The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, It be a grey un out there. Have the joys of taking youngest to a "1 to 1" meeting with his tutor this morning. Of course we asked for a meeting at 8:30 but youngest being a testosterone fueled dingbat probably didn't return the requisite form and announces this morning that his appointment is at 9:50. Amazing how the schools have introduced this system whereby the whole things is made more convenient for the school and a total pain in the butt for everyone else. Thankfully as he is in year 11 this should(!) be the last one. Complete waste of time.

DD, those are green round things. I looked it up on Wikithingy.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning.

It is quite warm here today, no chance of snow or ice. A bin bag has been placed outside so the next exciting thing could be the new electric kettle arriving. One day someone will design one that is easy to fill, boils water and pours properly. The one we have did all that but the lid has broken. The new one has a three year guarantee so hopefully it will last that long. If it doesn't I'll just keep getting the cheapest model from Tesco.

Tony

Morning all. A little bit of a lie-in for me as I'm off to see the nurse at 9.50 for my 6-monthly blood pressure check.

Started making marmalade last night as one colleague had given me spare seville oranges and another spare jam jars. Nearly succeeded in taking the tips off two fingers. Could have had blood orange marmalade. :rolleyes: As it is, only one sliced finger, a scored nail and one sticking plaster...

the next exciting thing could be the new electric kettle arriving. One day someone will design one that is easy to fill, boils water and pours properly. The one we have did all that but the lid has broken. The new one has a three year guarantee so hopefully it will last that long. If it doesn't I'll just keep getting the cheapest model from Tesco.

Tony

Oh yes - been there done that - who the hell designs these things, and do they ever actually try them out? They either are awkward to fill or dribble when you pour them out - Our current one is a Phillips and is average, but certainly not the best we have had angry.gif The trouble with a three year warranty is that you feel you are stuck with the thing if it is cr@p - and of course there is no means of "Try before you buy"!

Forget the 3 year warranty, etc. Electrical goods are covered by a six year rule:

http://www.motorcaravanning.com/vehicles/sixyear_rule.htm

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues-media/201196-eu-law-gives-consumers.html (this latter takes a bit of reading before you get to the bit about England and Wales!

• Like 1

A happy ending:

I bid and won a church on Ebay and then had problems because the seller took his time posting it.

This morning THIS turned up!

Although to scale, it's more like a Cathedral and the detail is exceptional.

Does anyone recognise the manufacturer because I want some more!

Imagine what it will look like when it's painted up!

post-7041-12651987782314_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Forget the 3 year warranty, etc. Electrical goods are covered by a six year rule:

http://www.motorcaravanning.com/vehicles/sixyear_rule.htm

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues-media/201196-eu-law-gives-consumers.html (this latter takes a bit of reading before you get to the bit about England and Wales!

Thank you. I'm still pursuing a fridge claim! Anyway I really hope this kettle will last. I can really irritate my wife whenever we get something new by asking if this is the last one we will ever need to buy as we are getting old now. I'm only teasing but but it does take her a moment or two to realise it.

The kettle fills, boils the water and pours nicely. It was sufficiently expensive to keep my wife happy. Downside, it is heavy and the handle is red. I don't care about the handle colour but I wonder if Mrs S will comment that nothing else in the kitchen is red. Should I place a ketchup bottle nearby to prevent problems?

Dog has been impatiently waiting for his morning (now pm) walk so I'd better go.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Dd, glad you have identified it. I wonder if any of my old Triang buildings (signal box, station) survive in the loft. I didn't have the Triang church though. My father made up the Airfix village church kit in about 1960. It must have been a new release then.

Tony

Maybe a load for a wagon?

Toxic Waste?

Those are strange women with whom Admin Andel is familiar.

Hate to tell you this, I'm not an admin - I'm just a technical support. I support Andy where he needs it which I have to say isn't that often. I think he keeps me about for the "just in case" lol....

I got in at 18:30 having picked up my dry cleaning - job done, cooked dinner by 1930, wash #1 child, get #2 and #3 off to sleep on my front and all good. Can't believe the twins are 6 weeks old.

• RMweb Gold

I've had quite a pleasant evening. After a successful installation and commissioning of the new kettle (including telling my wife about it, she was happy once she knew I'd got it from John Lewis!), I decided to install some Peco solenoid motors on the narrow gauge turnouts while watching television with Matthew.

Tony

Having been told off for yesterday's absence, thought I'd check in early this morning.....02.48....tongue.gif

Nowhere near as poorly as some on here, but my sleep is all over the place. Wide awake once again, so up to make tea and hope I can relax.

Took a while to catch up on all the trials and tribulations of all. Never a dull moment on here...icon_wink.gif

Good morning all.

Welcome back Gordon.

That certainly was EARLY rising!

Very nice church Dd.

Still very pleasant weather (unlike most on here).

Saturday going to the optomotrist for a check up. It's 3 years since the last update and I can tell my eyesight has deteriorated since so will no doubt need new prescription.

All the better to see you with my dear!

I hope all the patients are recovering!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

ears are clear again and today I'll see my oculist for a checkup. Now that temps outside are above freezing the snow is starting to melt - yesterday an avalanche came down from the roof and crushed a bush in the garden :blink: .

See y'all later, then :) .

not a lot of fog here but then I live by the sea side so it rolls in, rolls out - much like Tiger Woods with his lovers.

Off to Thurrock today following a very nice 6 hrs sleep thanks to #1 daughter sleeping like... well, not like a baby (of which both of them woke every two hours). I'm having to agree with my wife Natasha - she does have it hard. She has chosen to feed the twins naturally and with that comes some downsides... namely cracks around the nipple. I'm normally reasonably sympathetic but for that one I sat her down, made her a cuppa and retrieved a couple of chocolate digestives from my hiding place...

Hopefully my Dad should be turning up tonight from Nottingham, too - busy day ahead....

Hope everyone else has a good 'un

Morning All,

Feeling in a pretty good mood today - although the weather is leaving rather a lot to be desired. It is foggy this morning, and the snow has turned to mush following all the rain over the past couple of days.

Very glad to hear that the patients are recovering. I think you need to consider yourself lucky that you have cute bronchitis Mick - just imagine how bad it would have been if it wasn't cute :icon_lol:

At the moment, I am sitting here in my office drinking a cup of coffee, eating a pain au chocolat and contemplating a day of meetings.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave: