The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is somewhat grey, and rather rainy here this morning.

A quiet weekend was had - but it did seem to rush past ever so quickly!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all,

Thanks for the photos Gordon, Phil the Brickworks project looks interesting. But like Roberts this weekend seems to have been over very quickly...

Well once more into the fray......

Enjoy your day

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It's wet outside and just about 13°C, which sure is a change from the heat we had last week. I believe today will see me back at working on my papers. Other than that, nothing much has happened for me to report on.

Enjoy your day!

"I`m sorry you didn`t stop-by to say hi-di-hi. :cry: "

I seem to have a habit of presenting a moving target.

Didn't want to 'horn in' on your gathering, Debs.

I didn't have long - a car was picking me up.

As it was I managed to miss half the layouts.

`Morning campers! :bye:

I`m feeling a little tired following this last weekend`s exhibition.....a quiet day is on the cards at Debs` towers; just dog walks and duties-domestic.

My buddy`s exhibition layout (or at least one single/large section of it) appears to have been visited by the over-engineering fairies, proving to be right on the point of what we could carry between us.....I`d guess it to be (circa) 160Kg. :O ...........I now have aching muscles that I didn`t know I owned!

........safer transit solution now needs to be devised before GuildEx (Telford). :yes:

I was fascinated by the O gauge stuff. Lots of it, too.

Given the advantages of scale, I've seen very few 'finished' layouts or dioramas in O.

(I understand the large display at the Show was just for exhibition purposes).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Today sees the start of the second week of my playing about on the big railway.

Today I am staying localish, trying the Hope Valley line.

The rest of the week sees me heading off to Cornwall and Wales. Will you be able to see me from up on your hill DD?

I have to be at Paddington tomorrow night but I'm trying to plan a way of avoiding crossing London but still calling at Ipswich. It's a good job I enjoy logic problems.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning ,

grey-ish and cool at the moment , we could get some wet stuff by the look of things .

Lots of things I ought to be doing but not sure in which order to do them . I suppose I

can decide while I have nother cup of coffee .

Enjoy your day .

Is that for badgers? Or guinea pigs?

Morning all. Late on this morning as I'm slowly easing myself back into the working week after a luxurious weekend of peace and quiet and lots of sport.

Still can't get used to watching F1 highlights only. For me they just don't have the same excitement as watching the full race. I just can't seem to get excited or hold my attention on them.

Dry and it was sunny in Edinburgh but it's now rather ominously clouded over.

Thought I'd post this photo .

Tesco are doing a major expansion to our shop , in one corner of the site

this is under consruction .

post-6765-0-27348400-1343638634.jpg

I hope we get some residents .

Looks like the dullest Mini Golf I've ever seen. :senile:
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I noticed the spring 2013 exam dates for us teaching students have been posted by now, but am now wondering what the office people were thinking. Exams will be between March and May, but in this-here state, candidates enter probationary service in May and November. This means that since our certificates certainly won't be finished until June at least, I would have to wait till autumn. It's not much different in those other German states I checked thus far, so I guess I'd see to obtaining a temporary work contract at school in the interim. I already e-mailed our regional education bureau for information as to how I might obtain this kind of contract. Of course, I'll also hand in applications in at least some of the other states.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Puppy for sale - answers to "Drop It", "Come Here" "Get Off" and "Leave it". (It's a joke in case I offend the dog lovers on here, of which there are many). Seriously, I'd forgotten just how much work bringing up a puppy could be. Last night, she decided to adopt this wonderfully ladylike pose while asleep - should have been on the floor, but....

post-103-0-38627500-1343654270_thumb.jpg

Weather's just gone down the pan here, after a drive to and from work wearing sunglasses - it's chucking it now, just as 30747 gets to the bus station, and will be walking home from the main road.

Other than that, not a lot...so

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Batteries `gone again!?!?!....... :mosking:

.......you`ll have to pay the premium and go with Duracell. :laugh:

That's as good as it gets with my camera - Duracell or Wilkinson's own brand - the results come out just the same - and one set of AAA alkaline batteries lasts about six pictures