The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Mick.

I recommend a course of brandy, a double dose every four hours, plenty of bed rest and a good railway book.

Dad's taxi has to continue so the brandy is out bed rest consisted of snivelling as the clock ticked round I might try a railway dvd though.spelling seems to have gone down the pan too

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

It is cold here this morning. I didn't stay out admiring the pink glow from the recycling bags for too long.

Everyone in this house seems to have a cough. Fortunately for Matthew at least his did start after he completed the current lot of exams.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

You know what, i'd love to learn guitar despite knowing piano. Trouble is I wouldn't know which one to choose when it came to playing a song!

More strange lighting this morning (OK, not strange, more red sky in the morning... which has now gone.).

A boring day ensues today... shame I can't have a lie in!

Well see you later on...

• RMweb Gold

So today's list is making tea for both Mrs. S and Matthew in between taking Robbie for his swim.

Matthew doesn't drink tea but his mother makes up for him. I wasn't sure if Robbie was going to swim yesterday but after he went down to the water to look at the egret (seems to fascinate all the dogs) he did decide to go in for a paddle.

Tony

It is cold here this morning. I didn't stay out admiring the pink glow from the recycling bags for too long.

Have you been putting radioactive waste in the recycling again?

You know what, i'd love to learn guitar despite knowing piano. Trouble is I wouldn't know which one to choose when it came to playing a song!

I play piano, bass and guitar and it very much depends on the song and the mood I'm in as to which gets played! Though mostly I don't have a choice - my piano's at my parents' house, and the guitars are all in my flat! :D

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Distinctly chillsome this morn. No great excitement today, another day in the office. Suspect it will be a case of packing up the club O gauge layout this evening as it's due down to Bristol for a bash on Sunday.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning all - managed to get logged in again today. Site is so slow at present - ot perhaps it's my PC....

A few thoughts....on this rather chilly Wednesday with 8 oktas about to start leaking.

Phil, I'm a guitar player, and one time tutor, albeit that I can play s*d all now with one shoulder fractured and the other part frozen. It's a great instrument, but it does take some getting used to. The finger tips WILL harden and provided you keep playing, will stay that way - I don't doubt that you felt you'd never get used to the effort of firing an A4, but as you're a driver now, you clearly did. Listen to as many players of different styles as you can, to get an idea of what can be done. Chet Atkins, Bert Weedon, John James, Chris Newman are all worth a listen as well as the more usual suspects who are mentioned as being the greats - don't be discouraged - they all started off as beginners too, and every one of them is 100 times better than me, and I used to be considered quite a good all round player in my youth. I do recommend Chris Newman who is one of the best flat pickers in the UK - his website is www.oldbrigemusic.co.uk

Mick - sorry to hear you're poorly - resting up is boring, as I know from having to do so over the last couple of weeks. Have you tried audio books, I find them quite good provided you get a decent reader.

I plan to try a solo trip to town on the bus today, as I have to go to the bank - internet banking is great, but until you can deposit cheques and draw cash on your PC via the CD slot perhaps, it's too limited - I asked my animal insurer to send my claim direct to the bank, but guess what, a cheque arrived, and they now say that I would need to send it back with a written request for a bank transfer, and it will take a further two weeks - so this is the impetus I need to get off my backside and to brave the ministrations of Stagecoach.

Due to start to take the sling off on Friday, and to start some gentle exercises - should be fun, if a bit painful! LOL

Won't be on now for the rest of the week, but hopefully will check in again on Monday - cheers to all.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold
Great news that you are risking a trip on public transport. Take great care!

Also happy that the sling is due off soon.

Keep us informed of progress.

Yep - Good luck. Break a leg.

Good morning all.

It's Thursday! :D

Having got my ticket vouchers I paid my deposit for the farm stay, booked and paid for my hotel in Jo'burg and then got another e-mail saying "Don't get your tickets yet. There is another problem. We may send replacement vouchers!" :icon_mutter: :icon_mutter: :icon_mutter:

I'm going to need a holiday to recover from the frustration of trying to book it!

How's the bronchitus, Mick?

Anybody else got any injuries, illness or psychological complaints to report?

Morning All,

We've had more snow overnight. Not as much as they forecast - which is probably a good thing - but I am left wondering when Spring is finally going to arrive!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A bit dull here (weather) and a little hoarse (me). My wife is returning to work today but I don't think Matthew will be going to college. He wants to but he hasn't got up yet and is coughing.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Something strange is occurring, there appears to be a glimmer of blue sky poking through a hole in the 7.9 oktas!

"called Shorty". That would be Shorty the Short horse would it. No I didn't just call you a short hearse.

Cheers

Dave

"called Shorty". That would be Shorty the Short horse would it. No I didn't just call you a short hearse.

Cheers

Dave

A short hearse? That's a London cab isn't it? :)

Morning all! On sprogwatching duty today and tomorrow. You never know, I might even put in a full week at work at some point this year.

Trebled the RAM in my iMac last night. Very simple operation, took 2 minutes to do and cost me ??34.99.

I see Sideshow Bob is at one set all against Cilic.

• RMweb Gold

The horse drawn hearse seen around here is quite short. The funeral directors that I think the horse hearse belongs to is next door to a beauty salon. I sometimes amuse myself wondering if anyone has gone into the wrong door or thought the "half price for models" offer advertised outside was for the funeral place. Perhaps I should get out more!

Tony