The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

While on the topic of shopping I read today about the 24 year old woman who was asked for proof of age as she tried to buy a slice of quiche last week. I bought Evo Stik today and didn't get any enquiry about my age.

• RMweb Premium

For those among you who can read German: A SBB train driver was attacked and severely beaten by an unknown passenger at Zell im Wiesental on the Basle S-Bahn network, which also reaches into Germany, due to the train in question being five minutes late. The committer fled the scene, stating he would kill the next driver whose train was running late. The police continue to be looking for him while the driver had to be hospitalized.

Click.

:angry:

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if the salt that is getting short in Germany is that salt that was diverted to UK roads last month? I've visited the salt mines in Germany and Austria in the 1980s and they seemed to have quite a lot of it then.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Jack (Shortliner):

Yes, it did interest me, although this made me laugh:

"Burning Room, Made of wood, nylon, plexiglass, purchased dollhouse furniture. The model was actually set on fire to achieve this effect."

I suppose it would be a "well done" item rather than "Rare" if sold on on Ebay.

• RMweb Gold

I got home at 18:40 - dinner, wash daughter #1 down, check over my new ztc decoder... hmmmm - beer time.

I did my decoder (a TCS 6pin) inspecting after tea and porridge this morning. I did intend to do some railway modelling this evening but Matthew and I watched television. He has now got past the age of needing even to be told to wash fortunately.My wife rang earlier from somewhere in Hampshire to check we were eating properly and to ask what we were eating tomorrow. Matthew has negotiated lasagne.

Tony

I thought that it was 'r's they had difficulty with and replaced the 'r' with 'l', and not the other way around.

Happy hump day everyone.

Will ALL patients please report on their current condition!

Gordon S didn't report in yesterday!

Do you think the lurgy has got hold of his typing finger?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Slightly above freezing outside at 1.3 - haven't been able to see yet whether there may have been any additional snow yet. Need to revisit my GP today as they needed to do some arrangements first.

See you all later, then ;) .

Morning All,

The snow turned to rain towards the end of the afternoon yesterday - and it has been raining ever since.

No more snow on the roads to speak of.

While on the topic of shopping I read today about the 24 year old woman who was asked for proof of age as she tried to buy a slice of quiche last week. I bought Evo Stik today and didn't get any enquiry about my age.

I wonder why she would have needed to be over 18 to buy quiche?!? :unsure:

For those among you who can read German: A SBB train driver was attacked and severely beaten by an unknown passenger at Zell im Wiesental on the Basle S-Bahn network, which also reaches into Germany, due to the train in question being five minutes late.

Unbelievable! There are some really unstable people out there.

I wonder if the salt that is getting short in Germany is that salt that was diverted to UK roads last month? I've visited the salt mines in Germany and Austria in the 1980s and they seemed to have quite a lot of it then.

Well, I tried to get some salt for the pavements the other day and all the local DIY shops had sold out. I ended up buying lava stone chippings which are quite effective when the snow is down as they provide grip on the snow, rather than melting it - but they are a terrible mess to clear up once the snow has gone. There was talk of a shortage of salt in Hessen a couple of weeks ago - but the news story died a death, so I guess they must have got some from somewhere. The roads have been gritted fine.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all I should finish my pills today see the GP this afternoon and return to work tomorrow all being well. There is a bit of snow on the floor but nothing of school closing depth.

Edited by skipepsi

cut the join and find a willing female... you could use them to see if they make nice household ornaments....

Or nipple tassles, its up to you.

Off I go for another fun day of concessionary fares and stuff!

Tony: Anna (#1) is only 2 but she normally washes herself quite well. Very impressive.

Todays bad joke: To fall in line with the European Single Monetary system, from April 6th we will no longer be allowed to say "spending a penny". The new term will be "Euronating".

• RMweb Premium

Unbelievable! There are some really unstable people out there.

An item on a Swiss news page stated that another train driver was attacked at Emmendingen the same evening. However, the police do not assume that this incident involved the attacker from Zell.

I rarely venture outside ERs, Don.

A lot of the forum seems to be monopolised by that RSS Fetcher fellow and we haven't been introduced.

Whatever they are, they will be something else when I've finished with them.

Presently I'm bashing a Hornby Water Tower into yet another Church.