The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

nice weather here at present and the start to the day helped by a 'proper' breakfast. Must pop out for the 'papers before too long then I really must communicate with DD at some point today.

Ah, and thanks for that Mike (Sidecar) - Stu's name duly noted for the future although it would probably be no good inviting him up here as he usually seems to spend all his time talking to Mrs Stationmaster about 'the west'. Good to here Gordon's back at work, interesting stuff French track :jester:

Hope all is going well for Ian and Deb, fingers remaining crossed.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, nice and bright here. Just done the monthly Tesco thing, recovering with a capuccino (freshly ground beans and all) before resuming my J & J activities on the Metcalfe station buildings. Quite pleased with the way it's turning out, one of the things that has made it easier is printing the Scalescenes stuff onto self adhesive label paper - no mess and sticks well. Might upload a photo when it's done (complete with 'Proper modellers look away now' warning)

Modern technology - my son and family are emigrating to Oz on Wednesday week and, both being rugby fans, we were discussing the Tri Nations series. We discussed how bizarre it's going to be to be both watching the same match at the same time at opposite ends of the world yet to be able to communicate almost instantly via Skype, Whatsapp etc. whilst doing so. I love it!

Edited by PhilH

• RMweb Gold

Modern technology - my son and family are emigrating to Oz on Wednesday week and, both being rugby fans, we were discussing the Tri Nations series. We discussed how bizarre it's going to be to be both watching the same match at the same time at opposite ends of the world yet to be able to communicate almost instantly via Skype, Whatsapp etc. whilst doing so. I love it!

It really is a strange feeling being able to communicate round the globe like that. When I was working in Sydney I used to 'phone herself everyday - the 11 hour time difference made that quite easy - and using a thing called a 'Victory Phonecard', which cost very little, I just had to dial in a long code and it cost just under £1 per hour to phone home.

one of the things that has made it easier is printing the Scalescenes stuff onto self adhesive label paper - no mess and sticks well.

What a great idea! Thanks for that...

...and French track looks very much like English, Mike. ;)

I use a prefix code in the UK for International calls...08447 202020. Wait for the recorded message and then dial the International number. Most calls are 1p per minute in Europe and the US/Canada.

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Hang on there......

....back on a computer that picture is appearing as he winking smiley. On the mobile version on my iPhone it is appearing as Debs.

Debs!!! What are you doing in my iPhone?!!!!

Are you sure you're not on one of those chat lines?......

Well these don't look very French, Mike. Four and a half hours later and three are complete. One is 6' and the other two 8' radius, so three down and just 68 more to do...

I did enjoy it though, so maybe the modellers blood is starting to course through my veins again. It seemed to start around July 14th... :D

post-6950-0-11215800-1345991401_thumb.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Ok..... Who is playing the wise guy?

It's back to normal* on my iPhone now.

Is someone deliberately trying to drive me bonkers?

*not than I'm implying that Debs isn't normal you understand.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Again, before the drivel, another message of support and good wishes to Ian with renewed hopes that when he meets Deb next week, that all is well, and nothing too serious.

Also, nice pointwork, as ever Gordon. What are you trying to do here, make this into a model railway forum? - as if!

Went to the local antique centre today, as it was raining too hard for a car boot sale, and found that for £1.50 admission, you can find lots of things of car boot quality, but at much inflated prices - in fact, I saw a jug that I sold for two quid at the car boot in May, on sale there at £5.00. Looked at some books as well, and managed to pick up some Ian Allan annuals at a quid each (most dealers want at least three). The same dealer was selling some railway pot boilers (Red for Danger, On The Footplate and the like) all ex library and still with the library index tickets and date labels in them, in not too good condition, for up to a tenner each. Seems that this guy needs some guidance on pricing...but I spent a fiver and filled five gaps in my collection of Railway World yearbooks, so it was a worthwhile visit for me.

Sun is now shining, and 30747, house guest, and Lily wish to go for a walk accompanied by 45156, so I'd better say

Regards to All

Stewart

I did enjoy it though, so maybe the modellers blood is starting to course through my veins again. It seemed to start around July 14th... :D

Hooray!

Have you taken a look at that "Minories" thread lately, Gordon? There's a link to a P4 layout with working point rodding........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Sunny and a little hazy right now, and once again this morning felt a touch autumnal when I looked outside. As I'm now completely flexible in the mornings due to most likely not having any compulsory uni courses yet to take, I'm still awaiting the school to determine which days they might best put me to use, though as this week is set aside for class trips, there probably won't be an awful lot going on.

But first of all, I shall be getting me another cuppa coffee and brekkie...

Edited by 1216 025

Morning All,

The sun is out here, and it looks like it is going to be a reasonable day. However, it was quite misty when I drove to work this morning.

The weekend was quiet - which I am not complaining about!

Have a good day everyone...

Good morning all,

Yesterday I actually over slept (yes i know it was Sunday!) as I had a meeting with one of the directors who returned to the UK last night, he comes back when I've gone on my travels so there was a fair bit to discuss (and he bought lunch) ...........I've just got remember all the instructions to leave him!

Well enjoy you day folks,

Trev