The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

Weather can't seem to make it's mind up here, grey and grim one minute, bright and shiny the next. Twas ever thus, what.

On the modelling front, my recent bout of lethargy seems to have deserted me at long last, I stayed up last night weathering another batch of Bachmann Mk1s ploughing through the Southern Region green ones with ease. I still managed to push two bits of glazing in by mistake though so that's a little job for later on.... sometimes these Bachy darlings come apart quite easily, and sometimes not!

• RMweb Gold

It has gone dark here now as well. Perhaps the blue sky and sun earlier was viral delerium. I had optimistically hoped what I thought was 24 hour flu yesterday. It seems to be settling in for another day.

Dd. I'm glad the weather is nice. My neighbours are off to Denbighshire tomorrow to look after the grandchildren for a weekend. The activities planned(involving horses and rugby, not together though) would benefit from nice weather.

Tony

I wouldn't call it 'nice' at the moment, Tony.

Overcast with occasional very fine rain.

We live in hope of the promised return to Summer.

(Probably just in time to be stuck indoors watching the Olympiad).

• RMweb Gold

We live in hope of the promised return to Summer.

(Probably just in time to be stuck indoors watching the Olympiad).

As Aditi has to take her holiday during the Olympics we will be away then. We'll be on a boat. The cabin has a television but I don't know (first time on a cruise) what sort of programmes are available. We'll probably only look at the weather forecasts anyway.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Take plenty of pics., Tony.

You'll probably put on weight if the food is any good so we'll need before and after.

I've been told that one should allow for about a pound (or was it a kilogramme?) a day increase in weight. Matthew lost loads of weight last year in rural Vietnam but it was very different food to that to which he is accustomed.

When Aditi first came to this country it was so long ago that ocean liner was the standard method of travel between India and the UK. Aditi and her sister (they were 5 and 4 years old) didn't like the food. My MiL said the really kind Australian waiter arranged for food from the Indian crew's kitchen to be provided for the children.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Return to work is now planned in for next week, so will be present here less, or absent more (depending on whether you think half full or half empty).

Weather seems to be on the turn to slightly better (or perhaps just less bad).

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Return to work is now planned in for next week, so will be present here less, or absent more (depending on whether you think half full or half empty).

Regards to All

Stewart

All the very best with it Stewart. But take my advice from past experience - don't try to be a hero and take on too much too quickly. It takes tome to readjust to the workplace environment after a 'long' absence and the recovering body isn't necessarily in the same working order as the one which was there before poor health struck so it can seem very hard and get immensely frustrating if you find you can't immediately do things with the same alacrity as in the past. A good employer and your manager(s) should understand that - I hope that in your case they will because that will make it so much easier for you.

• Like 1

My daughter and I spotted this restaurant the other day: "O'Leary's Thai House and Irish Pub - Guiness on tap!" in New Jersey.

Best, Pete.

Edit: corrected by Liz.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

All the very best with it Stewart. But take my advice from past experience - don't try to be a hero and take on too much too quickly. It takes tome to readjust to the workplace environment after a 'long' absence and the recovering body isn't necessarily in the same working order as the one which was there before poor health struck so it can seem very hard and get immensely frustrating if you find you can't immediately do things with the same alacrity as in the past. A good employer and your manager(s) should understand that - I hope that in your case they will because that will make it so much easier for you.

Fat chance! Recovering from a Cancer operation on my foot (23 days in a BUPA Hospital) EMI wanted me to do a quick job in New York. I agreed, still with an open wound on my sole, Stupid. The money was good and Concord thrown in. After three days I was back home but then an infection set in and I was in a wheelchair for another three months.......my own greed...

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

"some people having a lie in in maybe ??? "

I wish.

I've been lickin' and stickin' parcels for folk.

Went to a 'Farm Sale' last evening.

Anyone interested in pics. of farm plant and machinery?

All I bought was a black leather reclining chair and foot stool in perfect order @ £5. Beats eBay.

The sale was less than half a mile from here.

From the fields the view was fantastic (very high up). With binoculars I could have seen Debs sunning herself in the garden.

It was all reading as being plausible; upto that point! :laugh:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I was quite expecting you to issue an injunction.....Good job we all realize that DD is totally harmless!

Best, Peter.

From Debs status updates yesterday he would have espied her doing calculations for her dipole and balun. I think this is engineer speak for bending a coathanger to make the radio reception better.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Fat chance! Recovering from a Cancer operation on my foot (23 days in a BUPA Hospital) EMI wanted me to do a quick job in New York. I agreed, still with an open wound on my sole, Stupid. The money was good and Concord thrown in. After three days I was back home but then an infection set in and I was in a wheelchair for another three months.......my own greed...

Best, Pete.

I had a similar experience after an operation on my male bits and my then employer failed to cancel some of my appointments for my recovery period, and left me with two client visits in Plymouth - out of sheer cussedness, I insisted that they fly me to Plymouth (I lived a few miles from Gatwick at the time) which they did but due to fog, we were diverted to Exeter, so I had the pain of the last leg of the journey on a bus - and even though the bus actually passed the road where my client was based, they would not stop until they got to Plymouth airport - by that time I was hurting so much that I had to take another three weeks off work!

• RMweb Gold

From Debs status updates yesterday he would have espied her doing calculations for her dipole and balun.

And I thought Sir Balun was a King Arthur class loco!

:dance: We were all stood in the garden, saying "fromage".......did you see? :dancer:

At least he captured your "good" side!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

And I thought Sir Balun was a King Arthur class loco!

My brother used to try to interest me in discussions about baluns and aerials. After I left our childhood home my half of the shared bedroom looked like some surplus electronic junk yard. He funded his amateur radio hobby by supplying teachers at his school with re-conditioned televisions. My mother really was worried that all his aerials on the roof would attract lightning and destroy the house.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

My mother really was worried that all his aerials on the roof would attract lightning and destroy the house.

Just as if my Hornby-Dublo with metal track was down on the carpet in my bedroom, my mother would come in and quickly dismantle it if thunder threatened. Mind you, that was a step forward from her mother, who thought thunder meant God was angry - and hid in the cupboard under the stairs!