The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Oh how it has changed.

Not a sky in the cloud.

I'm passing through Lancaster so I blame Stewart.

And you didn't wave - that's why I've messed up the weather for you.

Afternoon All

Well that's messed up my weather summary for today.

Of course, you could blame Geoff (Ohmisterporter) as he too is local to Lancaster - in fact he and I had been on here some years before we discovered that we lived in the same road.

I'm off home for puppy duty now, so I'll come back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium

I don't know if it's just me, or whether the site is running a bit less slowly today - I finally bit the bullet and got rid of Chrome and IE9, and downloaded Firefox, and it's much much smoother, so much so that I don't know why I didn't get it a long time ago.

Changing the browser has not, however, improved the weather, which has worsened since BoD passed through earlier - where were you coming from and going to - and why didn't you stop in Lancaster for a pint - we have one of the best pubs around here, with its own brewery making some delicious ales. Never mind, maybe next time.

Puppy is sound asleep having run herself ragged in the garden before the weather deteriorated - it is true that when one looks at a sleeping puppy, one forgives it everything. Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera to hand when she pulled out a raspberry cane, and brought it to present to me - it was bigger than she was!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if it's just me, or whether the site is running a bit less slowly today - I finally bit the bullet and got rid of Chrome and IE9, and downloaded Firefox, and it's much much smoother, so much so that I don't know why I didn't get it a long time ago.

Ah - so it's your fault!! It's worse for me than it has been for some time - maybe it somehow shares round the aggravation and squirrels in order to keep us on our toes (or throwing things at the monitor).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah - so it's your fault!! It's worse for me than it has been for some time - maybe it somehow shares round the aggravation and squirrels in order to keep us on our toes (or throwing things at the monitor).

I spoke too soon - been trying to get back in for ages now, and my e-mail has also gone t*ts up now - I'm off to watch some Olympics (or something)

Yep, Don't miss the "Stand Up Bickering Finals" on NBC this pm..........

Jamie Oliver was on NBC this am (NYC time) introducing the concept of "sliders" to the UK - has someone explained to him that just because he was on "live" in London (my beloved Stratford) that it was not actually shown in the UK??????????

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I've been sent to Coventry. But it's ok I escaped.

There's an Olympic football match there tonight

Loads of Olympic helpers.

Loads of police.

No crowds

Oooo. Just passing through Lemington Spa

Wonder if pete waterman will be spotting on the station.

Morning DD n all! ............the sQuirrels got me last night..........and not the little black furry ones either..... Apart from my normal chaos, not much else to report on from here.

Enjoy your day

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Bright and sunny hereabouts indeed and up to 30°C have been predicted. It is to remain quite warm over the next few days, too, but with a growing chance of rain and thunder. As I mentioned yesterday, today will see me checking out some things in the uni library, and have me stop by at a tutor's for his office hour.

Also, Albert the rabbit is three years old today - I wonder if he'd enjoy some carrot cake? :lol:

Morning all!

Just realised I slightly dopily PM'd Tony last night, forgetting he's off on the high seas. Never mind, it'll wait till he gets back!

Went for a run last night and did my fastest 10k by about 2 minutes (though to be fair It didn't have much uphill), but I seem to have badly bruised a toe in the process. Strange.

Suppose I should shift my bum and get to work...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

grey , overcast and dribbling at the moment . Will have to brave though as I need to

do some shopping .

Nothing to report of any importance so I'll finish my coffee and get moving .

Have a good one .

• RMweb Gold

Has briefly chucked it down here, after several rumbles of thunder. I'm trying to upload my Sandisk 8 GB CF card full of pics from Spa to my PC, which as usual refuses to acknowledge the existence of said card. Will have to borrow Deb's card reader - also as usual.

Morning all,

That's often the trouble with the digital image / PC interface Ian, I've lost count of the number of times I've slipped the card into the slot only for nowt to happen... I have three old SD cards in a drawer somewhere with hundreds of images 'trapped' on them which the PC just refuses to recognise. On top of that, I'm now at the stage where I'm once again taking more photographs at work and not backing them up quick enough.... one of these days the PC will limplode and they'll be lost for good, it happened to me a couple of years ago and I lost thousands of irreplacable pictures!

Weather's looking a tad iffy but joyous news wafting up from the TV downstairs, Team GB have just scooped their first gold medal!