The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest 838rapid

Morning guys. was sure it was gone 9,turned tv on and it said it was 8.17 odd moment,then realised was on plus 1.

Hope everything goes ok today Ian,time to remember the good times and celebrate the life passed.

Will be having a quiet moment for you,

God Bless You x

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

I did'nt bother calling in yesterday even after the outage was sorted .

Looks like Mike is slowly heading in my direction at the moment , I might venture

up to the sea front and see if I can see him leaning over the rails . :bad:

Wishing you well for today Ian , as stated , you will not be alone but surrounded by all

of your ER friends and no doubt many others .

• Like 1

Morning all.

I didn't get on first thing. Having taken the little guy to school I got stuck in two traffic jams. One for roadworks and one for an accident involving an unfortunate motorcyclist. That meant having to hit the ground running when I got to work.

Fingers crossed for you today Ian.

• Like 1

Having found RMweb up late yesterday afternoon, I then promptly ran out of CAPS.

Got a resupply this morning whilst out doing Bank business, so only just logged on now.

Ian very much to the fore of my mind. I think service is over by now. Best wishes Ian..

It rained overnight but Sun is out now and blue sky inbetween white clouds.

Gordon, have read your philosophical post in your layout thread and studied the new plan.

Does that mean the recent points built into the storage yard are once again redundant and you will be starting again?

Forget the award from the Timber Merchants Guild, there's now one on it's way from the rail manufacturer's Association.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Having found RMweb up late yesterday afternoon, I then promptly ran out of CAPS.

Got a resupply this morning whilst out doing Bank business, so only just logged on now.

Ian very much to the fore of my mind. I think service is over by now. Best wishes Ian..

Hi

I think you are correct about the funeral as 11am in France would be 10 in the UK.

What are CAPS? I don't think it could be school or baseball, or a shortage of upper case letters. Googling CAPS and South Africa didn't help me much either!

Hi Tony,

I asked Tim what the term was for the volume of download I was allowed and he said it was Caps. I meant the megawhatsits that the Service Provider allows me to use before I get thrown off the Internet.. At the flat I had an ADSL line with 50 mehawhatsits a month. Here at the home I am on their system and am working on a trial and error basis until I find out how much/many thingies I use in a month .

Tim took me to the Bank this morning to register my change of address and set up Stop Orders for my board and lodging and intenet access here.also cancelled my ADSL line It took TWO hours!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Ian, I'm sure I speak for all ERs when I say we'll continue to be there for you whenever you may need a sounding board in the weeks and months to come.

The sky had been hung with thick grey clouds from about noon onwards, but the sun has burned through once again, so with the North Sea breeze rushing through the pines, this moment does have symbolic value to me.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The 2nd Twenty-20 game this afternoon/evening. According to my TV program coverage is from our time 7:00 pm until 11:00.

Far too late for me. My bedtime is 10:00 pm. Any body else planning to watch?

I may watch. Though the dinner I'm doing tonight needs watching carefully so my attention will be elsewhere for awhile. I did wonder if your internet usage was capped but probably confused myself wondering if it was a SA specific term.

Perhaps the T20 match will not last as long as predicted anyway!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Firstly, I was sending supportive thoughts towards France this morning, and I hope they were received. Ian - I do hope that things went as well as they could, and I was pleased to see your update on how the funeral went. Don't forget that for the bad days, we will be here to offer whatever support we can - I know we've said it before, but there's no harm in saying it again. We'll also be here for the good days.

Update on the weather here in Lancaster - it's raining, and I got totally soaked walking from work to the car (and I had to wait for the deluge to moderate to a downpour).

Not long in, and dinner's just ready, so

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

Gordon, have read your philosophical post in your layout thread and studied the new plan.

Does that mean the recent points built into the storage yard are once again redundant and you will be starting again?

Forget the award from the Timber Merchants Guild, there's now one on it's way from the rail manufacturer's Association.

So Don, I didn't answer your question. Possibly...:-)

I have no hang up with that decision as pointwork has little cost in components. It's all labour and time and in my world, zero cost. The upside of Templot is that you can get some wonderful flowing trackwork. The downside is every turnout is custom built, so change the plan and you have to make new turnouts. I've probably got the best part of 100 kicking around from earlier layouts, all of which may be just a few mm out, but can't be used in a Templot plan. OK you can lay the turnouts and tweak flexi track to fit and might get away with it in a small branch, but if everything is to truly flow into a large terminus, then every radius and crossing angle has to be perfect. The plug and play fun of RTR track is a world away from Templot. That's both a positive and negative.....