The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Shocking! I guess all the deer will be well up on the hills at the moment, they're usually only down trackside when the weather's a bit worse and when it's snowy. I do remember seeing several when we were on the Fort Bill - Mallaig line, but then that was Feb/March.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

another hot one so far , looks like indoor jobs again .

Nice to hear that BoD is having fun , and Tony and family are about to . Enjoy the

time .

Time for cornflakes I think , then I'll start painting two 65ft turntable side girders .

Have a good one all .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

second attempt as the first one stuck somewhere between keyboard and thread. We have no rain forecast but it feels a bit that way in the air - fortunately the last side of porch to do is inside although its outside face needs a second coat - fingers crossed and we will see what we see. Anyway I shall not allow any delays due to weather to interfere with tomorrow being dedicated to Pendon, pub, and Didcot (in that chronological order, preferential order is far more difficult to define).

Morning all,

A fine day here, warm and sunny with a hint of breeze, just about right. Had an absolute scorcher yesterday with fine views over Oxon and Warks from the (very warm!) cab of 'Bardon Blue' 66 623 taking 6M40 up country to Stud Farm Quarry, with a storming run up Hatton Bank under clear signals.... first time in about two years I think! I noticed there were more than the usual number of photographers about along the route.... perhaps there was a special running somewhere?

A bit miffed that I won't have time to visit Didcot tomorrow, the Rover needs fixing and apparently there's yet more gardening to catch up on! Have a good weekend folks, hope you enjoy Pendon, Pub and Didcot... off to Bedfordshire shortly to play with 6M54 ;)

• RMweb Premium

Second attempt at this post, so

Morning All

Doing this at work (naughty).

There's a very strange yellow thing in the sky which is dispensing warmth. Won't last, I'm sure. The normal wet is forecast for later in the weekend.

Happy holidays to those about to go or already away - BoD, I'm pretty sure that the bridge is OK now - I last crossed it about fifteen years ago, and it was fine. Best way to see the two bridges was always on the local from Dundee to Edinburgh on a first generation DMU sitting behind the driver, but that's all gone now, I'm afraid....amazing that we're now getting nostalgic about the diesel whizbangs that we used to hate. One thing that has now gone is the tradition of hanging out the window on the Forth bridge and chucking a penny into the water for luck, as there's so few openable windows about now.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

One thing that has now gone is the tradition of hanging out the window on the Forth bridge and chucking a penny into the water for luck.

Been there, done that! I wonder what any painters working below deck level thought of the tradition?

Back home in the ###### of my good friends....Wedding is well and truly over. Newly weds are sunning themselves in Asia and Mrs S and I plus a few family members survived a few days break down on the south coast.

Weather was spectacular and cottage idyllic. Here's a few pics from a good old English seaside town, before I hit Pendon, pub and Didcot tomorrow...

Didn't buy any rock, but was tempted..

post-6950-0-61306300-1343403573_thumb.jpg

This little toy reminded me of you, Pete...

post-6950-0-92200500-1343403631_thumb.jpg

My best Toulouse Lautrec impression with the boys..

post-6950-0-74481700-1343403723_thumb.jpg

Had a great lunch in a typical fish and chip shop. Food was great, the view less so...

post-6950-0-46120000-1343403848_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

There are a couple in this area but they have been turned into restaurants or pub/diners

That's assuming they are the real I am and not a theme pub recreation. The bogies look real enough.

Edit: yep just checked Pullman cars S/No. 102 ROSALIND & S/No.99 PADUA.

http://www.rmweb.co....28378851766.jpg

An aside: Searched the web for a picture and do you notice the site on which I found one?

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, or the other one not engrossed in the opening ceremony - have to admit it looks incredible.

Just a woollen gabbeh rug:

post-6683-0-16658500-1343420834_thumb.jpg

but how it got here amazed me. Ordered from a UK website 23.00 hrs on the 22nd. Picked from a warehouse in Indianapolis, USA on the 23rd, flight into Stansted, and delivered here at 11.18 on the 27th. I know this is an everyday occurrence now but it just amazes me how small the world is getting - and I tracked it all the way on my mobile phone.

OK I am now starting to get into the Olympics......

Edited by PhilH

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting into sports mode now.... exactly when is the womens' beach volleyball on?

:nono: :punish:

Morning all , looks like I'm first in today , dont panic though it won't happen again .

Looking like it's going to be a hot and sunny one for the Pendon ,Didcot trip , must remember the sun cream .

Time to finish getting ready , have a good day to those that cant be there and I'll see any of the ER gang that wil be

In about three hours .

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Things are looking like we're in for another scorcher, though the first t-storms hit the country last night. All we got thus far was but only a heavy shower out of a sky that had been strangely sunny, though...

While lying dozing in bed about an hour ago, I heard a bird rustling through the ivy outside the window and flapping his wings as he moved about. Then, suddenly, something touched my leg, and when I looked, the little chap was sitting there.

He then flew off to the windowsill and calmly sat there...

piepn.jpg

...following which I gently pushed him to the window so he could fly out. I think it must have been a greenfinch or something... :)

• Like 1

Morning all,

Not that I'm really interested in the Olympic stuff, "due to rights issues" No BBC (including World Service) on the internet last night......try to look at some of the stuff on the news sites. Just glad I aint paying for it! (Soon as they started talking about it this morning on Radio 4 got the same message!)

Hope those off to Pendon today enjoy, I remember going there decades ago, high light of the visit for me was the "Madder Valley"..........is it still there?

Whatever your up to,

Enjoy the day,

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, long time since I've been on! Can't quite believe it.

Had a great time in Cornwall on my holiday, and have been trying to catch up on a couple bits of uni work. I've also been recording and uploading more videos and I'm sorry to say I've spent far too much time on games recently! I am also working outside for part of the summer at a campsite like last year which is always good fun. Raking gravel in the sun not so much though! Right, I'd best try and catch up on what everyone's been doing in my absence.

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention my bill for being harvested came yesterday £90 if I want to avoid 3 points on my licence £60 if I want 3 points. Given the way it was done if I could afford Mr Loophole I could get off without either. The coverage in the local paper was not complimentary either which as I said is not what the police need this year.