The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

You never know - something might jump out at you.

The only things that did were some Turkish delicacies. Other than that, most of what was offered was either junk or commercial merchandise.

The remainder of the afternoon was spent quietly, as it was sunny and very warm.

• RMweb Gold

'How is the eye'

After a couple of eye baths as recommended by NHS direct and a couple of nights rest the eye gradually returned to normal. Thanks for the advice and concern.

To get into the mood of picture testing and posting here are a some from the tour.

There is an amazing variety of architecture in British stations, particularly the roofs. Some of them are works of art in themselves.

post-7191-0-55435500-1344792939.jpg

post-7191-0-90723300-1344792955.jpg

post-7191-0-87079500-1344792972.jpg

post-7191-0-62346300-1344793006.jpg

post-7191-0-98146000-1344793030.jpg

post-7191-0-26737200-1344793053.jpg

One of the best things about the trip was going to sleep in London

post-7191-0-45332700-1344793126.jpg

post-7191-0-99246500-1344793155.jpg

post-7191-0-29688900-1344793174.jpg

And waking up to these views out of the window....

post-7191-0-11585100-1344793242.jpg

post-7191-0-01997800-1344793264.jpg

(Actually I woke up just as we passed Murrayfield - but you get the idea)

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

'How is the eye'

After a couple of eye baths as recommended by NHS direct and a couple of nights rest the eye gradually returned to normal. Thanks for the advice and concern.

To get into the mood of picture testing and posting here are a some from the tour.

There is an amazing variety of architecture in British stations, particularly the roofs. Some of them are works of art in themselves.

Good news on the eye front then - glad to hear it. Nice selection of pics and I hope your neck doesn't ache from looking up at all those station roofs

• RMweb Gold

Gordon and Mike - lovely gardens there - just one thing missing from them - they are crying out for a live steam 7 1/4 inch garden line running round them (like the one near me).

Alas in my case the gradients would not be a practical proposition. i've had quite a long chat with the experts (well they're more expert than me) at Risborough as I rather fancy some large scale r/c steam but the garden topography for both gradients and curve radius is not at all rosy notwithstanding my hopes of watching a VoR 2-6-2T 'going up the valley'. However the gradient of the rear slope (where all the trees are in the back 'garden' pic) would probably be about right for a funicular. But none of that is to be ad my future railway world lies behind that nice looking door in the side of the garage building.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Alas in my case the gradients would not be a practical proposition.

That's a shame. Mike manages 1 in 28 to the front of his house, and at the back, he too would have needed a rope hauled incline until he built an embankment to carry his track without too much of a gradient problem - I've posted his railway here in the past at:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38688-littledale-light-railway/

Now that's a garden railway to die for

I managed to catch No 9, I missed her by 10 mins this afternoon she was early.I dashed over to Llandudno Junction and caught her just coming in. I made sure I was early tonight but got caught in the rain,Still it was worth it

2012-08-12134606.jpg

Up the Junction

2012-08-12195402.jpg

Both taken on my mobile

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I don't think I need to go on a diet as a result of the cruise though I suspect I should do anyway. I don't know if all cruise ships have as many mirrors as the one we were on but they do seem to have ones that show off bulging tums!

I'll collect Robbie tomorrow morning, we didn't get any messages about anything so I'm sure he will have been as happy at kennels as he has been in previous years.

Tony

• Like 1

Gosh, I have 3 days away and you lot post 4 pages?!

Tony and BoD - good to see you both back from your travels.

Been to the beach with Jamie, SWMBO and SWMBO's niece yesterday and then to the soft play and feeding the swans with Jamie today.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

We're looking to be set for another couple of hot days till Thursday at least. Aside from that, I'll need to get more awake yet before being able to post anything else of substance.

Be back later...

Morning All,

Nice to see some familar faces back on ERs this morning!

It is a nice sunny morning here - but looks like it is going to be another busy one. We have some IT problems to resolve today.

Have a good day everyone...

Brilliant pics to enjoy this morning. I'm impressed with the quality.

Pleased that the travellers are back safely and that eyes and paunches have suffered no lasting damage.

Those station roofs are crying out to be modelled but then, of course, would be out of view.

Brilliant pics to enjoy this morning. I'm impressed with the quality.

Pleased that the travellers are back safely and that eyes and paunches have suffered no lasting damage.

Those station roofs are crying out to be modelled but then, of course, would be out of view.

Morning all. You may want to take a look at GN's Peterborough North thread, DD. He's just taken delivery on a station canopy for his layout. Of course, thinking about it, there are also Liverpool Lime Street and then Bath Green Park, which is done in N Gauge. All superb models of magnificent roof structures.

Knackered this morning from a late night watching the closing ceremony last night. Another totally loopy show. Not as good as the opening but a different challenge, I guess. Railway modelling must be good for your health if Roger Daltrey was anything to go by...

• Like 1

Morning all. You may want to take a look at GN's Peterborough North thread, DD. He's just taken delivery on a station canopy for his layout. Of course, thinking about it, there are also Liverpool Lime Street and then Bath Green Park, which is done in N Gauge. All superb models of magnificent roof structures.

Knackered this morning from a late night watching the closing ceremony last night. Another totally loopy show. Not as good as the opening but a different challenge, I guess. Railway modelling must be good for your health if Roger Daltrey was anything to go by...

Not forgetting Ron's Manchester roof - which could well end up the best of the lot....

Regarding the show it would have been better halved in length and the dross removed. I bet a lot of guys wish they took a leaf out of Eric Clapton's book and kept their heads below the parapet - though it has probably long wrecked his chances of Knighthood, and he more deserving than most, of any persuasion...

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather overcast but still fairly warm here. Our washing machine is being thoroughly exercised though. Third load this morning about to go in.

I'll go and collect Robbie after breakfast and take him down to the park.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Was dragged to a car boot sale yesterday. Now I know how shire horses must feel - up the field, move a bit along down the field, move a bit along................

Excepting Thomas the Tank stuff, not a railway related item in sight.

Some interesting spanners though.

Who/m? :jester:

OK Debs, Roger Daltrey is the lead singer of The Who, but is also an avid railway modeller and one of the crew responsible for developing and building The Gresley Beat. His name will often come up in the list of 'celebrity' modellers along with Pete Waterman and Rod Stewart etc.

Perhaps the lure of sex, drugs and rock and roll was not so fulfilling and was overtaken by a love of A4's and other Gresley performers...

Edited by gordon s