The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

The puppy book we had suggested that the smell of normal household cleaner /disinfectants are very attractive to dogs and will encourage territorial marking. We never used any deterrent products but if Robbie did forget when he was little we cleaned up with one of the suggested products.

Know how you feel Mike. These days I'm constantly tired - I put it down to the shift pattern, the worst I've ever worked and unlikely to change. No leave permitted now until the second week in September and I've already had three or four of my rest days cancelled. One thing's sure, there will be more of that sort of thing on the way and I'll be glad when this whole fiasco's over and done with although we'll probably all be redundant in 6 months!

Dave.

I started reading the Alistair Moffat "Arthur and the Lost Kingdoms" book last week, interesting so far, but I think a better knowledge of Gaelic and its pronunciation would probably help me...

Afternoon all,

From the elation of the weekend, I am having a particularly bad day in the office (though I know of one RMwebber having a worse day today, so shan't rant any more than this out of respect for him).

Instead, I will go and have a cup of tea and a sit down with some ginger nut biscuits. It's the little things which get you through the day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Know how you feel Mike. These days I'm constantly tired - I put it down to the shift pattern, the worst I've ever worked and unlikely to change. No leave permitted now until the second week in September and I've already had three or four of my rest days cancelled. One thing's sure, there will be more of that sort of thing on the way and I'll be glad when this whole fiasco's over and done with although we'll probably all be redundant in 6 months!

Dave.

You know, Dave, it's only now while I'm having term break that I am noticing just how exhausting those past few weeks have been. Strangely, I but do hope I can return to working at school as soon as possible - if only to do something different and less abstract entirely. It'll be in the first week of August only that I'll find out which days I will be working there, though.

• RMweb Premium

I ended up starting with one of the papers I'll have to write. Thankfully, it is a topic from a field I covered in great depth for several years, so it shouldn't take too long to come up with something useful.

• RMweb Gold

I ended up starting with one of the papers I'll have to write. Thankfully, it is a topic from a field I covered in great depth for several years, so it shouldn't take too long to come up with something useful.

I think I've forgotten everything I studied for years!

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen a ginger nut for years, though they never were a favourite. I'm very boring and like "Rich Tea".

Because if you dip your ginger nuts they make the tea taste funny. Rich Tea can improve it....

I can get them over here but I think they are made in Canada.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Rumour has it that Summer may return to the UK next week.

Challenged the parking ticket that SWMBO received in Southport last week on the grounds of inadequate signs as per her testimony.

They sent a photo back showing the car parked underneath a sign.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Weather could yet go either way, it seems. I'll be doing a trip to the library today, as well as try and meet one of my tutors in his office hour. Other than that, we shall see...

I also finalised the rabbit enclosure yesterday, attaching some wood boards around the bottom of the fence to prevent dirt from being flung into the living room.

Morning all,

Happy Hump day!.. Yes Ginger Nuts, get them here around twice / three times what the UK price would be. The other rare thing is to get a whole packet of biscuits that aren't broken!

Oh well, such are the joys of life?

Enjoy your day

Trev

• Like 1

Rumour has it that Summer may return to the UK next week.

That figures! Our heatwave will be going back to "normal" later today after some severe T-Storms (oh, joy!). So I'm expecting everyone to start complaining of excessive heat in the UK as from next Monday?

Man, yesterday was so uncomfortable, I got a reading of 102.5f on my deck and the humidity was in the 90% range. Expecting "Jock Itch" at any moment and I've been living in shorts for weeks....

Best, Pete.

Gordon likes Ginger Nuts.

I do and not just the biscuits....

Morning all. Saw your comment Peter about a few experts, but with all the wedding nonsense, must have missed the cause of your woes.

Got a link from the photographer yesterday to some thumbnail shots and the tears flowed again....Big softy that I am.

Took the happy couple to Heathrow yesterday and breathed a sigh of relief. Job done and we survived.....

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 5

Took the happy couple to Heathrow yesterday and breathed a sigh of relief. Job done and we survived.....

That's worth a quote!

"We've only just begun......" as BoD refers.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

Morning all. Please recycle yesterday's moan. Southeastern even manged to cancel my train again for consistency. Just 13 days left on this project. By which time I will either take up meditation, class A drugs, or advanced nuclear weapon design. :O

disclaimer: for those with advanced humour deficiency the above inane rambling is meant as a fictional parody and not intended to solicit the procurement of illegal substances or fissionable materials. :triniti:

• Like 4

Oh, dear I'm getting the dreaded whirling green squares now when I hit the edit button....

What I was going to say is seeing great art makes my eyes water up. Two times recently: Seeing Michelangelo's "real" David and last Saturday when I saw Monet's "Water Lillies" for the first time. Extraordinary painting. When first seen I thought it was Pastels and even more surprised by it being really thick pasted on oils - for such a delicate subject. It's also about 20 feet wide.....

I also enjoyed Rousseau's "The Gypsy" whilst Van Gogh's "Starry Night" left me cold.

I fully expect 90% not to understand this!

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I thought I'd broken RMweb this morning. The reply pane was in a strange font so I clicked on the toggle edit mode button and it stopped. I didn't even persistently click which allegedly was the theory behind yesterdays outage.

Andrew, you need a jet pack, probably available from ACME Inc.

Tony

Most artwork seen in the flesh leaves me cold, Pete. There's something about the portrayal of most of the major renowned artists that their art is over analysed and reported on in the press to the extent that whenever you see the "real" painting, it rarely lives up to the hype.

I did, however, have to eat my words when I saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. That is one of the most beautiful paintings in the world, and its conservation, given it must be over 500 years old now, is just astonishing.

I`ve not heard a contralto even close to her ability, since!........How much more might she have achieved; "if only"...... :yes:

`bless you, Karen. :tender:

How true (tried to like, got told I dont have permission to like! :scratchhead: )
  • Like 1