The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Second attempt at posting this, so fingers crossed...!

Interesting photo there 1216 025... I'm looking at those slightly 'Paddington-esque' overall roofs in the background and wondering if any of the Continental model manufacturers produce something like them in HO / OO....?

(I know that Peco do an overall roof kit but the arch is much flatter in shape ;) )

I think either Kibri or Vollmer used to do something in that line Nidge

• Like 1

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=KI39565

http://disrubahn.piczo.com/stationoverallstationroof?cr=5&linkvar=000044

There is a kit for a temporary replacement station made from containers that I think was done by KIBRI which has an arched overall roof - it was used by a member on here for a UK layout that he and his father built

EDIT - in fact it is made by BUSCH - just found it - http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/e/artikel/1030-h0.htm

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

http://www.gaugemast...sp?code=KI39565

http://disrubahn.pic...&linkvar=000044

There is a kit for a temporary replacement station made from containers that I think was done by KIBRI which has an arched overall roof - it was used by a member on here for a UK layout that he and his father built

The Conrad link I posted earlier has them in stock and a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the further info chaps, all duly noted... some potential there to help me finish a diorama I'm already gathering bits 'n' bobs for ;)

Weather forecast is looking up for the weekend, well sort of.... apparently, the bottom half of our garden resembles a rain forest which needs 'trimming'.... so I'm told!

This is still the place to post random "Why O Why" questions, right?"

As in:

Why oh why is it that whenever I place a new bar of soap in the shower once I start shampooing and I cannot open my eyes the new bar of soap slides out of the soap holder and lands on my big toe? Then - you know that there is a slippery bar of soap on the floor, you cannot open your eyes..........

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

This is still the place to post random "Why O Why" questions, right?"

As in:

Why oh why is it that whenever I place a new bar of soap in the shower once I start shampooing and I cannot open my eyes the new bar of soap slides out of the soap holder and lands on my big toe? Then - you know that there is a slippery bar of soap on the floor, you cannot open your eyes..........

Best, Pete.

Soap!?!.......Shampoo!?!........Shower!?!?! :O

It`ll be warm water you`ll be wanting next! :nono: ....you upstate softies don`t know you`re born! :laugh:

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

As you will have noticed, we've been going East once again, so here I am now in Leipzig, sipping a cuppa coffee to start the day. Charlie the beagle is up as well. He sure has grown a lot, too!

So, whatever you're up to, have a good one...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

That's three days now waking up to clear blue skies and sunlight.

It's more than a body can take.

Pete, you may hang the rope on any convenient projection.

It seems that Don's computer is taking some fixing.

Let's hope that all is well, otherwise.

That's the problem with 'virtual' friends. They can just disappear back into the ether, as if they had never really existed, and you may never find out why.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case with Don though, he somehow seems a permanent fixture here.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The bloke with the rucksack looks like a Preiser figure.

Thank goodness it wasn't that rambler who's doing the rounds in Scotland at the moment.

"That's the problem with 'virtual' friends. They can just disappear back into the ether, as if they had never really existed, and you may never find out why."

It doesn't take much imagination to visualise tragic circumstances where this can happen considering the number of cyber folk with whom we are likely to have some contact.

Possibly a situation which could be exacerbated by attempts to follow up.

I'll say good bye now just in case.

"Where do you put the rope?"

Pass.

I can think of a few.

What happened to Steve Jones, the only chap I know of who seemed able to drive out of Telford at will.

Will we ever know what happened in the battle of his dogs with his pampas grass?

Edited by DDolfelin

Morning all,

Very late on parade today..(and the squirrel error just after 9:30) ....yesterday afternoon it was announced that as it's local government elections today, there was an embargo on travel.....9am - 4pm. Now that means a rare day off...........well not really as it gives me a chance to catch up wit the paper work mountain. But the 10 hours of sleep was needed!

Lets hope Dons absence is electronic & nothing more serious..

Enjoy your day..

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

Matching BoD here in Somerset with the morning sun , nice to see and it stops me sleeping

in to long .

I agree with DD and the cyber friends , it can also happen with old friends who you only ever

swap Christmas cards with , you send but dont recieve , it can leave you wondering especially

as we all get older .

Oh well , forward to the days duties I suppose , better do some cleaning or the dust will over run the place .

Have a good one all .