The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

On newer computer now.

All running smoothly except:

HP have stopped downloads for Mac for my HP monitor (20" w2007v) so it's working on a wing and a prayer and not the definition I'm used to seeing.

Will sort it later.

One or two teething problems. I can't seem to organise the bookmarks as I want them.

Any difficulties are because my Luddite outlook isn't interested in what goes on behind the keyboard.

• Like 1

I'm sure she will recive better care in hospital than a group of track marshalls at Silverstone

could manage . Not that they dont do a brilliant job .

Though if I ever had a head injury, Silverstone's the place I'd want to be, particularly if Prof Sid Watkins was in the vicinity...

• RMweb Gold

Evening all been a very pleasant day in 'ampsher. Not much going on, just a few goodbyes and lasts coming up - big family do on Sunday to say au revoir to Jamie, Jeena and Josh before they head off to Australia. Unfortunately it's going to be goodbye for my mum as it's unlikely she will see them again. Still, you bring your kids up with high hopes that they will make a better fist of it than you have, I really hope they make a go of it (and I want a damn good holiday there in 2014....)

Today's offices:

post-6683-0-99892100-1346342159_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-62030500-1346342191_thumb.jpg

Have a good one.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Albert's been bold and been exploring the kitchen. Neither he nor Trude have wandered outside the living room for several months, but appear to have become curious once again.

300812-1volmy.jpg

Though when watching him, you can tell he is proceeding with caution on the smooth parquet floor.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is that a new driver on the Mid Hants?

A bittersweet occasion on so many levels Phil. I hope it's not too upsetting for your mum and that they are successful in what they plan to do. You can tell them how proud you and your mum are when you go on holiday.

• RMweb Gold

Despite all your good wishes, the news ain't great. A very gentle young intern came in this afternoon and explained that the scan shows the cancer has returned - on Deb's liver. At this stage I have no idea what this means in terms of expectation, although he said Deb had responded well to the previous course of chemo-therapy, so that might be the case again.

I do not propose to go into all the details over the next few days and weeks, but no doubt will feel compelled to say headline-y things now and again.

• RMweb Premium

We'll be here when you need to bounce your thoughts off someone, Ian. I also continue to send Deb and you the best wishes from my end, and hope that whatever kind of treatment may now be called for, it shall be effective and not have too much of a negative impact.

• Like 2

You must both be devastated. My thoughts really are with you both and let's hope Deb is once again able to respond to treatment.

Try and keep positive through these difficult times and feel free to share whatever thoughts you may have Ian.

All the best to you both.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't know what time zone I'm in.

We set off at 5 Thursday morning to take Matthew to Gatwick. I was a bit tired anyway as I've been having a mild colitis flare this week but I've just been having text and BBM chats with Matthew who is now in Calgary ("awesome" apparently). He has managed to lock out his Post Office credit card so I've moved some of his money into his UK debit card account so he'll have access to enough cash. Since getting off the plane early this afternoon he has opened a Canadian bank account and got a new phone. I think he is going to be happy there. He has already changed his location to Calgary on his Facebook page. He hasn't mentioned the hotel yet but as long as it is gecko free (I think he may be a bit phobic about them, not as bad as clowns but...) he should be OK.

I don't think I'll be doing much more today (Friday!).

Ian, others have said it all, but you will both be in my thoughts, lets hope there will be a positive out come.

Last Friday here (Ng) for a while, this time next week I should be driving East through the Rockies (though I seem to think there's a rail museum on the way..Revelstoke) Heading, eventually to Halifax.

Try to enjoy the day folks.

Trev

• Like 1

Ian and Deb`s health situation/concerns, have certainly reminded me that some of us are VERY fortunate indeed, to lead such 'uncomplicated' and relatively-easy daily lives........would that many would take time to appreciate the fact!

I know I speak for us all here, when I say: "Get well soon, Deb." :yes:

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Cloudy and fairly cool at the moment, but predicted to be warmer by Monday. I'll have to pick up two books from the library, but aside from that, nothing to report as of yet.

Have a good one, or at least try to do so!

Morning All,

Definitely! Debs couldn't have said it better - get well soon, Deb.

Around here, it is quite a nice sunny morning. However, there is a faint hint of Autumn in the air.

I was very annoyed to hear on the radio this morning that some brainless idiot has been stretching wires across cycle paths in the forest near here. I must be more careful when I am out on my bike. Yesterday - a mountain biker hit one of these and was knocked off her bike. She said she was lucky to be wearing a helmet - otherwise she would likely as not be dead. The police are investigating and have also discovered that somebody (probably the same moron) has also been spreading tacks on the cycle paths. Some people really make me shake my head.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very nice blue sky but rather breezy.

I don't intend to do much today, take Aditi to the station (she has a meeting to attend in Westminster) and I'll take Robbie down to the park later.

Tony