The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Sunny again, but apparently with a growing chance of rain tomorrow. I guess I'll be back at writing my paper later today, followed by probably going shopping with SWMBO after her returning from work.

Whatever you're up to - have a good one...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Last couple do days of the grand tour

I suspect that the list for the rest of the holiday will have grown to a considerable size.

Time for pay back methinks.

Talking about meetings reminded me of a classic mistake I made as a young man. I had to fly out with a colleague for a meeting in Switzerland. I made the arrangements with the Swiss guy and asked what time he wanted the meeting to start. 'Between 10 and 12' was the answer I heard, so off we went to Zurich the day before. Had a late night sampling the Swiss night life and as we had a hire car and had not been to Switzerland before, decided to get there after 11 and do a bit of sightseeing. Arrived about 11.15 to meet an angry client plus numerous others who had been waiting since 10 for a meeting from 10-12.

Not the best way to secure a large contract.....

I won't bore you with the details, but when do kids stop giving you problems... :angry:

Even murderer's get parole after 20 years...

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

bucketing down until about 20 minutes ago - we had even more water on the roads from the rain than from the broken main! Laddo's car in for brake attention - got his offside driving mirror smashed by an HGV enroute, shame we we hadn't got up a bit earlier.

And the answer Gordon lies in the future - a long way in the future, I even had my dad worrying (needlessly) about me the last time I became redundant and left the big railway - when I was 52 (not that I was in the least bit worried).

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

sunny spells in between the grey cloudy bit's .

Oh I remember the punctuality of the Swiss , the train will depart at 4 minutes past 4 , and it did , exactly as the

station clock ticked over .

Off to find something to do now , have a good day .

• RMweb Gold

You must have covered a good few miles now, BoD.

Will you have train lag when you get home?

Standing on station at Pitlochry waiting for Edinburgh train.

Have crossed from lowland to highland a few times over the last fortnight. It's the boundary's fault.

As to mileage, I don't know. I have kept an accurate log with details of journeys and comments. I will work out actual mileage when I have been back a few days.

Photos now in the hundreds. Do you want them all at once or a few a day for the next year or so.

Seriously, again when I've been back a few days, I will select a few that best give a flavour of my travels. .

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Absent yesterday and until today, as too many other things to sort out to be "allowed" onto t'internet....

We're currently sitting here watching a lovely t-storm which has been rumbling around for a couple of hours, and puppy has finally fallen asleep after a bit of reassurance that the noise was just the big dog in the sky moving his kennel about. Other than that, there's not a great deal chez 45156/30747 so I'll shoot for now. I see that we're shifting to the new server so here's hoping that we are heading for a SQirreL free zone.

Regards to All

Stewart

ps I know Don was having dead computer problems, but has anybody heard anything?

Morning all! ;)

Gordon, Great shot of 60860, I'm very pleased there's a nice Gateshead loco appearing down there on Eastwood Town! Dad's buying the black Bachmann 60860 - I've already done conversions of a Darlington Green one (4831) and BR green 60860, so I'm not getting it this time around. I had a chat with Dennis Lovett at Glasgow Show in February, and he's arranged to give the school a free model to display.

Been a busy day today, will be glad of a rest tomorrow, though I'll give Kingfisher another coat of Klear, and hopefully watch the Murray games.

Sensational day today in the Olympics. Made my day. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Rain has finally arrived, if only as intermittent showers. I'm hoping this will still wash those pollen out of the air, though. It is still fairly warm in any case.

I'll be stuck with writing that paper once again, and will treat myself to genuine pasta alla bolognese for dinner later on :) .

Mornin`all! :good:

'Orf ite' for a doggie constitutional just now, then back for a day of soldering and gluing (scratchbuilding ladle and ingot-wagon buffer-beams and chassis).......nice to have some unusual and interesting C & W stuff on the bench.

.......enjoy your day. :yes:

Morning all,

Sounds interesting Debs, pics to follow??? As to kids...........dont get me started..I did offer to trade our two (teenagers) for a set of new born twins, for some reason their parents never took me up on the offer. Until some years later the twins mother said to me (and I think she was joking??) was the offer still open.....!

Anyway re-stock the larder day today,

Enjoy yours

Trev

Morning all...Another couch potato day. Jeez, I'll certainly have withdrawal symptoms once these fantastic Games are over.

Good old GB, out on penalties once again. At least it wasn't Germany....

A few spots of rain seem to be finding their way to earth and the forecast is not that great today, so umbrellas could be the order of the day for those venturing out.

I share your concern for dear old Don, although I keep telling myself that's the one drawback of internet relationships. The technology goes down and it's hard to make contact, but I'm sure he'll be spinning a few yarns again soon.

Edited by gordon s

I think he was also contemplating a move to alternative accommodation.

If that has also cropped up, it may be a while before he manages to reinstate Internet access.

Maybe it's a big compliment when a presence is widely missed.

Good luck, Don! Hurry back.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I won't bore you with the details, but when do kids stop giving you problems... :angry:

Even murderer's get parole after 20 years...

Most of us have a rough idea where kids come from, and under a gooseberry bush it ain't! Married 39 years, all our kids have had 4 feet, and never for a moment have we wanted it otherwise.....
  • Like 1