The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Took puppy to the vet this morning for microchipping and second innoculation, so only a couple of weeks and we can start proper walkies instead of carries - she weighs about six kilos already.

We still seem to be on the wrong side of the North/South divide of the weather here, as it's about seven oktas and we've had a couple of showers as well.

Mentioned to Lily yesterday that she had relatives overseas, and she decided to visit those in Australia right away:

post-103-0-71595900-1343472468_thumb.jpg

Edited by 45156
  • Like 6

Afternoon all!

Stayed up to watch the ceremony. I debated going out to see Batman instead, but thought I'd give the ceremony a chance. I was hooked from the first Shallow Grave-style shots along the Thames. Very good show.

Have done a bit of a wardrobe clear out today while watching (amongst other things) the cycling. Going to watch the F1 qualifying in an hour (though I know who's on pole) then head out to see The Dark Knight Rises.

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

Late on parade as I didn't pop in here before we left for Pendon this morning. Smashing day out and in no small part due to a small contingent from ERs adding a spot of tone to the events (and GordonS has posted some smashing pics in the thread already http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55044-rmweb-private-viewing-and-guided-tour-of-pendon-museum/page__st__100 )

Got home in plenty of time to remove the last of the masking from the porch windows, next step is up on the ladder to do the gable but we are promised heavy rain for tomorrow so i think I'd better get back to a further edition of 'find the trams' .... someone here will understand that comment ;)

In fact, that Railcar picture was just what I needed for reference.

Richard had a chunky K's metal kit which is in a pretty dreadful state and that will give me some useful clues for improvements to make it more saleable.

I, too, had a trip out yesterday and managed to make a brief visit to Colwyn MRC Exhibition at Llandudno.

A certain young lady of this parish was there but was surrounded by courtiers and I didn't like to interrupt.

Here's a few snaps - best viewed at 20cms width as I've reduced definition for the web:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80402816@N05/sets/72157630792671248/show/

• Like 4

Morning all,

Looks from the few photos I saw last night that a good time was had?

Check back in later, just realised I have a meeting to prepare for later this morning!

Enjoy the day

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Not as warm as it used to be earlier this week and still humid. However, the probability of rain is said to decrease later today, and Wednesday should see us back around 30°C. Our train trip home went without any problems, though just as we were alighting from the suburban train up here at the end of the final leg, we were greeted by a really heavy shower.

Enjoy your day, guys and gals!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, dry and sunny again so more outside work inbetween F1 and any sport that grabs my attention and mucking out the rabbits. Not to mention looking for a venus fly trap and trying to put Matthew off the idea of buying a group of red bellied pirhana.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, still bright but clouding over here - rain is forecast for later. I was going to take the bike and camera down to the Solent but looks like it could get mighty wet so I'll leave that for another day.

I have a few days off this week, one of them will be spent here with a view to volunteering, one of the attractions for me is that it's only a couple of miles from home so I can bike it. They are setting up a narrow gauge railway system round the works but I wouldn't mind getting away from railways there and have a go at something else such as building or woodwork. We shall see.

Have a good one

Edited by PhilH

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

the sun was shining when I got up , but now we have grey sky's and a shower of rain .

A good day out yesterday at Pendon and Didcot has left me amazed at the dedication

and perseverance that some people follow in both modelling and full size restoration work

on the subject of railways ,

Have a good day all .

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Not so much late on parade as mired down elsewhere on RMweb and only just got here. Currently we have sunshine but rain showers are expected soI might avoid an 'application of wood stain' afternoon and leave it looking like this for a few days longer (less the now removed masking tape etc on the far side of course) -

post-6859-0-60249500-1343560547_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Afternoon all! I've just been listening to the commentary of Durham pulling off an unlikely win against Middlesex in the County Championship. Middlesex were set a 4th innings target of only 118, and Durham managed to bowl them out for 102. Very tight finish, and towards the end of yesterday's play, it was looking like Middlesex were certain to win.

I'll be watching the F1 later too, but unfortunately no Sky here, so it'll be on the BBC highlights at 5. (no spoilers please!)

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Been busy with the garden on and off all day due to showers - had to visit the world's worst DIY store for a few odds and ends to finish a few jobs, and only just got to ERs - the way I'm feeling tonight it'll be EBs (early bedders).

Had visitors last night, and they kept on playing with her - result was a somewhat hyper puppy, but hey-ho that's puppies for you.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

I, too, had a trip out yesterday and managed to make a brief visit to Colwyn MRC Exhibition at Llandudno.

A certain young lady of this parish was there but was surrounded by courtiers and I didn't like to interrupt.

"Courtiers"?!?!?!.....one might be so lucky! :mosking:

I`m sorry you didn`t stop-by to say hi-di-hi. :cry:

Edited by Debs.

G'day all,

Not so much late on parade as mired down elsewhere on RMweb and only just got here. Currently we have sunshine but rain showers are expected soI might avoid an 'application of wood stain' afternoon and leave it looking like this for a few days longer (less the now removed masking tape etc on the far side of course) -

post-6859-0-60249500-1343560547_thumb.jpg

Brings to mind the YOPS lad (of folklore) whose boss was horrified to discover the lad had been outside and rubbed-down and brush-painted his German-sportscar; not the porch, as instructed. :mosking:

• Like 3