The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is quite a pleasant morning here. Some haze still present but I expect the temperature to start rising soon. Robbie goes to kennels today. He has been before and always seemed quite content to stay there. Then I've got a few tasks like tidying the car up a bit so all our suitcases don't get covered in dog hair.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

hot & sunny yet again, rain now promised for Sunday (by the Met Office - so it might move to another day). Best of luck with the exhibiting Debs - are the collies helping? And have a nice, hmm, 'trip' Tony - is a cruise a trip or a holiday or a sort of combination of the two - I've never been able to work that out and the formality and lack of trains has always put me off the idea.

Anyway off now to the kitchen for a haircut - have a nice day folks.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

another scorcher here , 24.5 C indoors in the shade . Hope it stays for

Saturday and roaming Didcot and Pendon .

Hope the cruise go's well Tony , I am like Mike and not sure if it's something I

would enjoy .

A few hours yesterday were spent drawing up the trackplan for the layouts control

panel , :paint: I worked full size rather than trying to scale things . Here is the result , not a

good photo but you get the idea , I had to stand on a chair to get it all in frame as

it's 4ft long .

post-6765-0-76250800-1343294789.jpg

Time to have a bit of breakfast now , enjoy your day .

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Trying to summon up the enthusiasm to do something interesting today but failing so I've come to work instead.

Aren't "work" and "interesting" mutually exclusive?

Last night out in the garden after dark, MiL literally stumbled across a hedgehog which then understandably curled up out of fright. We but did have a closer look at the little fellow, just in case he might have been hurt. It did not look like he was, though, as he eventually left later that night. According to FiL, who is a biologist, they may remain curled up for as much as an hour or longer.

mobile.41meul1.jpg

• Like 2

Morning all - here's an obligatory photograph of myself and my mother in the Olympic Stadium last night! That flag has been with my mother to four Olympic games now, starting with Montreal in '76.

post-1656-0-73058200-1343295456.jpg

I went to the opening ceremony rehearsal last night (spent most of this week in and around Stratford as I have been conducting compliance audits on specific companies), and even if you are cynical, uninterested, and fed up of the sporting side to the Olympics, you absolutely must watch the opening ceremony. It's bloody brilliant. Particularly the second section of the performance, I feel many railway buffs would be delighted with the overall theme. Danny Boyle has done a magnificent job - please, please please watch it on Friday.

My mother and I were both practically in tears seeing my sister perform in the opening ceremony - it's amazing just how well designed the stadium is, the seating arrangements are excellent and the overall complex is brilliant.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Go with black for your DJ.

Those cream ones are naff.

Oops, too late.

No not too late. Advice was sought from various neighbours. They said the same (well not so polite).

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

We're in for another sunny day, it would seem. However, right now it does feel like it's slightly cooler outside than inside, so open went the windows... We'll most likely be out for a round of shopping, which will include my picking up a pre-ordered item at the model shop :D . Also, some family friends will arrive for an overnight stay in the early evening, for which we shall prepare lasagna.

Enjoy your day, guys and gals - it's Friday, after all!

Morning all,

Well that another week almost over! Was quite cold here yesterday, down to a positively chilly 25c. Brrrrrrrr (Only jokin lads!) Odd rain showers forecast. Some of the containers turned up when they should have done...the rest are on their way.....trouble is that means paying for another days crane hire....

Hope you enjoy your day,

Trev.

Looks like it might be a nice one here although I can see oktas in the distance.

Need some proper sun to ripen the tomatoes.

Advice for GB football team: Keep the ball then the opponents can't score but generally a reasonable effort.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We finished packing late last night but Aditi has found a few items this morning she would like me to add.

It is cooler and I'm sure I can hear thunder rumbling somewhere.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

It's sunny in Inverness.

Day whatever of the grand tour.

V. Enjoyable.

At some point today will cross the Tay

Hope they managed to get the bridge fixed.

Have a good holiday Tony.

Edited by BoD

Hear hear!

Morning all! Sunshine in Edinburgh, not a bad way to start a Friday.

Tony - enjoy your cruise. BoD - really hope you're on a slam door HST for your trip across the Tay so you can look out along the length of the train as it crosses the Tay Bridge.

• RMweb Gold

Mike, I'm hoping to catch an East Coast set so I may well be able to do that. You need to have a word with whoever replaced you at the department for furry things. I've only seen dead ones so far.