The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

My MiL does the painting in this family! I don't think any of the rest of us could produce something suitable as a gift.

Tony

Tony,

Since I've shown "Gone for a Soda/Ice" around (on my computer) everyone wants me to give up Castles and Buildings and concentrate on the Jersey Shore - and then wander down the beach selling the things as I go! Pretend to be an itinerant British Bum.

I love the Shore but I think just painting it would drive me crazy.............

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Managed to time it right again, as I got the lawn mower out, and just as I did, the skies opened, and it's now horribly wet (again). We're clearly on the wrong side of the good weather/bad weather divide.

Not a lot to say today though, but stacks of small jobs round the house, so I'm off.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Just heard that Paris will be pushing 40C today which must be unpleasant in those old apartment buildings. Thank God for A/C...

Arnage - a place trisonic Pete wots of, just SW of Le Mans - recorded 37.2 yesterday. I'd say it's even hotter today, but change seems to be on the way. With 24 deg indoors, it needs to, please!

28.2c according to the hobbyist weather station down the road. 33c according to the patio. Too f***ing hot according to SWMBO. A day for cold beer and shade.

I'm the painter in the family. Dulux only. :-)

Don Bradley could think of using the box that the booze came in for a micro layout or even a diorama.

Of course he will then not have a place to store the replacement supply, there's a down-side to every thing!!

• RMweb Gold

Mad dogs and Englishmen famously go out in the midday sun, and I was that bloke, vacuuming the car for the first time in many years. I'd cleaned the outside the other day - first time in 4 years - and after many winters of hay, feed and horse-rugs being conveyed the poor thing was in a right mess inside. I stopped for a long lunchbreak, then resumed, but after about 15 mins the Dyson packed in. I suspect the fuse, but can I get the fuseholder out to inspect - no!

It was looking very stormy half an hour ago, but has passed us by, sadly. A good downpour would be lovely!

• RMweb Gold

"Sorry about your beige carpets, Dad!" :laugh:

We have brown carpets! Quite a good choice with a ditch diving, mud-magnet variety of dog. That photo was taken before he rolled in fresh cow dung. At least the dung washed off when he then jumped in a pond. We drove home with the fans on full blast and the windows open. Fortunately he is quite happy to be hosed down.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not bad... I just read about an incident on the Hamburg-Westerland Railway yesterday where a farm tractor and a trailer loaded with hay bales were passing a level crossing when the trailer broke free from the coupling and got stuck. An approaching IC service to Westerland was able to stop just five metres short of said trailer.

• RMweb Premium

Not bad... I just read about an incident on the Hamburg-Westerland Railway yesterday where a farm tractor and a trailer loaded with hay bales were passing a level crossing when the trailer broke free from the coupling and got stuck. An approaching IC service to Westerland was able to stop just five metres short of said trailer.

Brown trousers all round!

Guest Max Stafford

Definitely too close for comfort!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

22°C even at this time of day, which I guess means we should be prepared for another scorcher. Yesterday had been unbelievable, far as that had been concerned. Temps are predicted to drop to about 27° by Thursday.

Other than that, nothing to report as of yet, so - talk to you later...

GOOD MORNING :mail:

Overcast, grey. Rain forecast.

12 litres of brandy drunk quickly? Death by Alcoholic poioning! i prefer to sip and savour..

I used to have two before supper BUT in my new home the evening meal is served at 5:45! Far too early so am having to change my habits

I hope the new week is kind to all.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very heavy rain passed over last evening but sunny now.

House guests have had their morning walk and breakfast. I will take them for their long walk later

Mad dogs and Englishmen and all that.

It's great to 'babysit' the dogs but I don't think I could have one of my own while I'm working. It would be unfair to it.