but there again I think most cityscapes at night look stunning.

Singapore will be my first stop on the grand retirement mega holiday in 2014.

Blimy Lisa, It's STILL mid Winter like here in Cape Town. A real EVERYTHING GREY and miserable looking (and feeling) day WITH water falling on my head if I put it out of doors. You may have it with pleasure!

Nice to see your 13 truck train again!

Dunno where you are Lisa but winter has struck in the Thames Valley so it's definitely moving southwards (well not proper winter as yet but then we didn't have much of a proper summer either).

Unfortunately, I'm a little too far south (Australia) for nature to help much in the next few months.

Blimy Lisa, It's STILL mid Winter like here in Cape Town. A real EVERYTHING GREY and miserable looking (and feeling) day WITH water falling on my head if I put it out of doors. You may have it with pleasure!

Nice to see your 13 truck train again!

Oh, I'll take rain too thanks. :)

Early spring and the weather's already in the mid 30s (°C), urgh.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

NIce to see Ian back with us after an enforced internet-free problem - often faults are in software, and if a fix is run, the service can come back at odd times when the fix completes.

Wow - a rare event, a visit from Lisa - long time no hear.

Weather today is turning iffy, and when I took Lily for her morning walk, it was dry but very blowy. When she was asked to "fetch" this was the outcome....

post-103-0-20925400-1348413480_thumb.jpg

I'd love to become a slob again, but there's no hope as 30747 won't let me. As to cooking, I made an Indian meal today - Korma for me, and Tikka for herself - dead easy - buy it in Morrison's, 25 minutes in over for the trays with the curry and rice, fifteen for the bhajee, and five for the Naan.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 4

Modeling done for today and Dinner's cooking. Weather now nice, so after Dinner will go out onto the veranda (patio?) with a glass of single Malt Whisky and a Cuban cigar and contemplate life for 30 minutes before watching the Dr Who episode I've taped.

Today, life is acceptably adequate.

Enjoy the evening one and all.

iD

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My son has just moved to Brisbane, so far he's enjoying the weather.

But it will soon be getting hot - although it gets an awful lot hotter further out in the country. Getting out of an aircon car into something well in excess of 35 degreesC is a bit of a hammer blow but it was even hotter going from that into a baker's shop to get some hot pies for a snack (well why should the weather interfere with eating?).

But it will soon be getting hot - although it gets an awful lot hotter further out in the country. Getting out of an aircon car into something well in excess of 35 degreesC is a bit of a hammer blow but it was even hotter going from that into a baker's shop to get some hot pies for a snack (well why should the weather interfere with eating?).

Tell me about it. We had temperatures like that around New York this Summer......you don't have to go far from Blighty to get hot.

It's worse getting back into the Car when it's impossible to touch the steering wheel.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Got back from Carlisle about an hour ago, Matt now has a banded bamboo snake and I am £15 lighter. The trip up was good, fine weather and sunshine if a little windy but coming back got dodgy over the hills a bit of tree in the road as well as heavy rain and puddles with streams across the road. Just to finish things off fog not much but enough to remind you why it isn't pleasant.

• RMweb Premium
...here comes the rain again...

Isn't nature wonderful? Just when you are wondering why your grass seed isn't making the slightest effort to grow, you realise it is all part of a master plan. It's about to be washed away.

Martin.

• Like 1

Morning All,

Penultimate day of my holiday today(Sunday), started with rain, & lots of flooded roads causing one or two diversions ended with watery sunshine, made up for from this view from our hotel room window at Halifax Int Airport. Lots of fall colours about today though, and a trip to Peggy's Cove is on the cards for Monday morning

For some reason I can't check-in on line, even though KLM sent me a reminder email telling me too! Fly out Monday afternoon & get back to Lagos, Tuesday evening.....then I have 22 containers arriving Wed / Thurs..........including some that went on a trip round the Indian ocean as some how some one forgot to unload them when the ship first got to Lagos......

Enjoy your day,

Trev.

Morning All,

Penultimate day of my holiday today(Sunday), started with rain, & lots of flooded roads causing one or two diversions ended with watery sunshine, made up for from this view from our hotel room window at Halifax Int Airport. Lots of fall colours about today though, and a trip to Peggy's Cove is on the cards for Monday morning

For some reason I can't check-in on line, even though KLM sent me a reminder email telling me too! Fly out Monday afternoon & get back to Lagos, Tuesday evening.....then I have 22 containers arriving Wed / Thurs..........including some that went on a trip round the Indian ocean as some how some one forgot to unload them when the ship first got to Lagos......

Enjoy your day,

Trev.

post-4282-0-03775800-1348447309.jpg

• Like 1

Morning all,

The Berlin trip was successful and I arrived back on Saturday evening.

Yesterday afternoon I popped over to Egelsbach for a cup of coffee with a friend who flies Helicopters. A DC3 was also visiting and doing sightseeing flights. What a sight and sound when that was taking off and landing!

Have a good day everyone...

Hello, still partly cloudy but not miserable looking like yesterday and no rain in prospect.

Oh dear, Trev's first holiday in decades is coming to an end. Enjoy your last day Trev.

Today is George's actual 7th birthday. Will he be taking cake to school? We did almost throughout my school years.

In senior school it was consumed during Geograpy class. I'm not sure whether the Geography teacher had a sweet tooth or just welcomed the distraction.

He was easily distracted, especially by Rugby discussion and we had great fun starting him off..