The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I see Patricia has gone on her hols now Mike has come home.....

http://www.marinetra...10&type_color=9

Not to be mentioned to Mrs Stationmaster (and I'm somewhat miffed as the only OS map I'd packed was 'Penzance and the Scilly Isles', couldn't get Sheet 157 before leaving home alas) - however no doubt those who were looking forward to a run to the Bay of Biscay are also a bit disappointed.

• RMweb Gold

And if you click on Patricia's destination "Crow Sound" it appears to be in Canada. Perhaps the errant buoy is being delivered!

It's in the Scilly Isles ..

As far as the errant buoy is concerned the view onboard seemed to be that if the Canadians wanted it back they could come and get it (and probably also be charged for its clean-up ) otherwise it would be sold for scrap as it's no use to Trinity House.

post-6859-0-07554300-1347660607_thumb.jpg

Morning all,

Belated happy birthday Mick. Internet access is a bit limited here (and I thought that Ng was bad!) Hotels that advertise "Internet available" .....should add the word "Sometimes" !

This little chap helped us eat a box of fresh blue-berries:

post-4282-0-70725800-1347661115.jpg

• Like 4

Internet access is a bit limited here (and I thought that Ng was bad!) Hotels that advertise "Internet available" .....should add the word "Sometimes" !

I'm surprised, Trev. It's a long time since I've been in a hotel in Canada that didn't have free, reliable internet. We even stayed in one in Longueuil, Quebec which supplied a computer in each room as well! Apart from that, I hope you're enjoying your Canadian trip.

• RMweb Gold

Not so early today. Misty start has cleared to quite promising, although likely to be some cloud all day for the next few days, it seems. Quite chilly outside, although 18" thick walls and double glazing help, so heating isn't having to do much yet. Really hope to get a bit more done on layout today. Tomorrow will be big clearup day, as have insurance man coming to talk re Deb's outstanding crash claim Monday p.m., and a brother is coming to stay for a couple of nights from Tuesday. Hope your day goes well, everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

It looks like a really nice day here but I suspect it is cooler than it looks. I haven't been out yet!

I'll be going to Shenfield to the railway exhibition at some stage today. Usually I take Robbie for a walk before I set off to exhibitions but Aditi will take him today. She didn't manage to go for a swim on her way home yesterday (everyone senior to her went home early due to feeling unwell, so Aditi had a longer day than planned) so walking the dog will be alternative exercise. I don't think she will accompany Robbie if he decides to swim!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, sunny start to the day not an away day to Carlisle after all, they cannot decide whether or not DD1 has passed her second year until the 21st registration day 17th something about a brewery......

Matthew's final grade for his second year will be half of what he got in Leicester and half of his grade from Calgary. He is effectively doing a second second year. What I thought was unusual was the amount of group work in Matthew's second year at Leicester. About a third of the marks were awarded in group marked tasks.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Eye test for No 1 son ( the one with autism & recent epilepsy ) then haircuts for us both and No 2 son.

Sun is shining, occasional clouds are white & fluffy, wind is very light.

Cat doesn't appreciate being taken for a walk.

• Like 1

"Cat doesn't appreciate being taken for a walk. "

The 'feral' cat follows me - about five yards behind.

If I turn to look she pretends she isn't.

Now an accepted sight around the village.

Anyone want to see some French Trains/Trams?

I've just made a DVD for a friend just returned from Nice.

Matthew's final grade for his second year will be half of what he got in Leicester and half of his grade from Calgary. He is effectively doing a second second year. What I thought was unusual was the amount of group work in Matthew's second year at Leicester. About a third of the marks were awarded in group marked tasks.

Tony

I have mixed feelings about this. When I was teaching on BTEC ONC and HNC courses we were required to assess the students in group work. This reflects reality, in that generally we work as part of a group, but it also reflects reality in that good people in poor groups will be pulled down (and may go under) whereas "passengers" will be carried by good groups and appear better than they should.

I have to say that I don't think we reached a satisfactory method of doing this, and would be interested how the uni's are going about it.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, not the happiest of hippo's this morning.

Crawled out of bed, and miserable I won't be getting to either EM gauge North or Steam this weekend. (I had planned to do one of the two).

Came back from a weeks cruise of Scandinavia with a hacking cough and no energy: Doctor tells me I've got pneumonia (again)!

The antibiotics don't seem to be having much effect at present, and to cap it all, my father took a tumble and was admitted to hospital on Friday.

Still, on the up side, my enforced captivity allows me to revisit many railway related books and magazines...........Ffairfach is looking very appealing as yet another possible P4 layout

http://www.s-r-s.org.uk/html/gwm/S2132.htm

Regards

Richard

Late on parade again so a belated 'morning all',

Get well soon Richard, can't be much fun for you, hope it goes away asap.

Lovely sunny day here, been out to do some gardening chores and felt the sun on our backs, very nice. Girding my loins ready for work around tea time but I'm sure the shift will go by in a haze, having just looked at Andy Y's post re the Dapol Western... I'm booked into the loop at Ashchurch for a while so I dare say I'll be sketching plans for a WR layout on the back of the Tops list till the NR bods want to drop their new bits of rail in the four foot!

Enjoy the rest of the days folks ;)

Edited by Rugd1022

Afternoon all,

Was doing some consolidation of work here in sunny Sidcup, when I heard a familiar sound.

Is that a... I wondered, and looked out to see this dark shape in the distance...so it was...rushing out to the front of the house, no camera, no nothing, mother, father, son and lodgers stood at the front of the house gazing at the magnificent aircraft thunder directly over our heads and down towards Sidcup Hill and beyond...

...a day which has been exhausting in terms of paperwork for the job, company and helping my father sort his papers, made perfect by the sight of a Lancaster bomber, four engines humming perfectly, fly past.

Sent shivers down my spine, in a good way.

• Like 7