The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

The Landy passed the MoT with flying colours. Another year on the road.

Ian, lets hope its just travel and separation that has you both feeling out of sorts. I frequently lose all appetite when travelling for work and SWMBO tends to not sleep or feel "normal" when I'm away. Maybe its just love. :friends:

Now to spend the rest of the day in the shed laying track.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

First and foremost, a slightly belated good wish for a favourable outcome for Deb, Ian. It's not at all easy when somebody close gets ill, whether major or minor, and Deb has certainly seen more than her fair share of what life can throw at her - so here's hoping that it is just a simple ailment. Keep us posted.

Seondly, Dave, that V2 is quite amazingly weathered (if that's the right word - grottified might be more appropriate), but it's exactly how I remember them when I saw them at Edinburgh or Carlisle.

Thirdly, and no surprises, it's raining again, and Lily has recovered from her day yesterday, and has spent much of the morning getting wet as she goes when nature calls. She's due at the groomer's this afternoon for a shampoo and a tidy up - so we've just let her drip dry today, as she'll be getting a turbo dry later - no doubt as soon as she gets home, she'll go straight for the nearest muddy puddle, and get herself grubby again.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ian.

I've clicked lots of likes too. I think I'd be looking at the Eurostar timetable as well but perhaps the thought of returning home will perk up Deb's appetite. For years on holiday or away from home I didn't feel like eating and just to add to my problem I seemed to have acquired a family that get anxious if they don't know when meals are taking place. (A bit like Tolkien's Hobbits). I lost so much weight one holiday the consultant at Barts sent me for all kinds of investigations. It did amuse me when she told me I was fat at the next visit.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Landy passed the MoT with flying colours. Another year on the road.

Mine did on its first MoT but I was concerned as it had an "advisory" on the handbrake. When it had its next service I asked for the handbrake to be checked and no fault was found. The garage suggested that I should use it just before the next MoT. I did and although it was a year older it was fine this time. Are you going to trade the Freelander in for a the Range Rover Ewok?

• RMweb Gold

A long chat with Deb. Sadly, from a worrying perspective, the symptoms are pretty much like she had when the cancer was diagnosed last year, and although that may mean absolutely nothing it's doing her head in, as you might imagine. Can't say it's doing a lot for mine, either. Latest plan is that I will take da train via Paris to Calais Ville on Tuesday and meet her there. She will only have driven from Cranbrook to the Tunnel - not much more than 30 mins. She's enjoyed the quali for tomorrow's race with the Felbermayr Porsche taking GT pole, Alex Brundle getting P2 pole and Benoit Treluyer in the inevitable Audi being top of the whole heap.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Mine did on its first MoT but I was concerned as it had an "advisory" on the handbrake. When it had its next service I asked for the handbrake to be checked and no fault was found. The garage suggested that I should use it just before the next MoT. I did and although it was a year older it was fine this time. Are you going to trade the Freelander in for a the Range Rover Ewok?

My distant recollection is that because the Landie handbrake doesn't operate on the wheels, but on the transmission, that it is indeed possible to produce problems at an MOT. Certainly yanking it gently on while moving a couple of times will warm it up and move any rust a bit!

• RMweb Gold

My distant recollection is that because the Landie handbrake doesn't operate on the wheels, but on the transmission, that it is indeed possible to produce problems at an MOT. Certainly yanking it gently on while moving a couple of times will warm it up and move any rust a bit!

My Land Rover (and AndrewC's) is a Freelander automatic. Some people with "real" Land Rovers can be quite rude about them! I'm pretty certain that the Freelander handbrake operates its own set of brakes on the rear wheel. As the park setting is supposed to hold at up to 45 degrees I tend not to use the handbrake much in our part of Essex. The garage said lack of use can affect its efficiency.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
As the park setting is supposed to hold at up to 45 degrees I tend not to use the handbrake much in our part of Essex.

So you don't live on the Olympic Mountain Bike Route then?

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

So you don't live on the Olympic Mountain Bike Route then?

Before it was fenced off we did make it that far with the dog once, but left the car in the car park. We were on our way home from our holiday on the Sunday of the mountain bike event and I was listening to a local radio broadcast. The reporter had said he had met some Swiss visitors who were very excited at being able to see the Olympic flame from Hadleigh. He was too kind to tell them it was a gas flare from a refinery.

Tony

• Like 4

This morning, I played on a team that won a BC Senior Games over-60s soccer 'gold' medal. Followed that with a celebration team dinner, in brilliant sunshine, on the patio of an excellent Greek restaurant. A very good day!

(Back to building a set of steps in the front yard tomorrow - not so much fun.)

Hey Ho, I'm first on this morning! Nothing to report, just up early to get a bite to eat before leaving for Mass at 7:15.

The kitchen staff arn't too keen but I do get a plate of flakes, a slice of toast and coffee.

I'd prefer to get porridge on my return, but management say "better for the staff, before"

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Currently sunny out here, but windy an a mixed bag of weather has been forecast for today. We've got an invitation due in the afternoon, so that'll be our programme for the day.

Ian - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It'll sure be the sensible thing to do for you to meet her on her way home in any case.

• Like 1

Morning all. after yesterday's deluge we're tempted to use the left over layout wood to build an ark. Over 15mm in under an hour. I blame the dealership for washing the Landy after its MoT. :O

Tony: no chance of getting an Ewok.They look nice and are actually quite inexpensive compared to a Disco or RR but there isn't enough room in the back for a single stock box. The whole interior feels very cramped. I figure there's at least another 2 years left on the Freelander before I trade it in for a newer one. I think a layout/general junk trailer comes first. SWMBO feels we need to rebuild the bathroom and kitchen first.

Managed to finally get the first permanent points down on the staging modules. Changed my mind again about putting all the pointwork on the curve. Its going to cost me about 2' per track but I can live with slightly shorter trains as a tradeoff for more reliable running. That's about it. Brekkie calls, then a full day of track work in the shed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"living on a hill has advantages sometimes"

But not always.

Our village still holds the British record for the highest fall of snow (8 feet).

Fortunately not during my time here.

It is only a little hill compared to welsh hills it is only a pimple!

Morning all. Happy Sunday. Unfortunately coming under the Scottish system I don't get tomorrow off as a bank holiday.

Chasing my tail a little so far this morning, running round after mischievous 3-yr old... This time next year she'll have just started school.

Back up to Glasgow later today, then Edinburgh.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

the sun's out at the moment but not sure for how long , yesterdays exhibition visit was

as expected so no dissapointments ( one S or two ? ) on that front .

Not sure what the plan is for today but Stu says he wants to come and do some more

ballasting , he seems to enjoy it the fool . :jester:

Right time for brekkie , have a good day .