The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Good 2 inches plus of snow overnight here. Usual chaos - all shools closed today.

My daughter works in a nursery and is attending an outdoor training day today. 'All weather outdoor activities for young children'. She is both cursing and laughing at the irony of it.

Morning All,

We had about 5cm of snow - but the schools were not closed. My colleagues look at me in disbelief when I mention that the schools close for less in the UK.

Not too much more snow here overnight - just a light dusting

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

I have just cleared the snow off my daughter's car (what else are dads for?) and have reassessed the situation. There are four inches of snow where it has fallen onto flat surfaces such as wall tops and car roofs. For us, on the coast, that is a good dump in just a few hours.

Doesn't 'reassessed' look wrong somehow when typed out?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, beautiful day here at the moment. Just right for, um, well staying in and watching footy on the tv, bit of PS3 and maybe some modelling. I was going to go to Southampton MRC Exhibition but can't be bothered, especially as I've got to put up with eldavo all day tomorrow at Bristol show.....

One comment about the Blair performance - only in this country do we elect people to make decisions on our behalf and then crucify them later if we don't like them. Hindsight is always 20/20.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Very nice weather here, bright and sunny though it is quite cold. I don't know what I'll be doing today but I think my wife wants me to check over her car before she drives down to Hampshire on Monday. It shouldn't take long as I routinely check the fluids and pressures.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright with a sharp chill in the air. As PhilH has decided not to go down to the Southampton show it seems like too good an opportunity to miss, I'll have to find an hour or two. Need some bufferstops is my excuse. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Evening All,

Think I'll stick to Early Risers, having poked a stick in a Hornet's nest over in Prototype. :icon_redface:

I'm pretty exhausted this evening - the weather was pretty dreadful, so didn't go out. The little guy and I cleaned and tidied, and washed, and ironed and then did some shunting on the layout :icon_razz:

He was pretty pleased because I dug out my homebrew DCC controller and reprogrammed his 08 Shunter so it was on a different address to his 25. (His Bachmann DCC controller (rather ridiculously) doesn't allow reprogramming).

• RMweb Gold

Apparently tonight, or perhaps it was last night, there is the biggest and brightest full moon of 2010.

Whichever, it looks absolutely wonderful shining brightly on the snow we have at the moment.

Morning All,

We had another fall of snow overnight - but it was pretty damp stuff, so I don't expect it will hang around for too long.

I think the full moon was on Friday night BoD - it was also unusual because Mars is at one of its closest points to the Earth and should have been visible close to the moon. Unfortunately, it was 8-oktas here so I didn't see anything!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Morning all....smile.gif

Still coughing like a good 'un and a few nights of disturbed sleep have been a pain. Just waiting for the antibiotics to kick in..

Well, fire has been lit and porridge is on its way. No sign of snow but one hell of a frost again last night.

Seat and TV have been booked for Murray/Federer this morning and Arsenal v Man Utd this afternoon. Beer is in the fridge and lunch will be served between the two events.

I can't see much getting done today..cool.gif

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's snowing steadily here in Wigan, just what I need since I'm about to set off to do a demo at Pontefract show! Oh well, at least I put the car in the garage last night, so I don't have to dig that out. Looking forward to a good day at Pontefract.

Paul

• RMweb Premium

For those of you who can read German: Twenty years ago on Tuesday (2 February) two suburban trains collided at R??sselsheim, which is located between Frankfurt and Mainz. 17 passengers were killed and 141 injured. The Allgemeine Zeitung from Mainz ran an article about the accident yesterday: Click.

• Like 1